Author Topic: Nicole Morin: Missing (Toronto, 1985)  (Read 142130 times)

dagc

• View Profile
Re: Nicole Morin: Missing (Toronto, 1985)
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »
who knows what happened to Nicole there are so many possibilities, maybe it as a sexual predator, or maybe it was somebody who wanted a little girl cause they didn't have one for whatever reason, maybe somebody's child had died and they needed "another" so they wouldn't have to account for the death so they snatched nicole,

People who were in the building in the days before the dissapearance should be check out too, maybe it was a person going door to door trying to sell something while really looking into apartmans seeing if there is any sign of a child living there so they can choose a victim,
or it could of been a pedofile who had hung around at the pool and looked for the children who were unnateneded and then followed them inside to see where they live so that maybe in another hot day, he could go inside and wait. Or maybe  he heard the girls talking about their plan to go swimming that day, and then he could easily follow them into the apartman, see where they live, and then come the day theyre suppose to go swimming and wait.

Miss R

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »
Maybe this is a dumb suggestion on my part.  LE could have been up to speed.  However, I have to ask. 

Did LE keep in track of all those who have been living in the building in 1985?  amIam mentioned that the building that Nicole lived was named "Buckingham", a West Mall apartment building.  That's the exact address needed.   

Perhaps LE could use the specific building address where Nicole last lived and cross-check the 1985 residents (and associates) and see if they would show up now in any police database.  Probably in 1985 someone was 'clean' but now may been charged with sexual assault, forcible confinement, or any crime against a minor.  Check their additional properties that they had ownership of at that time, be it a cottage or a small shack by the lake.

I guess they have been on top of this though after all this time.  Just checking.  Several of the posters in this thread did mention the same thing, checking a tenant list, but there's no word if LE DID actually do the cross-check.

For example, let's say, if Bell Canada currently had a 1985 Toronto phone listing in storage.  If their 1985 file is computerized and alphabetized by last names, that same file can still be converted and sorted by address.  Just select the database with that specific address and check everyone out.  However, those with common last names are going to be a problem.  *sigh*

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
I like your suggestion of continuing to find out what ever became of the people who lived in Nicole's building 25 years later. All part of never giving up on the case of a missing child.

I recently saw a poster of Nicole that was posted at a border crossing, so someone is doing their job in keeping the posters out there still.

save_elephants

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
I was at my local Wal-Mart this morning (Calgary,Alberta) and noticed Nicole's missing poster up. It was nice to see that her case is still alive and you never know. Maybe someon seeing it after all these years will remeber something...

wellsworth

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
A while back, sometime last year, summer, late summer?, a new comer posted only one post on this thread. Then early the next day she removed it.
What she had to say was interesting. She mentioned that she? or a friend? of hers on the way home from school? for lunch? or after School? was approached by a man, in front of or near where Nicole lived, and offered to buy her candy. Her friend became frightened and ran away. The poster mentioned the man had brown hair and that there was a Tuck Shop in one of the buildings. I think it was before Nicole was taken.

I wish you would come back Ms Poster and repost your message again.

I believe I was the poster (I am a guy btw).  It was 1980-1982, I was attending Wellsworth Junior School.  That day, a police officer visited the class (I think I was in Grade 1 at the time, so I believe the year was 1982, but not 100% positive on this).  The police officer taught us not to talk to strangers.  After school, I went home by myself (which sounds crazy now these days).  At the end of the sidewalk leading up to the West Mall apartment buildings, I was approached by a man, Caucasian, mid-20s to 50s (my guess at the time was 30s), brown hair.  He pointed to the tuck shop which was located in between the buildings and offered me to buy candy.  Remembering the lesson taught earlier in the day, I thought it was a test of what I had learned.  I said no, and ran to my building which was the other building beside the one Nicole lived in.  I never encountered that man again.

Does anybody know how long Nicole lived at the building?  Because I think I have a picture of Nicole in my old classroom photo.  In the same photo is a girl named Jennifer, though I don't know if it's the same Jennifer, because she's Chinese.  She ended up going to the same high school as me 10 years later, but I never had the courage to ask her if she was the same Jennifer that knew Nicole.

Can anyone tell me how common it is for a grown man to offer a child candy?  If this is the same man, maybe length of tenancy at the apartment buildings is also a clue.  Perhaps a unit with a single man living in it.  All it takes is for a trusting child to be lured with pleas for emergency help.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:01:39 PM by wellsworth »

wellsworth

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2012, 07:11:32 PM »
I lived on the West Mall as a young girl in the mid 80's. It was a cess pool for perverts and pedophiles! Im guessing because of all the high rise apartment complexes, these people knew their would be lots of kids out and about playing! I had 4 "situations" happen in that area between 1984 and 1988. My first run in I was 9 years old in '84.
I also lived in the condo complex that Nicole went missing from. One thing that has neglected to be mentioned is that the buildings had a 2 level underground parking that was accessible via the elevators.

Hi Dina,

I'm curious as to what "situations" you experienced?  What did the perpetrator look like?

I was so young then.. 5 years about.  My older sister was 9 and we lived 5 minutes away from the pool.  I remember my sister had gone to the same school as Nicole and were friends.. don't know why Nicole's story came to mind today but its very sad to this day.  I wish she'll one day be found alive and well.  There are still people out there that wonder and hope the best! xo

Was your sister's name Jennifer?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:36:05 PM by wellsworth »

SAP

« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
Can anyone tell me how common it is for a grown man to offer a child candy?

That ruse was apparently used alot, everywhere. I've heard many people recounting experiences from childhood and being offered candy especially by men.

wellsworth

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »

That ruse was apparently used alot, everywhere. I've heard many people recounting experiences from childhood and being offered candy especially by men.

Well I mean in a benevolent way.  I remember there used to be an elderly crossing guard that gave me candy, which I accepted, but that's the only case I can think of.

Maybe the man I met just won the lottery, and felt like buying some candy to the first lucky kid he saw on the street.  ???

SAP

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »
OK, understand now. Good decent people will give treats too and I remember getting such when I was a kid. If the man at those complexes didn't go any farther with enticing kids somewhere, he probably just was a person who really liked kids in a decent way ... perhaps someone who didn't have grandchildren or didn't have any near and his kids are all grown.

wellsworth

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2013, 09:10:42 AM »
Is this Nicole Morin? (5 years old)

To the left of her, is a girl named Jennifer - same friend that waited in the lobby for her?

One of the most perplexing missing persons cases in Canadian history is that of eight-year-old Nicole Morin. On Tuesday, July 30, 1985 Nicole, clad in a one-piece peach swimsuit and carrying a blanket and beach towel, left her penthouse apartment in Toronto's Etobicoke area...and vanished. She never reached the apartment's lobby where a friend named Jennifer was waiting for her. In nearly three decades there has been no trace of Nicole--who was likely abducted moments after leaving the apartment. At 10:30 a.m. Nicole had gone to the lobby of the apartment building to collect the mail. She returned to her 20th-floor apartment and got ready to go swimming with a playmate in the building's supervised outdoor pool. Before leaving the apartment, Nicole spoke to Jennifer via the building's intercom and promised to be right down. At about 11 a.m. Nicole said goodbye to her mother Jeanette, who was busy running a small daycare service she operated from her apartment. Nicole went out the door--and was never seen again. Jennifer waited about 15 minutes before buzzing the apartment again to find out why Nicole hadn't arrived at the lobby.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:48:54 AM by wellsworth »

wellsworth

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
OK, understand now. Good decent people will give treats too and I remember getting such when I was a kid. If the man at those complexes didn't go any farther with enticing kids somewhere, he probably just was a person who really liked kids in a decent way ... perhaps someone who didn't have grandchildren or didn't have any near and his kids are all grown.

Well that man tried to entice me to go to the convenience store with him, which was underground, in the middle of the complexes.

http://goo.gl/maps/lgbhA

To the left side was where he was standing.  Far to the right was the general area of the convenience store.

I wonder if the police have tried to do a search of all tenants that were white, male, middle aged, single, unemployed or strange working hours and lived there from at least 1982 to 1985.

I realize this is all circumstantial, but after almost 30 years, I don't think we'll ever have much to go on, aside from the killer revealing himself on his own accord.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:50:20 AM by wellsworth »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »
Where did that photo that you think is Nicole come from?

forest

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 08, 2013, 08:12:07 PM »
This looks like a school class picture. She sure does look like Nicole. Does anyone know for sure??

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2013, 10:36:42 PM »
In the past, I heard of all kinds of speculation about how Nicole might have left the building. But what really bothers me is that if she was taken from the elevator (and I think there was a shoe found?) then the suspect lived in the building and it was just a case of not being able to figure out who it was. A total lockdown of the building would occur in this day and age I hope until something gave.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »
It's possible the evil abuctor overheard Nicole talking on the intercom to her friend in the lobby about meeting to go swimming. If I have that right, she went down and got the mail then called her friend on the intercom to arrange to meet. Then she went back upstairs and perhaps got changed, delivered the mail and came back down, never to be seen again. Again, if she was under observation, the abuctor wouldn't have needed to follow her, her could have just looked to see what floor lit up on the console after she got on the elevator and took it upstairs. He then could have stationed himself on the elevator and rode it up and down until she got back on it a second time. There was a risk taken though. A risk that someone would come along and see him grabbing and/or drugging a child. That is why I think he only took her as far as out of the elevator and to a nearby apartment.