Author Topic: Nicole Morin: Missing (Toronto, 1985)  (Read 147576 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Nicole Morin: Missing (Toronto, 1985)
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
I too, was troubled with his use of the "steak" word.  So as to not appear stupid about such use of a word, I think I told myself this meant "someone who was a target" as in "steak out" or "watch".

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
cross:
I found another blog where the same posters are posting again.
I started to read the blog and then all of a sudden the posts looked written in Chinese and then the "mystery words" steak.. etc started to show up.
Something weird going on. It seems the blogs they post on keep getting shut down?

**link removed
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:28:51 PM by debbiec »

amIam

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2011, 01:51:13 PM »
These reports seem very much as the ones on Steven Truscott and what's his names unfounded nonsense.

cross

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2011, 10:23:22 AM »
I wonder if there's any way to report a website to the police. I mean, obviously there MUST be a way, but I guess what I really mean is how seriously would anyone take it, and would anyone bother looking into it?

I just find it very unsettling that someone who is clearly so interested in the investigation of this and other cases related to rape/abduction/pedophilia/murder appears to be hiding something and being very careful not to be caught publishing words related to these crimes... again, on a discussion board that is specifically intended to discuss such things.

I had never heard of xxxxxxx, so thanks for sharing that. This is exactly the kind of person I imagine is running that discussion board... someone who has a seriously suspicious personal interest in homicide cases related to children. Gives me the wiggins.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:30:02 PM by debbiec »

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2011, 06:43:06 PM »
Deeds we are just curious about the word substitution issue. Can you explain about that for us if you will and why it is showing up on several sites.

It does seem very odd IMO and we are curious about it. Not pointing any fingers but curious why it is happening.

Thanks.

Trouble445

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:33 AM »
Thanks Deeds for explanation but I still find it odd. ???

cross

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »
No need to get so defensive, Deeds. The only reason anyone even mentioned your name regarding the issue was that it was noticed by someone that you were the only common member at both discussion boards (or at least the only one using the same username in both). No one accused you of anything... or suggested you were behind something sinister... people just wanted to see if you or anyone else following the thread had any answers or thoughts.

Which is, you know, kind of the point of these types of forums. To discuss.

I really don't appreciate the hostility, nor the passive-agressive quotation of a word I used in my previous post. Just a friendly reminder that I had actually pointed out before that I didn't think that you were the one who originally inserted those words manually, but rather you had innocently copied and pasted something you found elsewhere, as a few others did.

And if anyone was wondering, "the wiggins" is basically like saying "the heebie jeebies" or "the creeps". And no, I don't get them a lot, but I tend to feel a little unsettled when I'm looking at materials related to missing persons and murder cases. Pardon my perfectly normal human reaction.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:01:49 AM by cross »

cross

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
Also, I realize that it may not be directly related to the Nicole Morin case, so I apologize for polluting this particular thread with it. The only reason I even posted it here to begin with was because this thread seemed to have a lot of copy-and-pastes from that page, by several users and not just Deeds. That's all.

Coral

« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2011, 03:29:26 PM »
To the person who took Nicole
Some people say that the person who took Nicole, may visit sites like this, for whatever reason.  If this is true, and you do come here, please give her back to her family.  There is nohing worse than not knowing.  If you killed her, and buried her somewhere, please, let the police know where she is. Send an annonymous note or email from a public library. Let her father give her a proper burial.  There`s probably no incriminating evidence left by now.  Just give her back.

cross

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »
not

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2011, 08:36:49 PM »
Kitty cat you are absolutly correct.  I lived in that area when she went missing.  Not such a great area.  At the time my oldest was 9 or10 and I certainly didn't let her go out alone even before this girl went missing.  My daughter had a friend on the fourth floor of our building and she wasn't allowed to use the stair wells at all.  We had cameras in our building so I could watch her go down the hall into the elevator , and while in the elevator right to her friends door, which I always did.  If there were people I didn't know at the elevator she was called back just to be safe .  The area is even worse now.  Not to say it was one of the worst areas but certainly not a mucky muck snobby area as a poster posted on here.  It was expensive but not mucky muck and a fair amount of crime around as it is a large city.

amIam

« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2011, 02:20:13 PM »
Just popping in here to say I've skimmed most of this thread, and I have read the FB group as well.
I have special interest in this case because I was the same age as Nicole when this happened and lived in the area.

I've noticed a few comments here stating the area was "upscale" this was not the case at all.
I've also seen the building she vanished from called something other than it's real name.
Nicole lived in the "Buckingham" that was the name of her building at the time.

I lived down the street just south of Renforth in the Grange.. walking distance, and attended school down the street.

This area was not great in 1985, it had been lovely in the 60's & 70's but by the mid 80's it was getting rough.
There were multiple housing projects on the West mall south of Renforth between my building and hers, and across the bridge over to the East mall was even worse, it was mostly Government housing over there, townhouses, the high rises on Capri.. etc etc.

I do question Nicole being allowed to walk around her building alone, because being the same age as her and in the same area I was forbidden to.
I really don't have a clue how she went missing.. it's bizarre and scary but the area I am sure held some of the clues, I personally feel it was someone who was local who knew her habits.
I have and do wonder about the mother as well to be honest.
As a mother myself, I would never wait 6 hours to find out where my child is.. even back in 1985 my mother had constant eyes on us!!!
There was A LOT of gossip in the area back in the day she went missing, a lot of parents felt similarly.

Toronto Police probably dropped the ball.

You sound quite familiar with the area and yes, the building where Nicole lived was called the "Buckingham" at the time.  The area was at one time quite upscale however a few years prior to Nicole's disappearance the area changed for the worst.  I doubt very much a resident of one of the Capri buildings or for that matter the townhouse area east of the East Mall just north of Renforth were involved. That particular townhouse was known locally as "Yucca Flats" ..I was never aware of the true name.

As for Mrs. Morin being negligent or perhaps involved:  Jeanette Morin, in order to make ends meet, baby-sat a number of smaller children.  (Nicole was quite the mature little gal and had numerous friends in the building and in neighbouring residential homes.)

Being a mother myself as well, I can't imagine the anguish Jeanette Morin must have felt over the years with the feelings of 'what if'..the woman has been deceased for a number of years and cleared, years ago while still living by LE of any wrong doing or involvement in Nicole's disappearance.

Gossip at the time was just that; gossip, to make reference Jeanette playing a part..IMO is just a witch hunt and very unfair.

GrailKnight7.5

« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »
I personally do believe the Worldwide Church of God is a clue (Rose McGowan was in the Children of God). Bobby Fischer was in the WCG although his disappearance occurred after he denounced the church for sex scandals and false prophesy in 1972. (Wiki)

WCG and CG, both came out of the west coast and have many similarities, although CG was more hippie. Police would only have investigated the Church for member's with criminal records, not for suspicions related to their being a new and unusual sect.

GrailKnight7.5

« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2011, 11:59:41 AM »
Facts remain... her friend buzzed up and had not seen her come down, right there HUGE alarm bells. I would have had kids in tow and been off to look for my daughter.
The scenario of what happened that day has now come under question since it had come to light that the friend lived in the building (page 9). Everyone thought she lived in another building and arrived at the front door. That's what the media and the police led everyone to believe--that she came from another building.

In that scenario, they would HAVE to say she buzzed in and talked to Nicole and/or her mother, even if she didn't. We assume they were trying to protect the friend's identity. It also makes everything, they said happened, suspect.

The only person who likely told the truest version, was Max Haines and he doesn't mention talk on the intercom and he says she made it to the lobby (p. 11 and Max Haines, Collected Works) although he does narrate and appear on the youtube video re-enactment that shows it the way they always do.

remembered

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2011, 07:43:57 PM »
I was so young then.. 5 years about.  My older sister was 9 and we lived 5 minutes away from the pool.  I remember my sister had gone to the same school as Nicole and were friends.. don't know why Nicole's story came to mind today but its very sad to this day.  I wish she'll one day be found alive and well.  There are still people out there that wonder and hope the best! xo