Author Topic: Nicole Morin: Missing (Toronto, 1985)  (Read 152493 times)

mauvelilac

Re: Nicole Morin: Missing (Toronto, 1985)
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2008, 12:33:26 PM »
Yes Kayley and if the friend watched the elevator, come down go back up and then come down again empty, there's a good bet she never left the top two floors unless of course the kidnapper used the stairs and slipped out the back way. The police weren't as thorough as they could have been and I think it was probably because they suspected Art or Louise. Even suspecting them though, they should have investigated other possibilities such as a  possible link to the kidnap/murder of nine year old Christine Jessop.

Kayley

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »
I'm not entitled to say anything,but they had a lead about 4-5 years ago, they even put Nicole back in the papers. In the interrogation they messed up (for lack of better explanation)and he is the same man suspected of killing Christine Jessop!

mauvelilac

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2008, 01:15:37 PM »
Read back in the thread. I always suspected that and way back when Nicole went missing before the Redrum book came out on Christine I told Art the two were connected. I even wrote the police department about the vehicle, license plate, where he worked. It always made me sad that I couldn't get them to listen.
The suspect's name wouldn't be Jeff by any chance would it?

Kayley

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
no. All i can say is his mother lived in the same building at the time and he was there and this was not his first nor his last.

mauvelilac

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:48 PM »
That's ok, there's still a Jeff involved. Could be a friend, he had to have help with Nicole to smuggle her out of the building. That place was crawling with police in the days after she went missing or so I read in the papers.  Maybe not so much with Christine as she wasn't in a penthouse apartment.
Funny, I went to write Jeff and just noticed I had written Jess.
I knew it wasn't his first. I don't even think Christine was either. That's what bothers me with missing children, you lose valuable time in screw ups. To me, it's always better to have the answer than to spend decades wondering so get it right the first time. Look at the time and money wasted on Guy Paul Morin all because he wouldn't help search and thought he needed to be invited to her funeral.
I've often had another thought, not a pleasant one but I wonder if they were able to examine the elevator shaft carefully. Although I know from what I saw she isn't in there.
At least Louise knows what happened now that's she's passed. I often thought of her and how she must have ached for her missing child.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2008, 10:12:37 PM »
Well the way I feel about this case is that within the first hour or two that she went missing, this floor should have been taken over by every available police officer. I am willing to bet she was abducted and taken into an apartment and later at some point removed from there. That is when a list of everyone who lived on that floor should have been provided. But she could have got on the elevator and the person took her right down to another floor. So much to wonder what happened to Nicole. A long time past and no answers.

mauvelilac

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2009, 10:16:41 AM »
I think it would have been too late by that time Cape. She wasn't discovered missing till later in the afternoon if I remember right. Whoever took her could have been long gone by that point. What should have been done however is a more aggressive investigation of the occupants of that building. I agree they could have got off on another floor but they didn't go out the front door if there was video surveillance.

Spartacus

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
The World Wide Church of God, which Art and I have in common, has a Vesica Pisces logo. It's a very Davinci Codish symbol which this case shares with the most famous abduction of the 20th Century--the Kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby in 1932. The ransom notes from that kidnapping was signed with a Vesica Pisces.

mauvelilac

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »
This piece of information while interesting  is supposed to tell us what? That Nicole was destined to be kidnapped? She left a note saying she was going to be kidnapped that was virtually ignored by the police. I'm not sure what significance this logo is supposed to represent but I still maintain and always will. Nicole wasn't taken by a church member. I doubt this man ever saw the inside of a church even as a child because if he had of he would never have grabbed her.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »
Well, to heck with the da Vincie code or whatever, or the pices sign, it all comes up as hocus pocus at this time. Not enough was done immediately when it was found out the child went missing. A detailed list of everyone who lived in that building should have been acquired within an hour and I am sure it could have been done. As soon as they had the list of everyone who lived there, then they could narrow it down and bingo, I bet 100% that they would have the killer within the first 48 hours if not less. Why is so much time taken in these cases when it is just common sense that should prevail and the obvious be done. Yet there is a lot of yinging and yanging and back and forth, when there should be some kind of a listed format when someone goes missing from a building. If they were not seen outside of the building, then there is a great assumption that they never did get out of that building on their own free will. EVERY APT COMPLEX SHOULD BE SEARCHED RIGHT TO THE CLOSETS, UNDER THE BED AND ALL. Remember little Jessie in the states who was murdered right behind her grandma's house. They went into that home and Jessie was being hidden in the closet, he was a sex offender and they did not even search that home. The family knew he had that little girl there, they had to. That is a haunting case if ever there was one. Things have to be done immediately when finding the child is gone missing and in this case it was obvious she did not leave of her own free will. Those are my comments. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »
I agree mauve; when a child disappears, there should be no such thing as warrants etc.  ...just knock go through every door where she could possibly be/have been, and go from basement to attic - every house around with every blood hound available.  Authorities wouldn't think twice if it was a policeman's or politicians child .... or an important Diplomat.  Who or what garners any more immediacy than a missing child?  I don't care if they are missing minutes, hours, days or weeks;  a child in the most "vulnerable of vulnerable" - instantly the whole population should shift into rescue mode the minute a child is unaccounted for....the concept is very simple .... just pretend it's the Prime Mininster.

On second thought, I wouldn't waste 5 minutes looking for the Prime Minister if he was missing a decade.

Spartacus

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »
Art's great neice, Kristin Morin believes his church theory holds the key to the crime. You can read her comments on her facebook group. A friend and fellow church member at the time joined the group and is interested in the theory but doesn't think they would have acted without Art's consent.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2299651105
So far, this site has the most up to date and comprehensive information on Nicole's disappearance but one has to keep trolling the other pages to find anything new. I hope my contribution helps keep this updated. The logo of Art's church should have more direct relevance than Guy Paul Morin. Unless you're talking about someone who knew Nicole Morin reading about Guy Paul Morin in the newspaper and getting ideas about getting in the news.

mauvelilac

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »
Art's great neice, Kristin Morin believes his church theory holds the key to the crime. You can read her comments on her facebook group. A friend and fellow church member at the time joined the group and is interested in the theory but doesn't think they would have acted without Art's consent.

Spartacus had you explained this when you posted the logo we would have had a better idea of which direction you were going in. I belong to the facebook group of Nicoles but that doesn't mean I buy into the church theory of her kidnapping. Not everyone has seen this group or belongs to it. You threw it (the logo) out without any explanation as to what or how it might be helpful.

I hope my contribution helps keep this updated.
Everyone's contribution on the site is  welcome and helpful in some way.

The mystery of Nicole's disappearance starts in the fact that why would an eight year old leave a message that she was going to be kidnapped? Obviously, someone untrustworthy had gained her trust. Was it a church person? I don't believe it to be. But just say for the sake of those who do believe it to be so, who had a bone to pick with the Morins? Whoever took this child didn't do so because they wanted a child to love and cherish and I know this for a fact because of information given to me recently.
If you want, look to your church. See who among you is capable of this malicious act because that's what it was, a malicious act. To take an only child from her parents and make them wonder for years, chase across the country on false information in an effort to locate her only to have their hopes dashed is cruel and malicious. You're welcome to your church, if it was indeed a church member. I wouldn't want any part of it.

Foamhead

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2009, 02:30:28 AM »
I remember this case back in 85, even all the way in Moncton and for some reason it has always stuck with me. What strikes me about this case is that people seem to like speculating all these scenarios and overlook the simple and likely truth of the matter. Nicole was walking in the hall of her building in a bathing suit and someone in the building snatched her, abused her and likely murdered her. Get a tenants list from her building and one of those people is her killer. I would bet any money that her body is still in the area as well since she was both taken and killed on a whim and the murderer wanted to get rid of her remains asap. Were I the police at that time I would have gone over every single person in her apartment with a fine tooth comb and grilled the ones who were not present during the search.

peripeteia

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2009, 04:42:59 AM »
Sadly I remember Nicole gone missing very well, I found the interview with the parents at the time a tad distrubing, in that I found the Father's statements iffy, however he has passed a polygraph, but somehow I thought he knew something.  Pardon me for my thought, it is what it is, I cannot help these, they just come.  I am not ashamed to say that I found the Father's behavior odd.  In fact I turned off the sound and watched his body language.  I am not saying he is involved at all, only that he had information that he was not revealing.  Perhaps the murder of his sister made him suspect his brother in law, now deceased, but there was something not right in this demenour.  That said, it is a terrible thing he and his wife have endured, their child missing.

Examining the list of occupants and their relatives would have been the best bet, and the woman in the lobby, also, I felt that Nicole could have been nabbed in the elevator, and taken to the basement parking and out the building without ever going to the front lobby, thus it could have been a visitor to the building, delivery, moving, etc.

I was very surprized when the suspect was arrested, I did not think he was guilty, and 10,000,000 dollars later the government paid for their mess-up says this is so. 

It is remarkable that Nicole stated that he was going to be kidnapped, this is very odd indeed.  There must be some basis to this declaration, surely such a small child does not come up with anything so fantastic.  Had someone approached her before and scared the bejesus out of her, and when she told adults it was poo-pooed.  Was the child watching too much TV and saw a child abduction case; and interesting she says kidnapped, and not murdered.  Something happened to imprint that thought in her mind, I do not believe children drag things out of thin air to feed their imagainations.  Granted children have wild thoughts, but usually there is some basis in reality.  It might be noteworthy the date of the letter Nicole wrote.  Perhaps someone said to Nicole, would you like to come and live with me, something to that affect, or she saw something on the news that gave her the ideation of kidnapping.

Sorry if my thoughts are offensive.