Author Topic: Kimberley Gallup - Novmber 21, 1990 - Age 17 - Murdered - Victoria  (Read 14345 times)

Desespere

Kimberley Gallup
COD: Strangled
DOB: October 31, 1973
Date found: November 21, 1990
Location found: Victoria, BC
Date last seen: November 21, 1990
Location last seen: Victoria, BC
STW

Kimberley Gallup - Novmber 21, 1990 - Age 17 - Murdered - STW - Kimberley Gallup, 18, of Victoria, BC, was working as a prostitute and was picked up by a man wearing a pink and green ski jacket. She was found at 4 a.m. Nov.21/90 in a room at the Colony Motor Inn, strangled. Police believe the killer lives in the Lower Mainland and may be connected to the deaths of three other prostitutes.
http://www.missingpeople.net/listofmurderedwomen.htm

Edited to include DOB

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:46:25 PM by debbiec »

kindheart

Re: Kimberley Gallup ? Novmber 21, 1990 ? Age 17 ? Murdered - Victoria
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »
Police believe the killer lives in the Lower Mainland and may be connected to the deaths of three other prostitutes.

Well, the Pickton farm evidence is far from over. More cases will be added from Victoria since Nancy Greek went missing after Kimberly.

kindheart

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 02:59:23 PM »
Also, what type of man wears a pink and green ski jacket?

All i can think of is it was the early 1990's and colours for men were big. He also may have "borrowed it" from someone, maybe a girlfriend or removed it from another past victim? He maybe he likes to be more feminine once and a while?? I do recall mens fashions were rather more unisex at that time. I like the "he took it from someone else" theory better though. Maybe he is a closet case cross dresser?

WhisperOfHope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »
Think about the time people, that wasn't very girly in the 90's. I do not believe this is connected to the Pickton brothers. She was taken and murdered here, not much of it fits with their M.O. I have been researching this case, as well as many others.
These are real murder cases, I think people are almost poking fun at it when you say things like " I wonder what type of pants and shoes he was wearing" and " what kind of man wears that anyways". Can you believe if her family members saw this post. I am ashamed of how people can become that distant from the murder itself and talk that way.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:09:46 PM »
Whisper - I very much doubt that Despere was being at all flippant when she questioned the rest of the POI wardrobe.  What she is getting at is was the jacket in character with the rest of his get-up?

Your opinions are respected, but not necessarily agreed with.  That is true of all posters on this board.  But I must say, if you stick around and really look at the investment that Despere puts into her research, you will understand why I say that she is the last person that would ever disrespect a victim or their family.

Please keep perusing the board and keep sharing your opinions.  While I am disagreeing with you on this one, I believe your comment is a good eye opener to us all to really consider how our posts might be viewed by a newcomer and especially the victim's family.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »
Whisper - I meant that all posters on the board will have times where they disagree with other posters, but the goal is to respect each other.  Not sure if my wording was misleading

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »
No one means any harm, and no way Des was being disrespecful. Sorry it was seen that way.

Barefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 02:20:52 PM »
Kim Gallup was a friend of mine, I'm just glad that there are people out there thinking about her...

kimmy4everinmyheart

• View Profile
Re: Kimberley Gallup - Novmber 21, 1990 - Age 17 - Murdered - Victoria
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »
Kimberly Gallup was my best friend , I was with her the night she died and also was one of the people who had the misfortune of finding her.I am curious to know who barefoot is and how you knew her.I miss kimmy everyday that goes bye and there is nothing more I want then to have her killer brought to justice!! the description of the jacket is exactly how it is and the pants and shoes he was wearing were runners and jeans.myself and another girl last saw kimmy getting into a cab with the man on government st and view after speaking with him briefly.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
for what it's worth....back in the late 80's early 90's..... pink, purple, lime green, bright yellow/combinations were big at the ski resorts.  They were super bright, super light and super warm.... guys and gals often had matching sets.
Maybe this guy was a skier or had a family member that skied.
--or, this may have been a jacket he was given on the street or at a shelter.
Here's an example of what ski guys wore back then:

http://www.zippitydodog.com/column/21

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:35:07 PM by lostlinganer »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 11:07:23 PM »
Hello,

I am very sorry about your friend. It is too bad this in not solved yet. I think the police must have a POI obviously.

Barefoot has not posted in a long time, but maybe try sending a PM to see if they respond.

sherrimurdoch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 10:07:29 AM »
Does anyone know if this horrible murder was ever solved? The last time I talked to her we had a conversation trying to ger her to return home and off the streets.  I went to school with Kim and still think about her to this day.

SAP

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »
I'm sorry about your friend. I couldn't find anything on info that the case has been solved.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 10:47:44 PM »
I too am very sorry about your friend.

It does not apepar to be solved yet, it was not closed as of 3 years ago so I assume it is still open. I do hope time has not run out and the person can still be caught and convicted.

Barefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 10:43:25 AM »
I am also wondering about the progress if any that has come in the last 20 years. Wow, has it really been that long...Cold case? I am curious to know if you knew of anyone she was seeing-aside from work? I lived with kimmy (as runaways) just before she went onto the streets of Vic. I want to know if DNA was taken, and if she could possibly of known her KILLER.