Author Topic: Kimberley Gallup - Novmber 21, 1990 - Age 17 - Murdered - Victoria  (Read 13183 times)

SAP

Re: Kimberley Gallup - Novmber 21, 1990 - Age 17 - Murdered - Victoria
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 11:48:06 AM »
Partial snippet quote from Des, page 1:

(quote)
My "feeling" on the jacket is the jacket was not his regular jacket, unless many men wore a pink and green jacket in Victoria that year, why was this jacket so hard to find? What if no one else wore a jacket like that in Victoria in 1990. I was around in the 1980s and I can tell you the pink and green, pink and purple, pink and yellow jackets were not seen on a lot of men, women yes, but certainly not men, unless they were very up with fashion, confident in their ability to wear pink or so poor they couldn't get anything else.(unquote)

IMO, either he planned to do this murder and got this jacket at a thrift shop quickly and got rid of it after; or he was possibly a homeless person and had no other choice but to wear the jacket. If no one recognized or saw the jacket afterwards on anyone on the streets, chances are, as Des said, it wasn't his regular jacket.
Why would anyone want to kill Kimberly? Was he a serial killer and just chose Kimberly? At any rate it doesn't sound random, imo.

Barefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 01:27:50 PM »
Farwest jackets ? She was found in a hotel room at the colony...was it paved in 1990?

Barefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
I am also curious to know if there were any similar cases in kamloops at this time, or soon after?

thinkofyoueveryday

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »
hi there, just a quick mention to the moderator. Kimmy's birthday was October 31 1973. I noticed that her DOB was not complete :)  Her murder is a cold case that is revisited by investigators every few years but fails to come up with any new leads. I was the last person to see her alive before she left with someone in a cab that night and my sister was the first person on scene to find her in their shared hotel room, DNA was taken from her as well as various items in the room. I'm still hopeful that DNA databases will finally reveal the identity of her murderer after all these years!!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »
Thanks for the message. The date has been changed. I am sorry about your friend, and I do hope over time, that DNA catches the person who did this.

kimmy4everinmyheart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »
The man did not seem uncomfortable in the Jacket, he wore it as if he had worn everyday of his life, he seemed not to be a man without confidence but unsure of himself and nervous about approaching women in the lifestyle... he clearly knew who he wanted to speak too as there were 3 of us , I spoke to him he asked to speak to my "friend" .......I play the scene out from beginning to the very end in my head constantly and although so many yrs have blurred some of it and pieces may not come till after I have started recalling the events which led to my best friend bein taken from us forever, I still have so many "why's " and "what if's"

I need her Killer whether it be this stranger she drove off with in a taxi or someone else to be found and brought to Justice , I will not be able to find peace with her loss untill then!

I love you Kimberly Dawn Gallop forever in my heart , I miss you </3

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
hmmh - can you explain further about this man who was confident and women in the lifestyle?? Not sure what to make of this exactly. Maybe a better description of this suspect would help. And did police ever pick him up for questioning?

kimmy4everinmyheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 08:21:48 PM »
hmmh - can you explain further about this man who was confident and women in the lifestyle?? Not sure what to make of this exactly. Maybe a better description of this suspect would help. And did police ever pick him up for questioning?

kimmy4everinmyheart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »
 I don't share alot about that night as it causes distress for me and with so many yrs that have passed and somethings have faded , the time between when i was told something might be wrong with her and seeing her body in our room is etched very clearly in my mind i am haunted with nightmares repeating that night to this very day. The vicpd contacted me some yrs ago to to inform me that they were still looking into her case and if i could remember anything from that night. It is unsolved and no new evidence has come to light.