Author Topic: April DOBSON - Murder (October 14th, 2005)  (Read 29497 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
April DOBSON - Murder (October 14th, 2005)
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:29:04 PM »
On 14 October 2005, at 00:20hrs Barrie Police Service uniform officers responded to the area of 300 Browning Trail regarding numerous persons reporting they heard gunshots and a woman screaming.
Barrie Police officers arriving on the scene observed several people performing CPR on the victim who was on the front porch of 300 Browning Trail. Barrie Police Officers? continued with CPR efforts until paramedics arrived. Despite attempts by emergency crews to revive the victim, she succumbed to her injuries at the scene. The victim was later identified as, April Lynn DOBSON, age 40.
On the afternoon of Thursday 13 October 2005 April DOBSON was working a shift as a delivery driver for the Swiss Chalet located off Molson Park Drive in Barrie.
April Dobson offered to assist in fixing a co-workers car. After getting off work, April drove to a co-workers house located at 300 Browning Trail. April had never been at the residence before. She worked on the red coloured car that was parked on the street in front of the residence. The two women worked on the car late into the evening with a flashlight and finally got the car started at approximately 11.30pm.
Shortly afterwards April Dobson, the female co-worker and female roommate sat down on the porch outside the house and had a late dinner. They talked while having a glass of wine. April was seated with her back to the street.

Just after midnight witnesses report hearing a single gunshot. A closer examination of April Dobson determined she had suffered a single gunshot wound to the head. Seconds later, a male was observed running east, from 300 Browning Trail. He ran a short distance eastward down the Street looking over his shoulder. He stopped in the driveway of a nearby residence. He then picked up a bicycle, turned it around and got on it. He rode the bike eastward along the sidewalk, turning right at the nearby catwalk. He was last seen riding the bike southward through the catwalk from Browning Trail to Bronte Crescent.
The male person of interest is described as being, white, clean cut, youthful 16-20 years old, thin, lanky build wearing a beige sandy coloured cargo pants and light coloured long sleeve sweatshirt. The bike is described as being a mountain bike, possibly brown in colour, wide tires, and straight handlebars with no accessories.
The Barrie Police Service-Criminal Investigations Unit continues to utilize its resources to actively investigate this homicide.
Police are still attempting to identify the youthful looking person of interest that was observed leaving the area on a bicycle. It is believed that the person of interest may live in the area.
The Criminal Investigations Unit would like to thank the members of the public that have assisted in this investigation to date. However the Public?s assistance is still required to assist in solving this homicide.
The public can contact the Barrie Police Service Major Crime Unit at (705) 725-7025 ext. 2160 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/~policeba/?q=node/161

wemissapril

• View Profile
Re: April DOBSON - Murder (October 14th, 2005)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »
This is such an unforgatable, unacceptable Tragedy....

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »
wemissapril, You said that "there are at least ten people out there in the Letitia Heights area  and Barrie that knows what happened that night". Maybe if you have heard so much about what happened that night you should be talking to the RCMP. You can always leave an anonymous tip with crime stoppers. You seem to know the area and are in circles where people are talking about this crime. Judging by the tone of your post I tend to think that maybe this hits close to home for some reason.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 02:31:03 AM »
This is a very horrible crime! I am sure the day will come when he gets busted.

I know what you mean about the 'don't snitch' attitude. It is troubling. If 10 people do know the killer, over time, someones consious will get to them and they will go tot police.

I sure hope so, this woman sounded like a very kind person. Makes you wonder why someone would shoot her?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 12:15:34 AM »
WEll, if it was for street cred, he would be busted by now. I think he\she would have told to many people.

I was thinking revenge, so it very well could have been the wrong person who got it.

It would not at all surprise me if the police have a strong suspect in mind, but not enough to say so.

I'd hate to think someone just choose to shoot someone in the head for fun. But it has happened.

wemissapril

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 06:26:28 PM »
thanks for the support and thanks to everyone keeping this website alive! everyday ithink about what happened to her i just cant get the thought out of my head and neither can april's mother. how does a person who was close to her like myself go on with life when there has been no justice and even if the person(s) gets arrested tomorrow he still has gotten away with the murder for almost 3 years. It sucks because names have already surfaced but when questioned by authorities they lie shamelessly. 

wemissapril

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »
reports indicate there have been over 1500 interviews contacted and still no arrests or suspects.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »
If they intervieewed that many people, it very well could mean it was random and the person is not speaking about it. AN old lover? A jilted person?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
What was the motive to kill April. Was there someone she was afraid of that she might not want to be around. There are crazy people in some cities that see you having a late evening on your doorstep and would do an act of violence, but the way I've been reading here is someone knows. Well someone has to come clean and if not the whole lot can end up being accessory to murder. These people should rethink if they know who did this, call crime stoppers and put an end to this. Let her family have peace and go to the graveside and say, we have solved your murder April, rest in peace. That is what should be done for this young woman. I will say a prayer for her family and friends that this is solved.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 12:15:35 AM »
but if that was him looking down from up above he would say get that ****who cold heartedly did that crime, regardless.

Yes, I would. BUt I still would want my loved ones to move on too. But fry the punk!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:54:51 AM by debbiec »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »
I think all of us in our lives will at some point face something that will seem insurmountable. I know I have. I came to the conclusion that as long as we don't let go of the hate and anger we will never get over it. I don't think that April would want to see anyone she loved being consumed by bitterness, but rather go on to live their life. In the end not only will April be his victim but so will you. I would never give the punk that much power.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 07:20:19 PM »
I think all of us in our lives will at some point face something that will seem insurmountable. I know I have. I came to the conclusion that as long as we don't let go of the hate and anger we will never get over it. I don't think that April would want to see anyone she loved being consumed by bitterness, but rather go on to live their life. In the end not only will April be his victim but so will you. I would never give the punk that much power.

Wow, good point and well said!

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 03:51:48 PM »
The police could know everything, but just don't have quite enough to move on it yet. I have had many conversations on this topic with my brother, who is an RCMP sargeant. He's told me how important it is to have everything perfect before proceeding with charges. Just one thing not done properly could lead to the whole thing being thrown out once it gets into court. It is something to be thankful for that they are continuing to work on this so hard. Eventually they will probably have everything in place and be able to proceed knowing with confidence that the T's are all crossed and the I's are all dotted.   

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 11:39:53 PM »
Good point. With the court system so out of balance these days, it is best to make sure everything is perfect before going to trial I agree. Judges do tend to side with the accused more often then not, so if the police are slow in this, I do not blame them.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 09:05:11 AM »
It's great that you feel confidence in the people working on this case. At least it doesn't add to the frustration that you already feel about it moving slowly. You're right though, it is a process and for those of us that really don't know what's going on inside the investigation it can feel like it is taking forever. Hopefully something will happen for you soon.