Author Topic: Cameron Gerald March | 4 | Missing Burlington, Ont. | Last seen May 7, 1975  (Read 23518 times)

me

• View Profile
viewed photo on linked provided by Woodland, can't really say that I think it is the same child.

Woodland

• View Profile
me - I agree it is difficult to know if this is the same child.  The smile is similar only.

alknon

• View Profile
If you contact the police agency at the web page I posted on my last thread they may be able to tell you. Let me know what happens, good luck

alknon

• View Profile
The worst problem with the Alcala photo postings is that the D.A. waited 30 years to show these to the public and they wonder why these case gone cold!!!!  ???

alknon

• View Profile
The man seen with the boy in the Alcala photo seems to resemble Larry Morris who also went missing not long before Cameron March did.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1422dmwy.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:01:43 AM by alknon »

itdoesntmatter

• View Profile
The worst problem with the Alcala photo postings is that the D.A. waited 30 years to show these to the public and they wonder why these case gone cold!!!!  ???

The worst part, to me, is that the perps of these crimes may very well be responsible for current crimes so they need to keep older cases alive and out in the public or on the internet.  I'm willing to bet that there are thousands of cold cases that aren't on the internet.

art-hu

• View Profile
It looks like the comparison of the two men are very similar, only remove the glasses and add some beard. Also it could be that the one pic. could be wearing a hair piece. I have no doubt Alcala has been in Ont. The boys look to me like the same boy. Good work.

itdoesntmatter

• View Profile
The boy looks like the same person to me as well.

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Cameron Gerald March | 4 | Missing Burlington, Ont. | Last seen May 7, 1975
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
Cameron Gerald MARCH - Missing
Occurrence No.:   1975-14472

Date Last Seen:   May 7, 1975   
Build:   Unknown
Place Last Seen:   Area of 5349 Blind Line Road, Burlington, ON   
Height:   92 cm (3.0 ft)
Age (At Time of Disappearance):   4 yrs.   
Weight:   19 kg (41.8 lbs)
Date of Birth:   March 31, 1971   
Eye Colour:   Blue
Hair Colour:   Blonde; Just below the ears;
Ethnicity:   Caucasian   Facial
Hair:   None
Complexion:   Unknown       
General Appearance:   Unknown
Marks / Scars / Tattoos:   Unknown
Dental:   Braces on lower left side of teeth; one top front tooth discoloured
Medical:   Unknown
Habits:   Unknown
Clothing:   White t-Shirt, w/green band around neck & monkeys climbing on front of shirt Rust brown corduroy pants. Navy blue socks. Brown desert boots
Additional Information: MARCH was last seen in a neighbour's yard adjacent to the home of his parents at about 3:00 pm. Extensive investigation and exhaustive land and air searches have been carried out; however, to date, this person has not been located.

If you have any information on this case, please call Regional Investigative Services at 905-825-4747 ext. 8760 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.hrps.on.ca/CrimeFiles/Lists/MissingPersons/DispForm.aspx?ID=5

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »
This is a duplicate of a thread under Burlington.  Can we merge the two?

BCID

http://www.insidehalton.com/what's%20on/article/1217680--retired-crime-reporter-pens-book-about-missing-people

Tim Whitnell, BURLINGTON POST STAFF

Sep 30, 2011 - 5:44 PM

Retired crime reporter pens book about missing people

As for his next project, Millar said he is collaborating with a Toronto Sun newspaper reporter on a book about the police investigation end of the case involving infamous Canadian killer/sexual predator Col. Russell Williams.

Logical

• View Profile
I lived in the Kilbride area, in between Cameron's home and Marrianne's home, I did not live in the area when Marrianne went missing but did attend Kilbride school in 1972. I was visited by detectives when Cameron went missing ( I was 10 yrs old and went to school at Fairview PS on Brittania Road, my best friend lived on Blind Line, 5 houses away), this was not far up the street from Blind line.  I had seen a child that had monkey's on his t-shirt he was close to a forever running well (water - not deep, all locals would come and fill water for at home here) right beside the Kilbride general store. I had told another student who then passed on to other detectives.  Unfortunately it was not the same day in question and not the same child that I saw.

This case has haunted me ever since, dectetives visiting you is very scary for a child. We lived in the area for 13 years, and I remember that parents were concerned about us kids cutting through the woods and accross 8th line (in the Kilbride area) to go to the general store, they said it was a scarey street that children are known to go missing in the area and that the farmer will shoot you with a salt gun if he catches anyone on his property. When our parents would warn us again and again we got the feeling it was more than just Marrianne and Cameron that they were referring too, it was the way they said it made it feel like it was more than 2 children gone missing, they said it had been going on for years, (children disappearing)

It is all country/rural up in this area, a number of bodies have been found "discarded in the area" (between 1st side road and Britannia Road along Cedar Springs Road) Cameron and Marrianne lived with in 5KM of each other, on opposites sides of Brittannia Rd.

Blind Line is not a long road, it starts at Brittannia Road and ends at the next street Collings Road, it is maybe 1 KM long, grabbing a child and exiting this street is easy, houses are 1 acre apart for most of them, Collings Rd was used mainly for local traffic and dump trucks going to the quarry, Brittannia Rd was more travelled and many more homes closer together. Collings or Brittannia take you to either Cedar Springs Road, or Guelph Line, both are major streets and access to a speedy getaway.  Everyone sped on these roads, a speeding car leaving the area would not have been odd.

How I wish they could solve this case, I think of Cameron often.

dagc

• View Profile
So whatever happened to the poster that said the two boys look alike?, personally I see a resemblance

databrain

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
I first read about this guy James Cooper last year - see the article below, and a newer article from yesterday, saying he is being released in Brantford.  If he could do such horrible things to his own children, I can only imagine....

He lived in Waterdown - really close to Cameron March and Marianne Schuett.

All I'm saying is, I hope the police have looked into him as a possible suspect in these cases - where he lived.

There is also a case on here from AB - where a man named James Cooperhttp://www.thespec.com/news-story/2138203--pure-evil-james-alfred-cooper-was-the-country-s-worst-pedophile/

Pedophile released to Brantford halfway house
Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:51:44 EST AM
http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2013/12/06/pedophile-released-to-brantford-halfway-house
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:58:23 PM by databrain »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4897838-notorious-hamilton-pedophile-out-of-jail/

Looks like James Cooper has been released again. Note date of article is Oct 4, 2014.

I thought we had a thread just for him, but if we do,  I can't locate it -

Notorious Hamilton pedophile out of jail

Hamilton Spectator
By  Joanna Frketich 

Notorious pedophile James Cooper is living in Toronto after being released from prison again.

The 78-year-old Hamilton man who is considered one of the worst sex offenders in Canadian history has been on statutory release since Sept. 17.

He was sentenced to 30 years in 1993 for raping, torturing and beating six children aged 7 to 14. At the time, it was the harshest penalty ever handed down to a child molester in Canada but it was later reduced on appeal.

Cooper's been out on statutory release numerous times before and returned to prison. His last release to a Brantford halfway house in December 2013 was revoked in May because the Parole Board of Canada found he was "engaging in behaviour which strongly suggests a return to predatory behaviour potentially against women and children."

Despite past issues with his release, legislation makes it automatic for him to go back out into the community after serving two-thirds of his sentence. Although, Correctional Services Canada could have made a recommendation to the parole board that Cooper be detained until his warrant expiry date on Jan. 5, 2015.

Cooper's victims were notified he is out of jail again. One told The Spectator's columnist Susan Clairmont that Cooper is in Toronto and has had no contact with them. The victim was relieved Cooper was living further away from Hamilton than Brantford this time.

The board laid out conditions for his September release months in advance including: no contact with his victims; not being with children unless pre-approved by his parole supervisor and accompanied by a responsible adult; residing at a halfway house; reporting all intimate sexual and non-sexual relationships with females who have children; getting psychological counseling and taking medication as prescribed during psychiatric treatment.

jfrketich@thespec.com
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:42:09 PM by jellybean »