Author Topic: Marianne SCHUETT (10) - Missing (27 April 1967)  (Read 41969 times)

wedidnotforget

• View Profile
Re: Marianne SCHUETT (10) - Missing (27 April 1967)
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:48 AM »
Hello, I must ask if we realize there were two suspects over many years that both committed suicide? did they both do it or is there room to admit the one or ones responsible may still be around and real closure for this little girl and her family may be possible.could anyone knowing the names of  the suspects that killed themselves private message them to me. connecting the dots...

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »
Reading Noreen Greelys posts today and her picture reminded me of Marrianne? They are similar in appearance and so was the suspect descriptions, car could have been similar as well?

The thing that is so odd with Marrianne is that she lived directly beside the school. Yes the driveway to leave the school was very long, the school was set way back from the road. She made it to the end of the long school driveway and was taken before she could turn right and go approx 400 yards to her door.

So many kids would be walking out that driveway and parents would be pulling up, stopping along the road, school busses would be leaving or boarding in the parking lot far from the road.

If the perp is unknown to Marrianne, how do you get her to get in the car? She did not need a ride. And there had to be so many other people around?

Logical

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2014, 10:46:32 AM »
I posted this on Noreen Greely site, but wanted to show the similarity in the perp drawing and the murder victim Albert Peacock.

York, maybe look into Clarence Albert Peacock. His pic is a cut and paste of the perp drawing for Marrianne Schuett and I believe the suspect descriptions were similar in Noreen's abduction?

http://www.yrp.ca/coldcases8195.aspx

He went by Albert Peacock, found murdered, strangled 1991

Here is an article with MS suspect drawing

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/2942514-what-really-happened-to-marianne-schuett-/

On this link, the slide show on the right may or may not have the perp pic on display, click through to pic 4 I believe.

Eerie similarity in the pic, I apologize if he was another innocent murdered party but am curious to know more about him, only because as searching other info his pic popped up just after I saw the MS perp pic and could not get over the similarity?

Logical

MAGPIE

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »
I just came across Marianne Schuett's case on the Jane doe site, I can't believe the connection between this case and Noreen Anne Greenley's. Noreen I smy Husbands sister, she went missing Sept 14 1963.

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2014, 08:48:23 PM »
I apologize MAGPIE I did not intend to offend with suggesting they may be connected.

Logical

PE1964

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2015, 01:37:09 PM »
In and around 1963/1964 I was around 5, in Kindergarten at a public school in West Hamilton. It was either early fall of 63 or spring of 64, that I don't remember. I do recall I was not dressed heavily in a coat, and the sun made shadows on the side walk.  A little girl in my class and I were leaving the building and there was a long pathway down to the street where parents lined up with cars to pick children up. It was in this line up that a man sat waiting in a vehicle.  He called out through an open window "your Dad sent me to pick you up". The little girl went for the door handle, he leaned over to the passenger door, and I grabbed her arm. I remember saying something like "no,lets just walk" and I pulled her back. he shouted out again "you girls are going to be in trouble your Dad sent me to pick you up". My little friend didn't want trouble and would have gone over but I held her tight to me. "No thank you we want to walk" I shouted back. We headed down the sidewalk, and this car followed along with us for 3 or 4 blocks til there was a dead end in the road and just a little pathway to cross over a railway. We ran  to our homes, and I told my mother. She went to the school and looked around the area for a car that I mentioned.  I still remember this moment and what the vehicle looked like and recently reported that to crime stoppers. Our school made an announcement the next day about not talking to strangers, but all this happened before the Marianne Schuett tragedy and I was around 9 when that happened I doubt anyone added up the circumstances, but I never forgot that in all these years nor forgot Marianne Schuett's name. In this day and age the police would have been involved, there would have been more of an investigation.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »
PE1964, welcome to the site and thank you for taking the time to contribute to Marianne's thread. What an awful experience you and the other girl lived through. I'm so very glad you were able to properly guide your friend to safety. How very wise of you at 5 years old.

Are you able to describe in detail what the vehicle looked like (color, make, model, tires, etc) and the guy who yelled to you?  I wonder if schools keep the records on file. And, if they have police reports. It would make sense to go to area schools and look at past records, and then try to marry the information with information on record for vehicle registrations, perhaps perp records as well. Say, a perp that was caught years later that had a vehicle at that time that matched the description.

I wonder if police can go to those lengths to try to find suspects?

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
great advice C.

CAJ

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »
Marianne and her family attended the same church as I did when I was growing up in Burlington during the 60's and 70's. I recall my mother telling me of her abduction and I was full of questions and afraid. My mother tried the best she could to assure me and give me information only as a young child could comprehend, of just what happened to Marianne. As she and her family had attended the church, there was " buzz" going on about her abduction/disappearance through talk and the newspapers. I would have been around 5 at the time of Marianne's disappearance. Some years later, ( around 1972/73 ), my brother and I and another pair of pals from down the street were playing in the woods at the back of our public school ( Mohawk PS located on Spruce Ave.). Climbing trees, attempting to build a fort out of fallen trees and generally just hanging out on a Saturday in the small woods in back of the school. We had all ridden our bicycles there. I had noticed a man walking casually around the perimeter of these woods where we were playing and became conscious of his presence. To say the least, I did become concerned because it seemed odd that this adult man was in close proximity to us kids playing. We continued talking and playing and having a good time. At some point we were so involved in our activity that I had not noticed that this man had moved in closer to our location and when I did look... I was astonished to see that he was now only about 13 to 14 feet away from us behind some fairly tall standing trees. He was peering at us and I can still remember what he was wearing. Men's pants ( not jeans but pants dark in colour ), a red and white gingham or checked shirt. A light coloured jacket over that shirt, he had short cropped fair hair or very little hair and he wore glasses. He was white. I mentioned to one of my friends that there was a strange man watching us. They became alarmed but I told them not to draw any attention to us. I told them I was keeping an eye on this man but if anything felt very uneasy that we should all get on our bikes and hi tail it out of there. I was watching casually but the situation escalated into me seeing this man masturbating himself. I told my friend, " did you just see what he did?" They replied in a panic. " Yes I did... what are we gonna do?" I told them, " We're gonna get on our bikes and get the heck out of here as fast as we can!" I rounded up my brother and his friend and we all got on our bikes and sped home panting and scared. We drove the 5 minutes to my friends house, ran into their garage and stayed there to catch our breath and then decided we would be safer in the house in the basement and hid in the crawlspace for what seemed like an eternity ( but more likely was 2 hours ). We were afraid and spoke in whispers and soft tones. Afraid that this man would chase us home and find us and hurt us because of what we saw and knew about him. As children, we talked about it for a few days and then went on our lives and time marched on. The one thing I really do regret is that I never told an adult about what happened to us until very recently. I will never forget that man's appearance and what he did to violate our souls and minds and frankly our childhood innocence. The man we saw that day so many years ago bears a striking resemblance to the composite drawing of the man who is believed to have abducted Marianne Schuett. Over the years I have been reminded of the case of her and the possible linkage to the incident that my brother and I and our 2 friends experienced. It was brought back to my attention today because of a recent video I saw of a man in the US who had attempted to abduct a young boy while his young siblings chased him down and thwarted his attempt. They were brave and braver still for having told their parents what happened immediately. To this day, my parents who are still living in that same neighbourhood, do not know of the events that my brother and I and our friends went through. We were scared stiff. It was a different time and a different place and unfortunately a lot of things that went on were kept silent. There were no counselors, no advocacy groups no advertisements telling children that they should tell. I think I will never forget the initial sense of fear I had in learning what happened to Marianne Schuett nor of that awful day we went through and the similarities of her abductor and that strange man watching us over 40 years ago.     

2soccermom

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2015, 10:47:41 PM »
CAJ -- what a terrible experience for you and your friends at such a young age. I'm sorry you all had to go through that; what a relief you were able to get away, even if still haunted by the memory. I wonder if it might be worth speaking to each other -- you, your brother, and friends -- in case there might be some significant details one or some of you could recall? Was there a vehicle nearby? Were you close enough to tell if the man had any distinguishing physical characteristics (as LE usually ask), etc.? might it be worth contacting someone who worked on Marianne's case to see if you might have something useful to share, even if you don't yet know it could be useful? Just some thoughts. Again, I'm so sorry you had to endure that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:51:46 PM by 2soccermom »

CAJ

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2015, 07:42:39 AM »
It may be of worth to talk with my brother about this although I have never discussed it with him since that time. As for our friends from down the road, they moved back to Winnipeg Manitoba about a year after. I still remember the siblings' names and last name. Just wouldn't know if they are there, alive, and if they were, if they wanted to talk about it. So long ago. In our haste to escape on our bikes away as fast as our feet could peddle, I do remember a car in the school parking lot which we had to pass by. I believe it was dark but don't remember much else about it. We were just scared kids and wanted to get out of there fast. I don't know who I could contact from an authority standpoint. If anyone has details about that I would appreciate receiving same.  I contributed because I felt it to be cathartic for me and for anyone reading the information.  One never knows. What I do know is, the memory and thoughts of what my pals and I went through in those woods behind our school that day, will probably never leave me but wont haunt me forever. The unknown regarding the case of Marianne Schuett is however a mystery and because of that, has and remains to greatly bother me and from reading posts, others to this day. I am grateful to have discovered this forum.

2soccermom

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2015, 10:59:39 AM »
I guess you could try the following:

"Britton said anyone with information about Marianne or the case can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or visit www.haltoncrimestoppers.com" (from http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/2942514-what-really-happened-to-marianne-schuett-/)

-- and let the LE folks who have more experience with these things decide if it's worth pursuing?

I'm not sure, but it can't hurt, I don't think, to present the info.
thanks for sharing here. Again, so glad you, your brother, and friends that day made it away safe.