Author Topic: Marianne SCHUETT (10) - Missing (27 April 1967)  (Read 41837 times)

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Marianne SCHUETT (10) - Missing (27 April 1967)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »
What a terrible experience - I hope the pair that abducted you found themselves behind bars for this, and it's attrocious that you ran into them!

How about contacting LE and asking them if this couple was investigated for Marianne's disapearance?  I know they have a suspect in mind, now deceased, but we have all seen over the years what can go wrong with an investigation.  It seems that whoever took you was experienced, given their reason for returning you so quickly.

There are other missing children from Halton area.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
Wow I am glad you got away, that is jsut scary. Seems like they have done that before.

In 1967 police were probably not trained or even knew what to do in these cases. They probably did not even bother to think they could be related. Probably then, they just assumed it was domestic or soemthing like that.

Anyway, I am glad you are fine, I can understand why that might still haunt you today.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
Female in Halton, you were one lucky person to get away from those people. I would say that they have been involved in more evil deeds then when they abducted you. Why did the police never come back and ask you anything?? And this child Marianne, they certainly could be involved in her disappearance. I wonder were they ever checked out????

female in halton

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »
Thank-you anyone out there for taking an interest in Marianne Shuett because I sure do. I was about 7 years old at that time. My mother had dropped me off at Brownies so I was in my what looks now to be a very small little brown dress of a 5 year old it's so small. When I look at it I can't tell you how I feel. I was a little bit early and there was a candy store called Trainers about 2 minutes away. I went there. 25 cents went a long way! On the way back to Brownies I noticed a lady walking behind me as she caught up to me she talked to me. She told me I could have a comic book/magazine if I came with her, she said she knew my father. Everyone did anyway so it was believable.I got a real hard time talking about this...There was a man at the house, they gave me beer to drink. Wow I can't believe they friggen did this to a Brownie/little innocent girl. I remember the guy being worried that I was there(and he should have been). I told them that if I didn't get back by the time Brownies was over I would be in big trouble and so would she if I told my dad where I was. They gave me the magazine to take and made me promise not to tell. Well I did tell. My mother called the Milton police and they came to my house. The magazine was a dirty magazine/comic. I remember the police saying they were going over to the Brownie leader's to confirm I was not there. No police spoke to me. My mom was very mad and upset I remember. My dad was not home he was at work. I believe I showed my mother where I was after the police left. I think? Not to sure. My dad would have killed them if he knew.

female in halton

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 10:26:07 PM »
I ran out of space.....These two people were drunks. They are still together I saw them. Bonnie/Clyde. Back in those days if you were a drunk you would end up in Hamilton known for their parties/bars back in the day. A cut through Kilbride is how you would have got there too to get to Hwy#6. If you were a barfly you would have travelled to Acton as well and you would pass thru Speyside where they say the little girl's shoe was found. If you were creative enough you could easily get to Speyside from Kilbride through back roads which in those days were the bushes. These two losers from what I understand(cuz I did a little investigation of my own) lived in Hamilton all those years after. They are fairly old now with children/grandchildren of their own. Shame on these predators. I'd like to know what the hell they were doing in Milton. The second I saw them I knew who they were. Tigers never change their stripes!! The guy loooked at me in the eyes and he knew I could tell. She was buying something and carried it out over her shoulder like a damn 24 of beer, old lady like that? What does that tell you? I froze. I would have liked to take her down right there. I tried to forget it but I can't. I always believed whether it's true or not that it was these two perverts that abducted that little Marianne cuz they like little girls, always have. It caused me to search for any information on internet regarding her disappearance. Period. Any comments anyone?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 08:05:05 AM »
Female in Halton, you could always go down to the police station and talk to one of the older detectives. There could be detectives working on cold cases. You may just have a word with one of them and have a little chat about your feelings. Just ask him if those people were ever checked out and I am sure it would be in their file. There is no harm in doing that. I mean you were a victim of a very horrendous crime. And if some police officer is not adept at checking out anything even after all this time, he should not be acting as a police officer. I would give it a shot, I mean there is nothing wrong with jogging the detective's brain and just leave it at that. You will then have done your part and it won't nag at you anymore about what you think about this couple. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 08:38:39 AM »
Good advice cape!

female in halton

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 07:37:43 PM »
Dear Capeheart/Woodland: HEAR HEAR!!! It's just taking coming to terms with the whole oayrdeal, I know what I have to do. It's ndayagging at me lately, it's like some voice saying to me "if you know this you must tell, your information could be way more valuable than you think and how would you like it if your little girl was abducted and never to be seen or heard from again and someone had information and witheld it for some selfish reason?" Yuk. Now that's something I just can't live with. The weirdest thing happened today(it's an omen). A man I talked to today said that he had to appear in court yesterday, as he was waiting for the Judge, an older court officer said to him "don't I know you?" The man said to him "sorry I don't recognize you" . The gentleman explained to him that he was a Police Officer in Milton since the beginning of time. He also said that his first boss was Sergeant Patterson. In other words...he knows all the players in the game. So yes, your advice is quite valuable and yes there is someone out there to speak to that will know. Coincedence isn't it huh? There's always that little voice saying to me "what if you're wrong?" I tell myself no it is not you who is wrong it is these children of Satan who are wrong and it's time for them to come to the light where the good Lord wants them right now! not later, not before. Thank-you for helping me to work this through with others who are anonymous to me. It helped. I visioned this woman telling the little girl in Kilbride that she knew one of her parents and that she should come with them, then putting her in the car then hanging a right on Hwy.#6!

rdlogie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2010, 08:47:39 PM »
Hello everyone, when they were around 11 yrs old (approx. 1975) my wife and her friend were nearly abducted from the Centre Mall in Hamilton (which is just a short drive over the Skyway bridge from Burlington/Halton). The man was posing as an undercover police officer and blamed them for stealing the geometry sets they had just purchased. They of course followed him - ultimately to his car at the back of the parking lot. When my wife noticed beer bottles in the back seat, she kicked him and they ran. The police looked into it, and had them walk around the mall the next day (as if he'd return after that!!??). My wife and her parents always felt that the police took the case very lightly and didn't ask as many questions as they should have. The guy was never caught, but we've recently been discussing it and we're quite sure my wife would not have been his first - or last attempt. In fact he could very well have been successful more than once!!! I remember hearing about the Marianne Schuett story a few years after it had happened (I was too young at the time she was taken), and I clearly remember the story of Cindy Williams - a 4-year old Hamilton girl who was abducted in 1974 (?) and then found murdered about a year later. Shortly after that, I remember having a feeling that the same creep was responsible (no specifi reason for thinking this), and then when we were dating and my wife told me her story, I immediately thought that all three stories were related..... same general area, same general time period. I'd love to be able to hear other similar stories from the area and time to see if there's a connection.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
It is a fact taht in those days, police were not yet aware of how predators operated. This also could have been someone who committed similar crimes but because of a lack of communications with other police, it fell thru the cracks. Glad she got away.

Canne

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2010, 08:55:32 AM »
I remember vividly when Marianne went missing.  I lived in Milton and was 9 years old at
the time.  There has never been one month in the past 43 years that I have not thought
of that little girl.  I have on many occasions attempted to find out if anyone ever found her
and of course there are always the theories about who took her.  After so many years I
do not have a lot of hope about her ever being found alive but I do hope that she is watching from heaven knowing that she is not forgotten.

Sleuth

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 12:43:18 AM »
Halton's longest-serving cop still enjoys work
By Dennis Smith
News
Feb 27, 2008
Large Medium Small Print This Article Tell a friend
With involvement ranging from murder investigations to intelligence and surveillance to studying at the FBI National Academy, Insp. John van der Lelie has seen nearly everything during his policing career.

He is Halton's longest-serving, active officer.

Van der Lelie was honoured for 40 years of policing service at a ceremony recognizing Halton officers and civilians, held last Thursday at the Burlington Convention Centre.

Fifty-one people were presented with bars, pins and medals for 20 years or more service.

"I've had a good run of it. I've always been proud and pleased to be a police officer," said van der Lelie "There has been the odd day when I'm not as happy, but generally speaking it has been very rewarding."

He noted only a few police officers earn 40-year bars, as most usually retire after 30 or 35 years.

"It all depends on how you feel yourself," said van der Lelie. "I'm not quite ready to retire."

The officer plans to continue his career as long as he's happy and healthy in his work. Although still with Halton police, he's on permanent secondment, working since 2000 on major crime cases for the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.

As the unit's software co-ordinator, van der Lelie makes data available to every police service in the province, issuing about 200 messages daily. All sexual assault and homicide cases are on the database.

"It provides links for investigations that may never have been thought of," he said. "The information is put in and compared. It involves leading edge tools and innovative protocols."

He said it's a co-ordinated effort that makes sure information doesn't slip through the cracks. He noted in the past predators could go into another jurisdiction that would not have information about them.

Van der Lelie's local policing career dates back to 1967, when Canada's Centennial Year was being celebrated and Lester B. Pearson was prime minister.

He started as a patrol officer with the Burlington Police Force, which was amalgamated into Halton Regional Police in 1974.

He was a breathalyser officer, who then became a detective constable and later a sergeant in Burlington Criminal Investigations Division.

Continuing up the ranks, van der Lelie served as a sergeant in Oakville and as a staff sergeant, his postings included the complaints bureau, Oakville division and major crime.

He also served as the chief staff officer and was inspector for the regional criminal investigation division, which then covered major crimes, drugs, identification, intelligence and surveillance.

Training stints at the FBI National Academy, the Canadian Police College and the Ontario Police College were among other interesting experiences for van der Lelie.

Two unsolved cases he particularly recalls are the 1967 disappearance of Kilbride schoolgirl Marianne Schuett and the 1984 murder of Oakville resident William McIntyre, an OPP plainclothes constable.

Van der Lelie recalls being involved in a follow-up search for Schuett and working on the mystery 25 years later.

"Some cases seem to stay with you," he said. "It's the unsolved cases you remember most."

He also did an audit of the Special Investigations Unit on behalf of the Attorney General.

"The series of recommendations were all adopted and changed the way the SIU does business," said van der Lelie. "It was very contentious for awhile."

He has lived in Burlington since 1967 and van der Lelie and his wife Dolene have been married for nearly 39 years.

Their children include Dan, a firefighter who's president of the Burlington Professional Firefighters Association, and Julie Riesberry, a teacher at St. Gabriel School.

Also recognized for 40 years service was retired Const. Pat Wood, a former court officer.

Recognized for 35 years service were Supt. Keith Gregory, Staff-Sgt. Mark Martin, Const. George Whitehouse, Const. Wayne Parkinson, Insp. Dave Gwilliams and Sgt. Alex Fishbein.

http://www.flamboroughreview.com/news/article/157512

Sleuth

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 12:55:43 AM »
UNSOLVED TRAGEDY: The former Kilbride Street home of Marianne Schuett's family is located less than a half kilometre from Kilbride School. On the afternoon of April 27, 1967, the 10 year old was returning from school when she stopped to talk to a man driving what was described as a Renault station wagon. She reportedly got into the car, which proceeded to drive directly past the Schuett house. Within hours, Marianne was reported missing to police. Ron Kuzyk, Post photographer

Here, from left, Det. Keith Woudstra and Det. Sgt. Kevin Britton of Halton's homicide unit stand in front of Kilbride School, where Marianne was a student. She vanished during the short walk home from school.

A composite sketch the a Renault station wagon.

A composite sketch of a suspect was issued based on witness statements that the girl had stopped to talk to the driver of a car described as a Renault station wagon. Marianne got into the car and was never seen again.

http://www.insidehalton.com/searchresult?AssetType=Image&q=Schuett&r=all:1&sortby=ReleaseTimestamp

Sleuth

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 01:01:36 AM »
And here is the pics for the above mentions. The house where Marianne lived and the school she attended.

Sleuth

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »
suspects vehicle. sketch of suspect.