Author Topic: Marianne SCHUETT (10) - Missing (27 April 1967)  (Read 41825 times)

Sleuth

Re: Marianne SCHUETT (10) - Missing (27 April 1967)
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 01:05:09 AM »
And two picture of Miarianne.

Sleuth

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2010, 01:07:36 AM »
sorry the suspect picture is so little. I will try and blow it up to a larger scale when I have a few minutes.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2010, 11:51:31 AM »
Was this case something like Kyron Horman's, a case where the child was not missed for several hours. Because it seems strange they could not get a line on the vehicle. And do you suppose that it was the correct description of the vehicle, (was there more then one witness). How far is that area from the US border? Just thinking the perp could have quickly crossed to the US.

FM

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »
More Marianne Schuett results from this Halton News source:
http://news.halinet.on.ca/results?q=marianne+schuett&st=kw

Here are more details on the 1969 search.
http://news.halinet.on.ca/89092/page/1

The prison informant's tip seems a little more credible: He was only in on minor charges. He said it was an acquaintance who showed him the body, not a fellow prisoner, although other reports say he heard it in jail. The site was a little over a mile from where the Marianne's alleged shoe was found, on Hwy 25 near 17th Line.

The crevice location is identified as "a half mile south from the end of Third Line" beside the Bruce Trail, and I believe I located it. Pictured below. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:38:49 AM by FM »

Betty000

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
I grew up in the Kilbride area where Marianne went missing and went on the search for her when this happend.  Still no one knew what happened to her?  How can this be.  These were the good old days when people did their part to help look for missing children.

FM

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:03 PM »
For anyone wondering how forensic examiners 'confirmed' the blue shoe that was found on Hwy 25 was Marianne's, it was done by comparing 'perspiration stains' on the shoe with stains on Marianne's other clothes, and 'red stains' inside the shoe with coloured socks she owned. (Toronto Star May 6, 1967, Toronto Star Archives)

A constable discovered the shoe. I'm guessing it must have been left right by the side of the road, probably thrown out a car window, and the officer saw it as he was driving by. You have to wonder whether it means Marianne's body was left in the area or the shoe was left to throw everyone off the trail.

FM

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »
I went through the Hamilton Spectator articles for Feb. 16 and 19, 1991 and here is some of the information provided about 'Suspect X' whom police believed "100 percent" was Marianne Schuett's abductor.

- he looked like the composite sketch
- he wore round, wire rimmed specs like the man in the sketch
- neighbours said he stopped wearing a glasses after the disappearance
- he owned a 67 Renault, just bought and only three were bought in Ontario,
- he was spotted at Borer Falls Conservation in Dundas cleaning his car the 'day after' the disappearance
- the Dundas witness was the only one who could pick his photo out of a lineup
- his 'common assault' conviction in 1972 included a 'minor' stabbing, victim could not testify
- he was uncooperative with investigators and, when he did talk, he did not deny that he did it but was challenging them to prove it.

P.S. A witness said she saw the abductor's car parked on Bell's School Line (200 metres south of 14th Sideroad, NW side of rd.) about an hour after Marianne disappeared. I got the exact location from a relative of the witness who says police had the area searched by parties four feet apart. But the area is near the Bruce Trail and I believe the abductor could have parked there for a long time and gone far afield.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 05:05:04 PM by FM »

gwen

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2011, 06:17:43 AM »
In 1967 when this abduction happened I lived in a small town in southern ontario.  There was a rumour that a well known man from town was responsible. He committed suicide two weeks after the abduction of Marianne and the rumour was that they found girls clothing by his body.  I was 13 at the time she disappeared and have kept a picture of her by my desk these last twenty years.  When I was attending University in Hamilton and read an article on Marianne in the Spectator I called the Halton Police and told them the name of the guy and also that a couple of years after he killed himself many of the sunday school children he taught came forward to disclose that he had molested them. I returned to that town several years ago to check out the rumour and many people still believe he was responsible for Marianne's death.  When I called the police with what I heard they didn't really want the information as they feel the guy in Hamilton is the one and are not really interested in any further tips. The officer said to me that they will never solve it and I said not unless you look. Her body could be in the basement of this man's house....I guess they think we will never know.  Just wanted to let you know that people in good faith give tips but in this case they did not seem at all interested.  So glad for this forum. I hope this is solved in my lifetime.

susietoms

• the tomorrow worried about yesterday all is well
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 02:31:48 PM »
Dave

Are you serious about this post.  because i just found some interesting information. If you google Dave Schuett ontario (Mariannes Brother)  you will see Dave Schuett facebook click on it one of his friends is Ruth Benham.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »
It's possible (Likely) that is how he came up with that name.

Pilatunes

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 11:58:24 AM »
This case has been of interest to me since I read about it many years ago.  It's a shame, to say the least, about the police not following up on that car lead at the time.

Has the guy who claimed he had seen the body disappeared into oblivion?   Or has he ever been reinterviewed?  Since the original dig, there doesn't seem to be any mention of him. 

I was also wondering if someone knew exactly where the shoe was discovered?  All I have been able to find is 'on Highway 25 near 17 Sideroad'.  Is there a marker at the side of the road where her shoe was found?

And last, have cadaver dogs ever been brought back to the area...I know from watching shows about cold case files that cadaver dogs have been able to find evidence many years later.

susietoms

• the tomorrow worried about yesterday all is well
    • View Profile

Coral

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »
Female in Halton- Fortunately we do not know why these 2 people took you.  Maybe they wanted a child of their own, maybe they were pedophiles.  However, maybe other little girls did find out what they wanted with a young girl.  They may be alive, reliving bad memories, haunted by what happened to them, and don't know where to find these 2 creeps.  There may be dead little girls who cannot speak of the horrors these 2 inflicted upon them.  I'm amazed you've had the self restraint and didn't go knock on their door and repay them for their little afternoon beer session.  Regardless of whether or not you confront them abput what they did to you, I think you should speak for those who can't.  i doubt that they stopped with you.  Who knows what they are responsible for.  See out police help NOW.  Tell them what you know.

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
i also found this story the resemblance is there http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/search/label/1960%27shttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mAfDIMyJweA/S5gpaNW_gMI/AAAAAAAAA5Y/z1z9U0h0Thk/s400/Lisa+Doe+Child+edited+B%26W.JPG

Susietoms, were you ever leagally adopted, I know you say you were abducted, I have a half sister that did not grow up with me and she felt the same as you but was legally adopted?

Can you tell us
1. What area you grew up in, you say you could be from anywhere but where did you live most of your life Canada?
2. How do you know you were abducted, you mention a Child Guard between you and your birth mother, was she incarcerated?   
3. You indicate you are 49, are you sure? do you remember being around 4 years old and being with your mother?
4. Have you ever gone to the police for assistance in locating your mother?
5. Are the people who raised you still alive?
6. Do you think you are Marianne? not sure the age lines up, in 67 you would have been around 4, Marianne was 10 when she was abducted?

Thanks
Logical

heal the hearts

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »
Hi,
 I am new here,

I have been following this as a guest and I had to join in. This is so sad for the family!!
I read a few posts here recently and noticed they have been cleared from the board,
does anyone know why they would remove it.
It was from the username  "medium" and the name "Dave" signed to the bottom of the post,
 I must contact him as it could be very important, as he had information that I find incredible!!
I need to try or I will never know... if anyone can help me out that would be great, email PM to me,
 Thank you so much.