Author Topic: Kimlyn Judy Tolgyes - Murder (August 29, 2002)  (Read 10476 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Kimlyn Judy Tolgyes - Murder (August 29, 2002)
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »
Kimlyn Judy TOLGYES
Occurrence No. 62402-02
Address: Kerncliffe Park on Kerns Road, Burlington, Ontario 

On August 29, 2002 the naked body of 19 year old Kimlyn Tolgyes was found in Kerncliffe Park on Kerns Road in Burlington. A post mortem examination revealed the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head. Kimlyn Tolgyes was a sex trade worker and could often be found in the downtown area of Hamilton. Kimlyn was last seen alive late on the 23rd or early on the 24th August 2002 in the area of Main Street and Grant Street in Hamilton.

If you have any information on this case please call the Major Crime Bureau at 905-825-4747 Ext.5082 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Please quote the case number and victim's name when calling. Thank You.
http://www.hrps.on.ca/data/homicide/homicide_13.asp

wantedwanted

• View Profile
Re: Kimlyn Judy Tolgyes - Murder (August 29, 2002)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »
I found an article online from the July 31, 2004 edition of the Toronto Star that mentions a person of interest in the murder of Kimlyn Judy Tolgyes. Alexander Conrad Williams, then 27, was arrested July 28, 2004, in Burlington and charged with the sexual assault of a 23 year old woman earlier that day (~1:30am) near Kerns Park, also in Burlington. During the attack the victim was choked.

Williams is mentioned in the article as a suspect in the homicide of Kimlyn Judy Tolgyes, 19, last seen August 23/24, 2002 in Hamilton in the area of Main & Grant. Her nude, badly beaten body was found August 29, 2002, in Kerncliffe Park, near Kerns Park. Tolgyes died of blunt force trauma to the head.

Williams is also mentioned as a person of interest in the disappearance of Susan Gourley, 39, last seen early November 2001 in the area of Barton & Stirton Ave, Hamilton, and the disappearance of Felicia Floriani, 15, last seen June 10/11, 2002, in Hamilton.

Williams was suspected to be behind a series of at least a dozen attacks on sex trade workers and homeless people in the Hamilton area that began in January, 2001. Many of the victims were beaten and choked.

On August 1, 2002, a 43-year-old Hamilton woman was picked up near Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton the night before and driven to Kerns Park, where she was sexually assaulted by a man in his late 20s and then pushed out of his vehicle.

On September 4, 2002, an 18 year old Hamilton woman was sexually assaulted, severely beaten, and left for dead beneath some bushes outside of a factory.

Unfortunately I'm unable to find anything on a Burlington man named Alexander Williams after the 2004 article, at the time of which he was being charged with one count of sexual assault, one count of break and enter, and one count of choking. Williams DNA was to be analysed at the time of the article's writing, and search warrants were conducted at two residences connected to Williams. The article says that one of the homes is near Kerns Park.

More frustrating is that Tolgyes murder seems to remain unsolved, as well as the disappearances of Gourley and Floriani. According to a 2006 Halton newspaper article, the sexual assault on the 18 year old Hamilton woman who was beaten and left for dead remained unsolved at the time. This article doesn't mention any Alexander Conrad Williams, but does say that at the time Halton police were investigating whether there could a link between Tolgyes death and the murders of Cassey Cichocki, 22, and Diane Dimitri, 33. Michael Durant was charged in connection to the deaths of Cassey Cichocki in Niagara Falls, and Diane Dimitri in Welland. A Niagara Falls newspaper article about Durant from 6 months ago doesn't mention Tolgyes, Gourley, or Floriani. Durant, who has been in custody since January 2006, had pre-trial motions scheduled to be argued March 22 this year, but at the time of the article's writing still had not retained any counsel, and the start date was subject to change if he remained unrepresented.

Anybody remember hearing anything about this Williams fellow? After his arrest I can't find any information on him. Some articles I just found made things even more confusing, throwing another guy into the mix - I might have to wrap my head around this later. Thought this might be helpful to post. I'll add more if I find anything else out.
-
2006 Halton article connecting Tolgyes to Durant - http://www.insidehalton.com/news/article/432500--halton-cops-look-for-links-between-two-homicides

January 17, 2008, Hamilton Spectator article about 25 year old Mohawk College student, Najim Khairzad, charged in the violent attacks of three Hamilton prostitutes, one of whom was sexually assaulted and choked, two of whom were attacked near Barton street, in Hamilton. Gourley, Floriani, and Tolgyes are all mentioned - http://www.thespec.com/article/310813

A 2002 Toronto star article has Staff Sergeant Steve Hrab of the Hamilton police major crimes unit saying police believe there may have been another man involved in at least one of the assaults. - written by John Burman. Toronto Star. Toronto, Ont.: Nov 16, 2002.  pg. A.22

Article that mentions Alexander Conrad Williams - written by Bob Mitchell. Toronto Star. Toronto, Ont.: Jul 31, 2004.  pg. B.02

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 02:56:37 AM »
Taht is really scary!!!

So a potential serial killer is on the loose and the police have no idea where?

If this is true, I wish the media would make this a big deal.

wantedwanted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 11:40:44 AM »
Chris, unfortunately what it looks like is that there have been multiple serial killers on the loose in Ontario for many decades, and only once in a while does the media catch on to it - usually after a spate of high-profile murders. A news article from 1992 that I posted in London's Project Angel thread suggests that for years killers have operated under the radar in Ontario, thanks to poor communication between police and a criminal justice system that paroles violent killers and doesn't legally pursue additional charges against men already jailed for murder as it's too costly an exercise. You're right, it's damn scary. We get a lot of talk about how overhyped 'stranger danger' is, but I think this is a serious problem that should not be overlooked by the police, courts, and government officials.

connor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »
Hello,

I'm currently producing a short documentary about Kimlyn's murder. If anyone feels they have knowledge pertinent to the case, and would like to be interviewed on camera, please contact me via email at c4reeves@ryerson.ca.

Due to time constraints on the project, the interview would need to be scheduled to take place before March 23.