Author Topic: Sheryl SHEPPARD - Murder (January 2nd, 1998)  (Read 49340 times)

hardware

• View Profile
Re: Sheryl SHEPPARD - Murder (January 2nd, 1998)
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »
I haven't heard much from anybody.   
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:27:48 PM by hardware »

Silverdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 09:52:44 PM »
Is Sheryl missing or murdered? Or missing and presumed murdered? Just wondering, the subject says murder but has a body ever been found?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 01:29:48 AM »
Missing, presumed murdered.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 02:42:42 AM »
Hi hopeful, thanks for posting. I assume you knew Sheryl. I hope that you all get the answers you are looking for soon, the police are getting better and better at solving these old crimes and I have a feeling this one could be solved.

MissingYouSS

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 02:09:22 AM »
His poor children think sheryl is just gone & their dad had nothing to do with it..who would want to believe their own father would kill some one???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First id like to assure you we dont just think shes gone we are very well aware of the fact that she is missing and our father
has been the main suspect for 11 and a half years but what ever happened to innocent until proven gulity, Now dont get me wrong i am well aware of the fact that he made himself to look guilty but its has effected us in ways you could never know!
Maybe thats why i didnt sleep alone till i was 16, maybe thats why i didnt have a functional relationship till i was 20, maybe thats why i am still teriffied of the shower. Now if i just thought she was "gone"why have i tortured myself, tried to force myself to remember every detail about her, like the time she french braided my hair, the way she smelt of obbsession purfume, the way we would all dance in the living room of the apartment to any man of mine... i still have a picture of her on my dresser and have for as long as i can remember! Trust me we hurt just as much as anyone else effected by this case, and how dare you even think that we are that nieve... we had to leave everything we've ever known to heal from this, and we're grown up now but i still rack my brain trying to remember anything i could to help no one could ever know the things me and my sisters went through so dont pass judgement on us...

Girl who fears the shower

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 01:22:05 PM »
To Justwondering
i dont understand, if you have information come forward PLEASE
there are alot of things im scared of and ****is one of them.
but if your afraid of him then why not make him pay for the fear
he has inflicted upon all of us? it really is a horrible thing when
a daughter has so much fear in her father and the worst part
is i dont know if he did it, what if i hated him all those years
because of this and what if all that hate was for nothing? im not
trying to say i dont think he did it, because i do beleive there is
something he is hiding, you say that there are three people who
protect him still and i beleive you are one of them. Come forward
Justwondering, please give me, my family, sheryls family and my
fathers family some closure. I need to know if my father murdered
that beautiful lady that i loved so dearly. i was only a little girl when
this all happened and its haunted me for many years. Since the case
has been reopened i think about this nearly everyday... i love my father
i really do, whether he did this or not i will love him unconditionly, but my
sisters and me would really like to end this nightmare and i want to see
me father for who he really is, "Closure, its time to come forward."
So come forward, its time to give everybody involved some peace of mind.

**edited to remove name

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:31:37 PM by debbiec »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »
Wow Sheryl sure did have a lot of peole who cared for her.

I am glad this case is open and that a suspect has been ID'd. I do hope if anyone has any info, they will contact police or at least crime stoppers.

I am sure the family would be so happy to not just see a conviction, but also learn what happened and possibly know where her body is.

Please, anyone who knows anything that might be helpful, please send me (the admin) a PM and let me direct you to where you can make an anonymous tip.

CrazyCanadianCowgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 03:26:11 AM »
It sounds as though you are speaking of this man's violence from experience. Thank the Lord you were STRONG enough to leave. Perhaps you will speak at his trial in the near future as to the physical and emotional abuse you suffered at his hands. I feel for his children, living in fear of the the unknown. Yes you can love your abuser, Lord knows, I still love mine (I'm an incest survivor). I'm sure someone has an insight into where Sheryl's body is. It will be somewhere that her murderer has been before. Maybe a remote place he camped, or hiked, an abandoned well he stumbled across, an abandoned barn, a farmers field or patch of woods he lived near, someone might remember something from a conversation or outing that they had with him. To Sheryl's family, my thoughts are with you, to Sheryl's step-children, knowing Sheryl, she loved you unconditionally and you made her time with you special (she loved children and wanted some badly). This case is dragging on too long, the police need to do something more. This family needs to put their daughter, sister, stepmother, and friend to rest (in peace). God please give this family closure soon.

***edited to remove inappropriate comment
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:08:59 AM by debbiec »

Saddened

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 10:47:21 AM »
I was a childhood friend of Sheryl's and sadly lost touch with her when I moved out on my own and moved from my childhood home. My Mother had taken Sheryl in on numerous occasions. Sheryl was a rebel when she young. I have some pretty wonderful memories of both of us getting into trouble. Nothing serious, just your typical adolescent misgivings. Sheryl would often run away from home and always end up at my place. Her poor Mother would always check in with us to see if we had heard from her. Usually we would have. Sadly not this time!!!!!  :(
I have been trying to follow this investigation to see if they come up with anything. As we know, nothing has evolved to date.
I feel bad for all that were  close to her. This is NOT an ending any person deserves!!!!!
I also feel bad for Mike's girls. It sounds like you all had it pretty tough emotionally. Just know it is NOT your fault what your father is being accused of. I don't know him, nor have I ever met him, but if he knows ANYTHING (I'm sure he does) he obviously is NOT a decent person to allow so many to suffer including his own children.
This has to come to an end. How I find peace with this is thinking that Sheryl is just not ready to be found yet. Just like when she was young and running away she didn't want to be found until she was ready (stubborn). I hope one day her spirit will give police or anyone who knows anything a clue that will break this case and Sheryl can finally be laid to rest the way she deserves and her poor Mother will finally have the closure she so deserves. That woman has been through so much with her girls and loved them unconditionally the way all parents should ♥
My prayers are with you Odette!!!!! Stay Strong, one day you will be with your daughter again and have all the answers you deserve. It is just too bad that God has chosen such a sad and tragic path for you're family  :( I am a believer that things do happen for a reason. What this reason is I can't imagine, but I also believe what comes around goes around, so whoever is responsible will some how pay in the end!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 03:55:43 AM »
Thanks for posting, I am very sorry about your friend, this must have been hard.

I do hope your friend is found, and that this case will be solved. It is so nice to know a bit about her.

dawn

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 06:34:37 AM »
wow. so many care, It sounds like ****may have some serious issues. it sounds like a long violent past, with more than one woman. there is a lot of good advice here as well, for people close to this case

a. perhaps she is somewhere ****has been before, where has he been?
b. he said he murdered his wife and kids, where did he say he put them?
c. one lady says he told her he fantasized about killing her, how much of the fantasy did he tell her?
d. on the off chance that he was sorry for killing her, where in his sick mind would he think she would want to be layed to rest?
e. this may sound sick, but if he liked it, has anyone noticed any other missing women or jane does, that are similar to sheryls case? if he is what people say and he did fantasize about killing, wouldnt that make you wonder.
f. it doesnt seem like anyone on this site who may know sheryl are sharing what they know with each other, you may jog each others memory.
g. find help for yourselves if you havent
I wish you all the best and hope she is found and that everyone finds peace.

**name removed

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:35:24 PM by debbiec »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »
Thanks dawn, some good points

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
Lost, hurrah for you, you tell him people around here do not backup murderers. They want them behind bars. And anybody who assists in keeping secrets about people in that fashion can also be charged with assisting in criminal activity or keeping known information away from solving a crime. There are charges that can be laid against individuals who assist in covering up a murder. And  sometimes those guilty do not want anyone to bring up the facts on this space or any other space. What are you afraid of that you don't want this case talked about. We care what happened to Sheryl and we just want to know the truth. Justice will be done for Sheryl, eventually. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Sleuth

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 01:06:22 PM »
MissingYouSS; You go girl! You are standing firm in something you believe in, that takes courage and a great deal of inner strength. I salute you. I think people forget that because a person has 'family' doesn't mean a person has to love a member of the 'family', or even like the person, have the person up at the dinner table, go shopping with him or her, or even talk to the person. Sometimes a best friend is more of a person's 'family' that a blood relative, in all ways.

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 02:58:04 PM »
This whole case is so tragic, I'm very dedicated to reading all I can about it now. So many people hurt from this, lost without answers. I truly hope a new year & new anniversary brings a new hope and that the people who know things they haven't shared, come forward to police with that information.

So sorry to those of you who are suffering by not knowing, may the peace you need find you.