Author Topic: Missing - Patricia Wendy Pangracs - age 32 - Edmonton area  (Read 123 times)

Sap1

• View Profile
Missing - Patricia Wendy Pangracs - age 32 - Edmonton area
« on: August 11, 2019, 09:15:53 PM »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/police-search-rural-properties-for-missing-edmonton-woman-1.5243053

Patricia Wendy Pangracs was last heard from on June 8.

On Saturday, a full two months after the 32-year-old woman went missing, search and rescue volunteers worked with Edmonton police to scour the land around a rural intersection in Strathcona County, looking for signs of her.

Edmonton police aren't sure if she's alive or dead.

"The best evidence that we have at this point would, on a balance of probabilities, lead me to the latter conclusion," homicide unit Det. Jared Buhler said.

"That's why Homicide is involved and Missing Persons reached the same conclusion."

More than 20 civilian searchers and five canines combed through properties around the intersection of Range Road 233 and Township Road 514.

In the early hours of June 8, police believe Pangracs travelled to the rural intersection from Beaumont, just south of Edmonton, in a white 2011 Cadillac CTS with front-end damage. Police are asking people who live along the route to check their surveillance cameras.

"We don't know what happened from this point on June 8," Buhler said, noting Pangracs was last spotted in the area on foot. "It's possible that Patricia might have sought shelter on an acreage, farm around here."

Landowners consented to the searches on their heavily treed, grassy properties, he said.

"We certainly don't have any reason to believe they're involved in this investigation at all, but they've been very cooperative and we do appreciate their assistance in that," he said.

A search and rescue team scours the land surrounding a Strathcona County intersection for signs of Patricia Pangracs on Saturday. (Scott Neufeld/CBC)
The missing persons unit started investigating after getting a tip from one of Pangracs's friends on July 8 — a full month after she was last heard from.

Security footage from the day before shows Pangracs and the Cadillac at a gas station in Bruderheim, about 60 kilometres northeast of Edmonton.

Police have been in touch with Pangracs's parents but say she had no family connections in the Edmonton area, explaining why her disappearance was not immediately reported.

"I think people in her social group were reluctant initially to bring it to the attention of the police," Buhler said.

Det. Jared Buhler of the Edmonton Police Service's homicide unit speaks near the Strathcona County intersection where missing woman Patricia Wendy Pangracs was last spotted. (Scott Neufeld/CBC)
Some people in Pangracs's social circle are criminals, he said.

"We're aware of a series of conflicts that have in some cases resulted in violence that preceded Patricia's disappearance and in some cases followed her disappearance," Buhler said. "It's those circumstances, generally, some of which related directly to Patricia and some of which we believe that she was perhaps a peripheral player, that have caused us to become concerned."

The search around the Strathcona County intersection came up empty, EPS spokesperson Cheryl Sheppard said in an email on Sunday.

Media coverage of the search resulted in new tips to police, who asked anyone with information about the case to contact them.

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Missing - Patricia Wendy Pangracs - age 32 - Edmonton area
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 09:40:22 PM »
This all happened around the same area Amber Tuccaro disappeared at. I went back to her thread to see if the vehicle type was ever given there of Amber's captor but for some reason I always saw in my mind that the man drove a larger car. There is quite an element of underworld that seems to coincide with Strathcona County.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 04:42:06 AM »
My thoughts went to Amber, as well, Sap1.
Yes...Amber’s killer is still lurking around those parts...

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 08:58:30 AM »
That is so unsettling, Jobo. Perhaps Amber's killer is the same one in this case? Patricia seemed to be involved in the crime element but Amber was only in the area for appts. Police are likely checking all angles and MO's.