Author Topic: Maps of the Missing - Province by Province(And the Territories)  (Read 684 times)

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
Maps of the Missing - Province by Province(And the Territories)
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:51:48 AM »
Hello All,

I am working on a new project putting together maps for each Province showing the known missing persons LKP(Last known Position) or a generic place holder if it is a general area.
Currently in progress is a map of New Brunswick which can be found here: NB Missing Map

Please feel free to take a look and let me know your thoughts.

If anyone is interested in assisting with their local Province or a specific province please send me a message and we can have a discussion on the process in place and where the data is being pulled from.

Current Legend:
Blue - Male
Deep Pink - Female
Caution Triangle - General Area, no specific LKP

GSAR_Mbr

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Maps of the Missing - Province by Province(And the Territories)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 06:43:33 AM »
Great idea,GSAR_Mbr and it looks good. Perhaps that will also give people the incentive to find out what was happening in those areas when the persons went missing ... what was going on besides every day normal living. Like constructions crews going through, persons out of jail etc.

I hope someone here can help you. I'm not here that much because I tend to aggravate people with my bluntness. So presently I am working on stolen and missing dogs, cattle etc.   

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 01:52:10 PM »
GSAR-Member, this is a great map, so well put together and the information. Every province in Canada should have this setup.  This is extremely helpful to any law enforcement agency trying to solve missing persons cases. Especially if there is an area of several persons missing, it gives a birdseye view of the area and maybe helpful in solving any repeated crimes.  This was a great idea. You should be working for Scotland Yard.  I love watching the stories about Scotland Yard, sometimes they are on PBS. It is much the same as the FBI, a huge operation in  London.  :D :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 12:22:38 PM by capeheart »

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »
What about Gregory David Wry? He went missing from Fredericton Feb. 2010.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3318.0

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:31:40 AM »
I just came across this post..AWEsome idea, GSAR_Mbr.
Looks good....and I like geography, so a map of the missing is right up my alley.
Never know...some of our missing cases could be connected, and geographical profiling works.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »
https://globalnews.ca/news/5102337/coroners-service-interactive-map/

B.C. Coroners’ Office has released an interactive map of those missing in B.C.  (200+ people).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:52:47 PM by jobo »