Author Topic: Autumn Taggart (31), Murdered, June 10/2018, Windsor, ON  (Read 157 times)

George Fayne

• View Profile
Autumn Taggart (31), Murdered, June 10/2018, Windsor, ON
« on: August 08, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
CBC NEWS
Windsor

Police look for vehicle in Windsor murder case and release cause of death

Investigators believe victim's child was inside the home where the homicide happened

June 23, 2018

Windsor police release photo of homicide victim Autumn Taggart, also known as Maya Madolyn. (Windsor police)
Just a day after Windsor police released the photo of a recent homicide victim, authorities now say they're looking for more information about a vehicle possibly involved with the case.

Police are seeking a dark, newer model SUV that was parked behind the apartment building where Autumn Taggart's body was found on June 10 around 8 p.m. The apartment building is located at the corner of University Avenue West and McKay Avenue. It's believed the vehicle was there from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. earlier that same day.

Investigators also say her 9-year-old child was inside the home when it happened.

The cause of death has been listed as blunt force trauma to parts of Taggart's body. The 31-year-old woman also goes by the name of Maya Madolyn.

Windsor police investigating woman found dead in her apartment as a homicide

With hopes of engaging more people who aren't connected to social media, police will have the mobile command post stationed at the intersection of McKay Avenue and University Avenue West on Saturday and Sunday.

Authorities are asking neighbours in the area to look around their yards for items that don't normally belong there.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/police-look-for-vehicle-in-windsor-murder-case-and-release-cause-of-death-1.4718875
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:04:55 PM by George Fayne »

freeman

• View Profile
Re: Autumn Taggart (31), Murdered, June 10/2018, Windsor, ON
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 09:50:25 AM »
A couple of weeks after her murder there was a violent robbery in the house right next to the building where AT was murdered, police are not saying if there was a connection

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/windsor-police-investigate-robbery

George Fayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 11:41:19 AM »

George Fayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »
This is from Autumn's Twitter. It's entirely possible that she's being hyperbolic. But given what happened... Yikes:

If I end up dead, my next door neighbours did it. I wish this was a joke.
11:02 PM ยท Feb 3, 2018

https://twitter.com/mayamadolyn/status/960045880148668416?s=20

I'm not fingering anyone & who knows what she's referring to here, but this all leads me to ask:  Was she inolved in a dispute? Did she have an uneasy feeling about someone who was close to her?

(I should note that someone on Twitter retweeted this to the police)