Author Topic: Melanie Dawn Geddes, missing Aug 13, 2005 found deceased Dec 20, 2005  (Read 155 times)

supernatural

• Just trying to help
    • View Profile
Slain mom's relatives await justice
CBC News · Posted: Oct 06, 2009 7:21 PM CT | Last Updated: October 6, 2009
It has been four years since Melanie Dawn Geddes disappeared from the streets of Regina. Four months later, she was found slain north of the city.

No charges have been laid and police are still looking for the big break in the case that would lead them to arrest her killer.

Nation north of Regina. (Brett Bradshaw/CBC)
Geddes, 24, was last seen leaving a party in the city's north-central district early in the morning of Aug. 13, 2005. The mother of three girls was only a few blocks from home, but she never made it.

An extensive investigation followed, but the leads went nowhere.  Finally, on Dec. 20, 2005, her remains were found in the Qu'Appelle Valley.

Three people on horseback made the discovery just south of Southey while out for a ride. An autopsy indicated it was a homicide.

It was the beginning of a terrible series of similar discoveries across the province. In addition to Geddes, the remains of five other missing aboriginal women have been found in Saskatchewan over the past five years.

In only a few cases, the killers have been caught and convicted.

Geddes's aunt, Iva Geddes-McNabb, is praying that the person who killed Melanie will be found.

"I know that justice will be served. It may not be right now, but it will come," she said.

Geddes-McNabb regularly visits her niece's grave on the Gordon First Nation reserve. The grave is strewn with fabric flowers and candles left over from a recent celebration of Melanie's life — being there brings her some comfort, Geddes-McNabb said.

She noted that one of the signs near the grave has a picture of Melanie and reads "Justice has yet to be served."

Another sign highlights the number of First Nations women across Western Canada who are missing or have been killed.

Meanwhile, the investigation continues, with tips being investigated as they come in, Const. Shane Skilnik of the RCMP major crimes historical case unit said.

The key information police are looking for is what happened to Melanie in the minutes after she left the party.

"We still haven't had that specific link to tell us what happened to her," Skilnik said.

Geddes-NcNabb said she hopes people with information will think about the anguish the family is going through.

"Everyone needs a mother and it's so sad these children have to go without a mother because someone took her life," she said.

"I just hope if anyone hears these words I am speaking, if they know anything, I pray they will come forward and help us to find that piece of the puzzle."

Police ask anyone with information about the Melanie Geddes case to call Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/slain-mom-s-relatives-await-justice-1.838400

Thought this young lady needs some more exposure on her case since it seems little has been accomplished.
Here is the rough location of where her body was found compared to her last none siting in Regina.  If anyone knows the exact locations please update my post.  Thanks