Author Topic: 3 stabbings within 4 months plus other violent acts and he's on bail  (Read 819 times)

Sap1

• View Profile
Three stabbing charges within 4 months, plus other violence related incidents and he is on bail. With promises to obey. Yep, we've heard that before. It was too good to be true when justice department said there would be changes. 

https://www.stalbertgazette.com/article/stabbing-suspect-released-bail-20180327

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: 3 stabbings within 4 months plus other violent acts and he's on bail
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
HARDY is a very dangerous man.  Given his past record. I am surprised that he is out on bail.  It will be interesting to see if he shows up in court to face charges.  I would not bet on it.

Note bail conditions

Hardy is not allowed to have contact with the victims of the alleged crime and he may not consume drugs or alcohol or be in a location that serves alcohol. Hardy is also prohibited from owning, possessing or carrying a weapon.

The accused must remain in his residence  at all times unless attending court, work, an educational institution or visiting the doctor and he must take all medications as prescribed.

By the bail conditions, what does this say about the man?
This must be discouraging for the police when judges are so ready to allow bail with these criminals. 

Furthermore, regardless that he knew the victims,  Public safety is at risk when it comes to volatile people such as HARDY. To my mind, potentially  he is a walking TIME BOMB.

JB
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:13:04 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: 3 stabbings within 4 months plus other violent acts and he's on bail
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »
Reminds me of the tragic shooting of Constable Whyn a few years ago. Suspect also had an arm's length of crime and the Judge asked why was the killer not in jail. Yet they let that happen time and again. Our justice system sucks! So many prisoners walked due to not having had their cases before the courts, and although we are told this did not happen for the very serious crimes, they will not release to the general public which prisoners/cases walked free. There is a ND order and that is really unsettling.

Some years ago when my son was a teen and as he and a buddy were walking home from school, they passed a house where dogs ran out to greet them, friendly pitbulls. My son and his friend stopped to pet the dogs b/c they love animals. A huge bulky man came running from the house and starting beating on the boys. For some crazy reason he thought his dogs were being hurt. My son's friend was hurt the most. The guy apparently was supposed to be in "care" due to his fragile state over his marriage break up and alcohol problem but his parents wanted to help him and not have him institutionalized. My son felt sorry for the guy after his mother told the sob story and he said he did not want me calling police. His buddy's parents must have called police on the incident since he was injured worse, because after that, the dogs and man were both gone. Parents need to let their grown adult children get through difficulties on their own so they can learn to be accountable.

I also doubt very much the man, Adam Hardy, can stick to bail conditions given his track record. It would be interesting to hear exactly why he knifed the people he supposedly knew.