Author Topic: Missing Person Data Base finally up and running..  (Read 640 times)

D1

• View Profile
Missing Person Data Base finally up and running..
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:07:29 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/national-dna-databank-for-missing-persons-up-and-running-after-years-of-delay/ar-BBK9agu?li=AAggv0m

Lindsey Nicholls is the first to be included thanks to her mom's efforts over the last 20 years.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:22:55 PM by D1 »

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Missing Person Data Base finally up and running..
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 01:24:14 PM »
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:15:15 PM by jobo »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:39:35 PM »
This is kind of a big deal for those stuck wondering what happened to loved ones who disappeared over the past years. As we see, Police will only dedicate so much time to any case and once cold it becomes extremely hard to rejuvenate. Police may solve a cold case once every few years at best by investigative means if lucky. This type of data base has the potential to drop answers in the laps of investigators with little more than a few lab hours and a click of a mouse. Its likely the last chance for many of the missing and who knows how many cases could be solved just like that. Its at least a cause for some rare optimism. 

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 07:35:34 AM »
D; as I stated in my last post on the Kelly Cook thread, it seems the police have given up on "missing but found murdered" cases.  I get the impression they are collectively turning their limited time and efforts to "missing and possibly alive".

Although I am glad they are also including the Stephanie Steward case... and others, I don't expect any miracles.  One thing does cross my mind however:  I wonder if they feel it is more logical and practical to keep digging into missing, but never found - in case there is a possibility (in theory) that such victim/s are still out there somewhere ... alive, brainwashed, held against their will, etc?

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=7227.195