Author Topic: Ryan Shtuka - age 20 - missing - Sun Peaks. BC  (Read 4610 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Shtuka - age 20 - missing - Sun Peaks. BC
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 10:21:36 AM »
RCMP helicopter returns in missing person search

By Jean Strong 
March 28, 2018

A helicopter seen flying low over Sun Peaks this morning was an RCMP Helicopter searching for missing person Ryan Shtuka.

RCMP said they will be returning to search regularly as snow melts and the creek running behind Burfield drive thaws. They also stated Kamloops Search and Rescue (KSAR) will return to search again when the snow melts.
 The helicopter will also be used in Kamloops today to search for missing 62 year old woman Thelma Vaughan.

Shtuka disappeared in the early hours of February 17 after a house party on Burfield Drive. His social media and bank accounts have been inactive and searches by KSAR, Kamloops RCMP, the Canadian Association of Search and Disaster Dogs and volunteers have found no trace.

He was last seen wearing grey pants, a grey and white shirt, blue jacket and burgundy hat. Anyone with information is asked to contact RCMP or Crimestoppers.

http://sunpeaksnews.com/rcmp-helicopter-returns-missing-person-search-29285.htm

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »
Ryan still hasn't been found. Maybe it's time to consider foul play?

superbee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
I am thinking more and more along that line.  I wonder if Ryan is even on the mountain anymore?  A lot of the snow is gone now and still no sign.  I think this weekend volunteer searching is off for a few days, and professionals will search.  It is very warm in that area lately and the snow must be steadily melting, exposing more and more of the bare ground that was covered with many feet of snow. 

There was a ray of hope a few weeks ago when it was discovered that a pizza place on Sun Peaks within walking distance was open late, and if Ryan was hungry, there was the theory he may have hiked there instead of going home.  I wonder what became of that idea?  Even if the pizza place was jammed with late eaters, Ryan was supposedly a friendly person, so if he did get there, whether straight or tipsy, surely someone, a customer or employee, would remember the tall, good looking, happy go lucky guy who arrived at the pizza place right around closing?  Ryan was a tow operator and board rider, surely someone would know or recognize him?  He'd been publicly working at Sun Peaks for 2 months.

One tip I read, and have searched for often--I cannot find it online--supposedly the following morning, a man many miles up the Yellowhead Highway, around Vavenby, was driving home from working the mill graveyard shift.  He posted that he saw, walking on the side of the highway, a somewhat-disheveled, tall, blonde, young man.  This is the following morning, a few hours after Ryan disappeared miles away at Sun Peaks.  When the man got home and the reports of Ryan being missing came out, the man thought maybe it was a disheveled Ryan he had seen walking along the Yellowhead.  I have never seen or heard another thing about this tip.  I can't even find it online.  Maybe the tipster was a liar?  I don't know, but I know I saw his tip online somewhere, and if true, it sounded like a very good lead.  If his tip is true, how did Ryan end up on the highway near Vavenby, and how did he get there?  Did Ryan get a ride off the mountain that night and he is not up at Sun Peaks at all?  How did he end up wandering along the Yellowhead near Vavenby?  Where did he go from there?  It's 3 months now.

I wonder if Ryan is even on the mountain that his parents are searching day after day, month after month?  I have often wondered if he went back to the party instead of catching up on foot with his friends. At the party had he been offered a chance to go to another party off the mountain, thought about it while walking home, and then returned to the party?  And then, somehow, left Sun Peaks? 

Ryan was supposed to be at work in a few hours, he sounded like a dependable employee who wouldn't not just show up at work.  But we have all been young, at parties where kids take off to another place, a few drinks and our judgement is not 100%. Maybe Ryan thought he could go to another party, maybe off the mountain, and still make his shift a few hours later?  I know Ryan's mum is defending the party attendees, I hope they are not lying to her, but I also know there is often a kind of loyalty at parties, and I'm wondering if everything at the original party is being revealed? I hope that every person who was at that party, or any place Ryan may have gone to later that night, search their memory for any tidbit of information, no matter how small, something they heard, something they saw, and speak up.  It may be the clue needed to help Ryan's suffering parents find their missing son. 

I'm still puzzled by Ryan's friends walking on home without checking to see if Ryan was still behind them, or not waiting up for him, not texting or phoning his cell to see where he'd gone.  Didn't any of them look back and see Ryan was not behind them anymore?  Seems like they just walked home, crashed, ate, and went to work the next morning without even knocking on Ryan's bedroom door.  Is it just me who feels that is odd?

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »
I can't see how he could have disappeared on his own.  His family would have found him by now.  And if it's foul play, it would be hard to bury a body in the snow.  Check the landfills and get cadaver dogs to search the vehicles of people at the party.

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
Could he have been dumped at the nearby transfer station?  This must be foul play.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 10:46:14 AM »
Another weekend of Search and Rescue being on the mountain. He has not been found.

As far as I am aware nothing has been ruled out yet. Still an open investigation, as the searching continues.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 01:29:00 PM »
I am wondering about wild animals in the area, other then 2 legged ones.  I mean there could have been foul play, but there was a snow storm that night, bad weather.  Would there be a body of water around there that he could have fell in or someone could have committed a crime and put his body there.  This sounds kind of a cooked up story about Ryan. I mean he was there with friends, what is the odds of him just walking out in bad weather to walk home. It doesn't sound right to me.  More detailed investigation should be done with everyone at that party.  There is too much crime happening these days and people getting away with too much, because of poor investigations. :( :( :( :( :( :(