Author Topic: Veronica Morrison-Johnston - Mexico - deceased Jan 28/18  (Read 5721 times)

Sap1

• View Profile
Veronica Morrison-Johnston - Mexico - deceased Jan 28/18
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:24:08 AM »
Another Canadian has died in Mexico near Cancun.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/spruce-grove-woman-mexico-death-1.4519582

Spruce Grove woman dies while vacationing in Mexico
A GoFundMe page has been created to raise money to help bring her body back to Canada
CBC News Posted: Feb 04, 2018 7:21 PM MT Last Updated: Feb 04, 2018 7:21 PM MT

A Spruce Grove woman died suddenly while vacationing in Mexico.

Veronica Morrison-Johnston, 23, died near Cancun on Jan. 28, according to a GoFundMe page in her honour.

The page is dedicated to raising funds to help bring her body back to Canada.

The page confirmed Morrison-Johnston was the light of her family's lives, "and she was brutally taken from them." Her family said they are not publicly commenting on her passing.

Global Affairs Canada said it's offering its sympathies to the family, but would not confirm Morrison-Johnston was murdered.

CBC News also cannot confirm that's the case.

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Veronica Morrison-Johnston - Mexico - deceased Jan 28/18
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 01:34:21 AM »
Then there is this following: apparently murdered by someone she knew

https://www.gofundme.com/justice-for-veronicabring-her-home

We need your help!  On January 28, 2018, Veronica Morrison-Johnston was murdered while vacationing in Cancun, Mexico by an individual she trusted.

Veronica was a beautiful, vibrant 23 year old woman who loved riding motorcycles, and the outdoors.  She loved hunting, fishing and archery. She was embarking on her future as an 2nd year apprentice for millwright, and worked with women building futures. She was a kind, compassionate woman who volunteered at the hope mission. She loved dressing up and going out. She was full of life and adventure.

Veronica was the light of her family's lives - And she was brutally taken from them.

Veronica's family needs your help to bring her home to Canada and to fight for justice.  Her killer is attempting to make less of his act and her family wants to be able to hire an attorney to make sure this does not happen!

Please help us make sure this man does not walk free after this horrible crime and please help us bring Veronica's remains home to her family for burial. Please help Veronica's family get justice and be able to say goodbye to their precious girl.

Many of us know Veronica's sister Ginger Morrison-Johnston.  This is not one of those crimes that we read about but we cannot see the local, personal affects.  This is our friend, our co-worker, our loved one and her family. They are devasted - Lets help them make this right!

JUSTICE FOR VERONICA - AND BRING HER HOME!

Thank you so much for your love and support during this terrible time in the lives of Veronica`s family and loved ones.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:01:58 PM »
I wonder if she went down to Mexico with a boyfriend? Someone she worked with perhaps?
Has anyone heard anything more?
jb

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 06:16:09 PM »
I checked with online media from the Cancun area and nothing has been reported but that doesn't mean anything because most vacation places that rely on tourists will be hesitant in reporting crimes. They report the outstanding violence cases with local looting and murder but that's about all.
The family want justice and rightly so,they should have it but I guess it will depend on what cooperation they get from LE down there as well.
I posted this yesterday and there have been over 1800 hits, so people are very concerned of course. I just hope the Mexican LE do not drop the ball on this.
My heart goes out to the family and friends of Veronica.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 05:03:04 PM »
From my newsfeed on FB. Someone stated death was due to domestic violence by significant other. May Veronica rest in peace. Peace to all her family and friends. :(