Author Topic: MISSING 18 yr OLD RORI HACHE - FOUND MURDERED OSHAWA Sept /17  (Read 5274 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
MISSING 18 yr OLD RORI HACHE - FOUND MURDERED OSHAWA Sept /17
« on: November 12, 2017, 12:26:00 AM »
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/11/09/police-investigate-orso-found-in-oshawa-in-september-is-of-missing-teenager.html

Torso found in Oshawa Harbour in September is that of missing teen
Durham police say Rori Hache was reported missing by her family in August. A torso, located a month after in the Oshawa Harbour, belongs to the 18-year-old, investigators said Thursday evening.

A female torso found at the Oshawa Harbour in September is that of an 18-year-old teen who went missing a month before, Durham police said on Thursday.

At around 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 11, a fisherman in the Simcoe St. and Harbour Rd. area notified police that he had found a torso in the water.

When police arrived, they confirmed that the torso, which showed signs of significant trauma, was that of a female.

The city?s homicide unit took over the investigation.

After conducting a DNA examination, Durham police said the torso belonged to Rori Hache, of Oshawa, who had been reported missing by her family since Aug. 29.

Her death is the eighth homicide in the Durham region this year.

?I love her,? Hache?s godmother, Krysia Meeldyk told Oshawa This Week when the teen went missing.

Hache had had a challenging childhood, but had begun to establish herself, and had her own income and apartment, Meeldyk said. The teen frequented Oshawa?s downtown core and was a regular at The Refuge, a youth centre downtown.

Durham police were not able to provide further details on Hache?s death. Nor did they say if they have any suspects.

With files from Oshawa This Week

Read more about: Oshawa

jellybean

• View Profile
Re: MISSING 18 yr OLD RORI HACHE - FOUND MURDERED OSHAWA Sept /17
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:38:19 AM »
This is a parent's nightmare - How horrible!

http://www.cp24.com/news/teen-who-met-tragic-end-remembered-for-being-kind-to-everyone-1.3672946

The family of a teen whose remains were located in Oshawa are remembering her as a brilliant and beautiful person.

An 18-year-old confirmed dead earlier this week is being remembered by her family as a beautiful woman who was ?kind to everyone.?
On Sept. 11, officers were called to the area of Simcoe Street South and Harbour Road at around 8:30 p.m. after a fisherman reported sighting a floating torso in the Oshawa lakefront.
DNA testing helped Durham Regional Police identify the remains as belonging to Oshawa-resident Rori Hache.

Police have identified a torso found near the Oshawa Harbour as 18-year-old Rori Hache. (Durham Regional Police)
 oshawa

Speaking with CTV News Toronto on Friday about the incident, Hache?s godmother Krysia Meeldyk said she does not understand how this could have happened.

She's beautiful, vivacious, smart, she said. We were just having a discussion last night when we were sitting around and remembering her fondly obviously that out of the children she was the smarty-pants. It didn't matter ' nothing fazed her and if you had something to say you had to go into another room just to make sure she didn't hear you because she just swallowed information.

Meeldyk said Hache was a very active member in the Oshawa community as she participated in many events. Her family and the Oshawa community centre she frequented grew concerned after she stopped showing up for a while.
She was there all the time so when she did not show up -- we're talking almost two weeks at that point -- he said that he had been going by her apartment to see if she was okay and he asked me to do the same. She just wasn't there ' she wasn't coming back, Meeldyk said.

Hache was reported missing after one of the guidance counsellors contacted Meeldyk saying he had not seen her and it was out of character for her.
Hache lived in her own apartment and supported herself financially, Meeldyk said.
The teen was last seen on Aug. 29 and a news release regarding her disappearance was issued by Durham police on Sept.18.

After the torso was discovered in the Oshawa harbour, Meeldyk said they continued to search for Hache as they did not want to believe it was her.

I didn?t take that too well but how do you tell your mind that it's her. You don't. You believe that she is okay. That moment was pretty significant for me,? she said.
I just wanted her to come home.

Just days before police announced they had identified Hache, 600 missing person flyers were sent out to various nearby communities in an effort to locate her.

The search for the teen may be over, but Meeldyk said she is continuing to help Durham police any way she can.
Obviously, I want to assist (police) in finding the person responsible for this horrendous act of violence and for taking my goddaughter, she said.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to build a bench in the teen's memory.

Kayla Goodfield, CP24.com
Published Friday, November 10, 2017 6:17PM EST
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 12:45:26 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 03:18:09 PM »
It might be difficult in finding suspects, as she knew so many people.  Unless someone makes a call to police.......

jb

2soccermom

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:54:01 AM »
Such a loss -- she was so young, with so much promise, in turning her life around. May Rori rest now in peace.
Heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

It's quite disturbing to read about the other young people from the area who are missing or murdered. Rori's friend Dominik Prusinski gave an address for his assailant before he died of his injuries; surely that must be a significant lead for LE?

Is Rori's case connected or are these unrelated crimes?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 05:38:31 PM »
Rori's friend Dominik Prusinski gave an address for his assailant before he died of his injuries; surely that must be a significant lead for LE?

soccermom, sounds like there is a vendetta going on.  And for the mother to have a house fire? -  really scary.

Such unbelievable violence all around.  This person is dangerous as far as the treatment of Rori - and all of the rest might be connected.

Too much of a coincidence for me -

What is going on in Durham County?

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »
The violence that young people are subject to is horrendous! They are not only at risk of drug lords, trafficking of all types, and even violence in among their own age groups.  Is there any hope for this generation who will eventually be taking over, and expected to run things as the population ages?

I realize that there are many youth who remain untouched by this, and it is them that will have to come up with the answer.  So far, our generation is failing.

I, certainly do not have an answer, but it is obvious to me that for every one "saved", there are many more that take their place.  We keep pouring tax payers money into it, and still do not make any major headway.

We need a different approach.  But what approach?
Parenting. today, must be an enormous challenge.
Too many traps that a youngster can fall into..... and secrecy is the youth's "code of honor"

Just my feeling on the matter.

jb

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:31:43 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 01:10:48 PM »
Did this girl have a chance? There are no suspects.

https://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/7948256-murdered-oshawa-teen-rori-hache-was-too-afraid-to-talk-before-she-disappeared-uncle-says/

Murdered Oshawa teen Rori Hache was too afraid to talk before she disappeared, uncle says
Harley Guindon, uncle of murdered Durham teen Rori Hache, says he could sense something was wrong the last time he saw her
NEWS Nov 22, 2017 by Peter Edwards  Oshawa This Week

OSHAWA ? Uncle of murdered Durham teen Rori Hache says he could sense something was wrong the last time he saw her.

Harley Guindon says he could sense his niece Rori Hache was too afraid to talk when he hugged her one last time in late August.

?It was the largest hug I ever got in my life,? said Guindon, 32, proprietor of Harley G?s clothing store on Simcoe St. S. in Oshawa. ?It was heartbreaking, astounding.?

A few days later, Rori, 18, vanished from downtown Oshawa. A few weeks after that, at around 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 11, a fisherman in the Simcoe St. S. and Harbour Rd. area found a torso in the water.

RELATED CONTENT

Public memorial service planned Dec. 9 for Oshawa murder victim Rori Hache

Family of murdered Oshawa teen Rori Hache appeals for support for funeral costs

Const. George Tudos of Durham Regional Police said on Wednesday that there was no update on the case.

Since her disappearance, Guindon said he keeps thinking about the final hug from Rori, just before she vanished. Did she know someone dangerous was closing in on her?

?The way she clung to me just before her disappearance was not usual,? Guindon said.

That hug left him feeling oddly helpless, Guindon said. That?s an odd feeling for him. He?s a Hells Angel biker with a lengthy jail and prison record for drug offenses and a tattoo on his back announces his fight record while behind bars - 41 wins and no losses.

On the day of her last hug, Guindon said she seemed to feel cornered and afraid to even talk about what was going on in her life.

She had lived with him and his family last year when he was under house arrest on drug charges. She also spent much of her time in Oshawa?s downtown core and frequented The Refuge, a youth centre downtown.

Guindon said he had just given Rori and her mother $1,000 to help with living expenses. He had also bought her new shoes and clothes.

Still, he said he wonders if he could have done something else and somehow saved her.

?Maybe she wanted me to take her with me but she didn?t say anything. I didn?t know how to help her.?

She was slim and 5-foot-4 and Guindon said she seemed smaller and younger the last time he saw her.

?There must have been something wrong going on at the end,? Guindon said. ?She had given up and was clinging onto me for love and support.?

?It was a special hug ? (as if to say) I love you ? at the end.?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:26:59 PM by jellybean »

2soccermom

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 12:36:45 PM »
It is now confirmed that the remains found in the Oshawa basement of Adam Jeffrey Strong also belong to Rori --
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/01/05/body-parts-found-oshawa-basement-missing-woman/
Strong remainsin police custody as the investigation continues.
My heart goes out to Rori's family and friends once more and particularly at this time.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »

Adam Jeffrey Strong was a tenant in her bldg.  I can't copy it.  Found on CP24.

jb

2soccermom

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »
hey JB --
I think the info might be that Strong was a basement tenant in the home where the remains were found? There is another young woman whose relatives had fairly newly rented the floor above AS, and she has been posting some info on social media about AS and the circumstances leading to LE's involvement. But I don't think Rori and AS lived in the same building. Rather, this statement appears in several news accounts: "Hache frequented The Refuge Youth Outreach Centre which is just two blocks from the basement apartment where the grisly discovery was made" (http://www.680news.com/2018/01/05/body-parts-found-oshawa-basement-missing-woman/)

2soccermom

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 03:12:19 PM »
Strong has not yet been charged with murder, but a Cstble reporting to CP24 suggests charges may follow subsequent to a 30-day search of the home: "Hopefully that will conclude with some sort of homicide charges" (https://www.cp24.com/news/remains-in-oshawa-home-belong-to-woman-whose-torso-was-found-in-harbour-1.3747246)

2soccermom

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 08:35:54 AM »
From the Toronto Sun:

"How the pretty redhead's path crossed with Strong's is unknown and investigators are keeping their cards close to their chest.

But his troubled route to potential murder suspect was allegedly triggered by a split in 2016 with a girlfriend.

'His ex-girlfriend cheated on him and afterwards she moved in with me and my former roommate in Oshawa,' one source who didn't want to be identified told the Toronto Sun.

The relationship came off the rails, the source alleged, because 'Adam was controlling and abusive, often choking her out and forcing himself on her tiny 100-or-so- pound frame.'

The Sun source described the woman as a timid wreck who frequented a local Tim Hortons for a break from 'the filth' and his 'watchful eye'"
(http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/rori-hache-dismemberment-suspect-controlling-and-abusive)

To answer the question about other online profiles and postings, the same source indicates that "A man named Adam Strong also wrote reviews on fetish fiction on X-rated website RabbitsReviews.com, two four-star reviews were for tomes called Sex Addicts Anonymous and Tales from the Milk Tank Dairy Co."

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 12:12:23 PM »
Thanks soccermom for the update.

What a sick world we live in. 

I wonder if it will ever clean itself up = this Strong is beyond heaving the hashtag Metoo at him.

I hope that his ex has learned to avoid such relationships.  There are women who like abusive relationships, until they get too rough.  I don't know if she is one of them.  I hope not.

jb

2soccermom

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »
JB, I agree! Sick indeed. Devastating, really.
The article suggests the ex-girlfriend was very precariously positioned; she was homeless and a recovering addict. I think sadly structural circumstances made her vulnerable to AS -- yet somehow thank goodness she managed to leave despite the odds. I'm sure that took immense courage and significant risk of its own. I can only imagine how she is feeling now. I hope she's getting support from friends and family.
Maybe it's an issue of wording, but I don't really think anyone enjoys abusive relationships; people are often stuck in them for inordinately complex reasons. In relation to bdsm: as I understand things, folks in those kinds of fetish communities would descibe abusive relationships as themselves an abuse of bdsm practices, since ultimately and overall respect and consent must be carefully negotiated before relations are established. I've never practiced bdsm and it is not something I have an iota of interest in, other than that I have read about marginalized sexual practices and media scapegoating. But I think people in those communities are as horrified by real-life non-consensual violence as any of us.
I'd say AS preyed on vulnerable subjects. Rori Hache was someone who was working hard to "turn her life around" as the expresion gets repeated and recover from addiction -- so "vulnerable" really only covers the concept of her struggles and challenges. By all counts she was a vivacious, creative, beautiful spirit. She deserved enormously more dignity than the the circumstances of her disappearance and death. I agree with you that AS's actions are absolutely monstrous.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:26:10 PM by 2soccermom »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 04:38:49 PM »
well said, well explained soccermom.  No one could disagree.

The sick person who did these terrible things, also suffered physical abuse as a child, so he claims.

I so worry about young girls and women who come from a background of abuse, and end up in further abuse as adults. While Prostitution is a familiar example, some females feel such lack of worth that they will accept abuse as they feel for some sick reason that they deserve it. Then again, we have women who leave an abusive relationship and return to their Man, because they Love him.  How can anyone explain it?? Where is the Logic??
Somehow these type of people run into each other, I do not mean to suggest that abuse was a part of Rori's young life.  Sick people will attack anyone vulnerable, and they do end up very often with like minded individuals.  Bernardo is one.

In the case of AS, he used bdsm as a cover. I hope the women who escaped from the plans that he had for them, and I do believe there were others, will seek help.

jb

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:33:47 PM by jellybean »