Author Topic: Lynne Harper - 1959 - Murdered - Clinton  (Read 19868 times)

Desespere

Lynne Harper - 1959 - Murdered - Clinton
« on: September 23, 2007, 11:01:49 AM »
Now that Steven Truscotte has been acquitted of Lynne's sexual assault and murder, I'm posting this here as an unsolved homicide.

Here are some details at the link

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=05952e5f-d90d-4fe9-9da0-a40d10f58c91&p=2

I want to note that three months to the date before Lynne was last seen - June 9, 1959 - and found June 11, 1959 strangled with her own blouse in Clinton, ON, one hour north of London, ON and near the waters of Lake Erie, also an air force base, a young girl was murdered in Toronto. Patricia Lupton was murdered on March 9, 1959. She too was strangled with a piece of her own clothing, a scarf. Sexual assault was attempted but not successful, she was found in a snowbank less than 2km from her home.

There are several cases of girls being strangled with their own clothing in this and the next decade in and around Ontario, such as ohio and michigan. Sound to me like the killer responsible for Lynne might also be responsible for Patricia.

I hope they reopen Lynne's murder and try to find the real killer.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 02:48:15 PM by Desespere »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Lynne Harper - 1959 - Murdered - Clinton
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 11:41:19 AM »

I remember reading a while back, a long while back, that there were sex offenders in the area when that little girl went missing. I don not believe Stephen Truscott did it. He was, what 12, 13, and he gave the girl a ride,on his bike.

There were also vehicles around that area.I read, there were a couple of sex offenders were let out. It was along time ago, but the book covered a lot of basis for me.

This, other than the fact he was the last with her, so they say. I say the killer was the last person and, had his life ruined, by over jealous cops, that just wanted the crime solved, What evidense did the have at all,did they check for wheel marks, fingerprints, whatever?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:29:37 AM »
Wow! I did not know that. THis is why the police should hire you to investigate these things. These are rare crimes for that era, and they all are simular and relativly close to each other. Good job! (Police.... please take note of Desespere's work here.)

Now that Steven Truscotte has been acquitted of Lynne's sexual assault and murder, I'm posting this here as an unsolved homicide.

Here are some details at the link

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=05952e5f-d90d-4fe9-9da0-a40d10f58c91&p=2

I want to note that three months to the date before Lynne was last seen - June 9, 1959 - and found June 11, 1959 strangled with her own blouse in Clinton, ON, one hour north of London, ON and near the waters of Lake Erie, also an air force base, a young girl was murdered in Toronto. Patricia Lupton was murdered on March 9, 1959. She too was strangled with a piece of her own clothing, a scarf. Sexual assault was attempted but not successful, she was found in a snowbank less than 2km from her home.

There are several cases of girls being strangled with their own clothing in this and the next decade in and around Ontario, such as ohio and michigan. Sound to me like the killer responsible for Lynne might also be responsible for Patricia.

I hope they reopen Lynne's murder and try to find the real killer.

amIam

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
I was a 9 year old living in a rural farmland area close to Saint John, NB when 14 yr old Steven Truscott was charged with Lynne Harper's murder.  It was huge news in the media down there and for me, a little kid, and a girl, I was scared skinny.  I remember much talk amongst my parents and other adults about this case.  Perhaps more sensible journalism was being reported there but I remember the adult consenses being that "this poor boy was being railroaded"  My parents were beside themselves when Steven Truscott was convicted and sentenced to hang.
At any rate and perhaps as a result of being old enough to recall this crime as have many Canadians, I have followed this along over the years.  Thankfully, Steven Truscotts death sentence was commuted, otherwise we would never have known the details of the facts in this case.
Sadly though, no one else was every charged with the murder of Lynne Harper.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »
I came upon this site today and the information on it blew me away.  I had always convinced myself that Alexander Kalichuk was Lynne Harper.s killer - not Steve Truscott.  What stumps me is why the military went to such lengths to keep Kalichuk out of jail if it wasn't him????  The military knew he was a serial rapist/pedophile...if they had any integrity, they would have put him in a mental institute themselves to protect the public.

....now I read about these three brothers! .... Why am I not surprised this was kept under wraps?....seems the worse these animals are, the more the "system" protects them.  It's like the police want to get somebody put away real quick; before the neighborhood went into vigilante mode or something similar.....plus, they didn't want to have to work in the heat for the rest of the summer.... plain and simple imo.  forlks just go to the link below and read the material available.  The following note is just one item that caught me real quick.

http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=Alexander+Kalichuk&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=PLYSTOXXDsOblgehtYSRCA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CB0QsAQwAw
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:55:54 PM by lostlinganer »

amIam

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
I have read every book that was ever printed regarding Lynne Harpers murder and the rail roading of Truscott.  I have also read all the court documents and the recant of the coroner.  Good grief, he was 14 yrs old at the time and was sentenced to hang!

It has always been my opinion that this was yet another military cover up.  The military knew full well that Alexander Kalichuk was the perp.  The records show this.  Wherever he was posted, young women seemed to turn up dead.  They kept shifting him from base to base.  At one point prior to Lynne's murder he was based here in Trenton and caught during in some indecent act .he was fined 10 dollars.  Gawd only knows what he did but it made it's way above the military cover and was public..and that was was back in the 50's. 

Sleuth

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 08:18:09 AM »
Hi Buster,

Could you please provide proof that GF lived or taught school in the Clinton area in 1959?  I would find this most interesting.

Thanks,
Have faith

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 03:11:56 PM »
Thanks for your reply Buster.  I'll need more than hearsay from those posters and I need help in finding record of GF's teaching history before he came to London.  I do know that he graduated with his teaching certificate from Stratford, not from the Normal School in London.

Any help would be appreciated in this regard.  Perhaps the London facebook posters could provide some further info.  I do not use facebook.

Thanks,

Hf

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »

Here is his profile from the Ontario College of Teachers:

http://www.oct.ca/PublicRegister/memberDetails.aspx?memberID=339150

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »
Hi All... A link posted by a friend on facebook regarding Lynne:

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/250921#.TslW3nYbQtM.facebook

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »
WOW. So many suspects and pedophiles around who could have killed Lynne according to that news article. This excerpt in particular is a jaw dropper and wish we knew more about this man and what year that would have been:

A minister and "accused sexual offender" who lived in Dungannon, a village just north of the Clinton base.

He has been accused of sexual assault by his grown daughters. One claims that when she was 6, she hid in her father's car and remained there when he took it out for a drive, stopped on a gravel road and opened the trunk. Moments later, she claims she saw him carrying the limp body of a girl towards a grassy, treed area, where he spent about a half an hour before returning to the car alone.

Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 11:51:56 PM »
Leona, I have read that this perp from Dungannon was an electrian and has fixed the family clothes dryer just before the murder....comments?

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 12:50:17 AM »
Well Buster, the article or the spacing in the article makes it ambiguous whether the man was a minister or not, but there was also mention of an electrician who happened to fix the dryer in the Harper home some time before the murder, so he too was a suspect.

Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 12:58:13 AM »
What was the name of the electrian who fixed the Harper's dryer?