Author Topic: Lynne Harper - 1959 - Murdered - Clinton  (Read 20034 times)

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Lynne Harper - 1959 - Murdered - Clinton
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 01:12:02 AM »
I suggest you click on the link to the article that was quoted above by another poster called chickepey. However, the article doesn't name the dryer repair man.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »

Thank you "Mom" for uploading GF's education history.  Hopefully, some info will come out of Clinton, as to whether he lived or taught there.  In the meantime there are other suspects I have never heard about, (other than Kalichuk) as noted in the Toronto Star article posted on this thread, Nov. 20.

amIam

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »
I suggest you click on the link to the article that was quoted above by another poster called chickepey. However, the article doesn't name the dryer repair man.

No the dryer repair man for the DND base was never named,  in any book, anywhere. 

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 08:35:18 PM »
On June 9, 2015 it will be 56 years since that night that Lynne Harper was picked up at the corner of the County Road and Highway 8.  Now with Steven Truscott exonerated from this crime, I wonder if they will ever be able to find the killer of this young 12 year old girl. This was a very brutal crime and a violent attack on a child. I can't believe that so many of these crimes go unsolved for so long. I was at Lynne's grave the other day in the village of Union, and I could not help but think of how senseless this murder was. Poor little girl,  RIP Lynne

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 08:49:01 PM »
How  very thoughtful and kind of you to go to Lynne's grave, Sunshine31. Her spirit would know that she is remembered by your very presence.

In my own opinion, whomever did this is probably no longer living in amongst us. There is always that Final Judgement that everyone has to face.  His may not be kind.
RIP little Lynn Harper.
jb
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:54:39 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 06:35:27 AM »
about the rumour of Lynn sleeping around with Airmen, I am not surprised. Meaning that bases were quick to gossip and often it was ugly.  My Dad was in the Air Force, and some old biddy saw me talking to a chap who was doing construction in the pmq's.  Sure enough, word got around that I slept with construction guys.  I was 12 years of age!!

Optics were everything.  I'll never forget that!!  Thankfully the rumour faded away. Guess they found some other child to pick on. 

We heard about Steven as well, we were transferred to France, and not one of us in my family believed it for a minute.  Having lived through a vicious rumour ourselves, we were quick to come to his defence to anyone on the base in France who believed such a thing. Luckily few believed it.

JB

George Fayne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 01:55:10 PM »
It seems that folks are so fixated on the whole Steven Truscott business that many details pertinent to the Lynne Harper case have been forgotten.  Her death was clearly part of a larger series of necrophiliac killings that seemed strangely common in Southwestern Ontario at this time.  She went missing on the evening of June 9th, 1959 and was discovered on the afternoon of June 11th, 1959.

To summarize some of the physical evidence*:

• She was discovered lying on her back, her right leg slightly turned, bent at the knee.  Her left leg was straight.  Her left arm lay across her chest, her right arm was bent at the elbow, her palm turned up near her head.
  • She only wore an undershirt, which was pulled up.
  • An assessment of her stomach contents initially placed her time of death at approximately midnight on June 10th.  This evidence is, of course, fairly contentious.
  • Wounds on her left leg, mud on her right foot suggest that she was dragged into the forest, over a barbed wire fence.  Her left shoulder was also wounded and a small amount of blood was discovered on the ground beneath it.  There was some blood on her underwear and shorts
  • Her shoes and socks had been removed
  • Her blouse was used as a garotte.
  • A button from her blouse was discovered by her left shoulder.
  • Her body may have been left on its left side for about an hour after death (this point also seems contentious).
  • Her locket was discovered, unclasped, hanging off of a barbed wire on the west edge of Lawson's bush.  It was discovered on June 19th.
  • A large piece of her blouse had been cut out and removed (nine by ten inches).
  • Footprints were found by her body.
  • Her clothing had been carefully removed and placed:  her shorts were discovered close to her elbow, her socks and hairband fifteen inches close to her head, her underwear was about 30 feet away from the body.  Her clothing was arranged in a neat manner.  Her shorts and underwear were not torn.
  • In the field nearby (about 70 feet away) police discovered a comb, two coke bottles, kleenex, and a half eaten hot dog.
  • The leaves and dirt around her body were undisturbed.
  • Three branches lay across her body; two were crossed over her chest in a V formation that framed her face.

My sources are:  Until You are Dead by Julian Sher, this document explaining the Ontario Court of Appeal's decision to exonerate Truscott, as well as this document detailing Truscott's 1967 appeal attempt (attached).

*which was notoriously mucked up in the Truscott investigation.  This, of course, confuses things.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:38:39 PM by George Fayne »