Author Topic: Joshua Maxwell Slauenwhite | 29 | Farmington, NS | August 4, 2017  (Read 2424 times)

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
FARMINGTON | The Lunenburg District RCMP is asking for the local public's assistance in locating missing 29 year old Joshua Maxwell Slauenwhite out of the Farmington, Nova Scotia area.

Joshua was was last seen at home at 4 pm on August 4, 2017.

He may be wearing shorts or sweat pants and a dark shirt.
It is noted that Joshua does not have access to a motor vehicle.

JOSHUA IS DESCRIBED AS:
ETHNICITY: Caucasian.
HAIR: Dark, short.
HEIGHT: 6 feet 4 inches.
BUILD: Heavy.
OTHER: Tattoo on his hands "Love & Hate", also "Yoshi" on right forearm and a tattoo of a feather on his leg.

JOSHUA MAXWELL SLAUENWHITE
DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING?
If you have any information in regards to Joshua's whereabouts, you are being asked to contact the Lunenburg District RCMP at 902-527-5555.

WANT TO STAY ANONYMOUS?
If you wish to remain anonymous with your information, you are welcome to call Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

http://atlantic.missing.report/joshua-maxwell-slauenwhite-farmington/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:34:47 AM by Besani »

Besani

• View Profile
Re: Joshua Maxwell Slauenwhite | 29 | Farmington, NS | August 4, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:41:10 AM »
Joshua is an ex boyfriend of mine and has been a good friend since we were 5 years old.
I am honestly heart broken right now.
His Mother Corrine hasn't stopped searching for him and they've been doing everything they possibly can to try to find out where he went.

Please come home Josh! ❤️

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »
I am very sorry to hear that you are missing a childhood friend Besani.  Hopefully he will reappear and will be found to be in good health.

Any relation to the Slauenwhite family of: Dawn Peacock?

jb

Besani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 07:56:53 PM »
Im not sure if they are related actually..

Josh, I dont know where you are, but if you somehow see this, I still care. Please come back. ❤️

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 09:28:28 AM »
Besani, is there any idea of what may have caused the disappearance? Was he happy at work? Personal life? Dating sites? Finanical crisis? Struggles? Any different routines or friends lately? Is there anything that the family of friends may know that can help people look for him? What kind of work does he do?

Besani

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »
Nobody knows why he disappeared. So many unanswered questions.

PLEASE COME HOME JOSH. ??

Besani

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 07:17:51 PM »
Nova Scotia RCMP are looking for a man from Lunenburg County who was last seen in August 2017.

According to the Mounties, Joshua Sluenwhite, 29, was last seen on Aug. 4, 2017, at a convenience store in Farmington, N.S., which he left on foot, walking towards New Germany, N.S.

Slauenwhite is approximately six-feet-four-inches tall and weighs 260 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes and at the time he was last seen had short hair and a trimmed beard.

Joshua Slauenwhite was last seen on Aug. 4, 2017 at a convenience store in Farmington, N.S.

He has a tattoo of a feather on his leg and was last seen wearing a dark shirt and shorts and was carrying a black bag.

Police are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to contact RCMP at 902-527-5555.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4107791/rcmp-missing-lunenburg-county/?utm_source=GlobalHalifax&utm_medium=Facebook

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »
snipped

was last seen on Aug. 4, 2017, at a convenience store in Farmington, N.S., which he left on foot, walking towards New Germany, N.S.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I am sorry to learn that your friend Josh has not been located, Besani.
Has he ever disappeared for short periods of time before?

I have many questions  and perhaps you do not know the answers - but here goes....
 He was last seen at home at 4 pm in first article.  Very confusing.... Where was he last see- home? or store?

How far away is New Germany? Is the distance walkable?

\Was he known to hitch hike?

Was he a loner?

Any electronic activity since he went missing?

What is the gut feeling of the family?

Did he live away from his family?

Was he employed at the time?

So many questions..... such a mystery.

jb
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:31:43 PM by jellybean »

Besani

• View Profile

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
This is a very tragic situation.  I should be mortified, however I am not.  The lack of mental health care in our country is appalling.

It should be a number one priority for our nation.  Families have suffered terribly.... and society loses in the end.

This man and his mother have pleaded for help, both from the medical community, and the law.  It has fallen on deaf ears..

She is not alone in this..... There are thousands of family's whos  pleas for mental health care for their loved ones go unnoticed and ignored. The patient receives a patch up treatment, released without appropriate follow up and care.  The fact that this young man became addicted to Dr's prescription is not uncommon. 
All too often it is the family who are left to cope with their loved one on their own.

Because of Joshua's illness, he is vulnerable to mishaps, or harm inflicted
 to self or being taken advantage of  by others.  All the more reason why starting the search quickly, rather than drag feet.

"Special People" deserve special concern and effort to  locate them as soon as possible.

This mother has been through enough.  She needs all of the help that she can get.

The people of Nova Scotia should be outraged at Joshua's treatment and the lack of support from law enforcement in the search for her beloved son. As a mother,  I find it an insult that the police cannot pick up the phone and give the mother a call.

Both the Federal and Provincial Governments have the ability to make changes in the mental health field  quickly, if they desire to do so. 

Seems their half hearted attempts have failed.  A strong push and commitment for improvement is sorely needed in this country, and it is time that elected officials sit up and take notice.

Let us hope that this news article is published across Canada for all to read and to understand. :'(
Mental illness can strike any family.... at any time...

jb
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:44:26 PM by jellybean »