Author Topic: Camping ... a thing of the past soon?  (Read 593 times)

Sap1

• View Profile
Camping ... a thing of the past soon?
« on: June 30, 2017, 12:09:31 PM »
Can't even enjoy a weekend relaxing and enjoying nature.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/armed-robbery-suspects-masked-drayton-valley-rcmp-brazeau-dam-campsite-quad-1.4184230

Alberta RCMP are searching for three "armed and dangerous" suspects after a trio of masked men attempted to rob a group of unsuspecting campers at gunpoint.

The unsuccessful hold-up happened June 28 at the Brazeau Dam Provincial Park campground, about 60 kilometres southwest of Drayton Valley, RCMP said in a news release on Thursday.

That morning at about 8 a.m. some campers awoke to the sound of a truck backing into their campsite.

Three masked men

As the victims stepped out their trailer, a man pointed a rifle at them while another attempted to steal their flat-deck trailer, along with two quads, by attaching the hitch to a truck.

A third man remained in the driver seat of the suspect vehicle.

But when the suspects were unsuccessful in attaching the trailer to the truck, the would-be thieves got back into their vehicle and sped off.

Nothing was stolen and no one was hurt, police said.

white mid 2000s 4-door Ford F-350 with a long box, diesel engine, and tinted side windows.

Police believe the attempted robbery is connected to a break and enter in Nordegg, Alta. a few hours earlier.

The suspects are considered dangerous and should not be approached, RCMP said.

Investigators are asking anyone with information on the case to contact police or Crime Stoppers.

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Camping ... a thing of the past soon?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:20:31 PM »
Very traumatic for the campers. If that was in the US, there would be three dead masked men, because most Americans have guns they pack with them all the time. I would say this camper will be packing a pistol if he goes camping again. I have no desire  to camp either, considering the way life is today. I do hope they get those thieves and get them off the street. They definitely are a danger to the public. :o :o :o :o :o