Someone Knows Something - CBC
Podcast By David Ridgen, an award-winning filmmaker

Sign The Petition!

Help find Sheryl Sheppard

Author Topic: Unsolved murder - Suzanne Blanchard (nee Lagasse)- Aug.09, 1982 in Montreal, Qc  (Read 666 times)

mariboo9

• View Profile
At the age of 37, Suzanne Blanchard was kidnapped, in Montreal, QC, on August 09, 1982, at the corners of St-Hubert and St-Gregoire street. She was last seen after being dropped off by a work colleague, around 6h45pm. She was going to pick up her car, which was parked on the street, in front of her boyfriend's garage (La Garagerie - 900 St-Gregoire street) less than 50 meters from where she was dropped off. Her body was recovered 4 days later, August 13th, in the waters of Lac St-Louis, east of Montreal (in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue). 35 years later, her case remains unsolved. Someone knows something, and I am trying to share her story publicly in the hopes to get more information. I am looking for anyone who worked at la Garagerie or Garage Turgeon at 900 St-Gregoire, Montreal or at L'Ecuyer Pneus et Mecanique at 750 St-Gregoire, Montreal, in the late 70's and early 80's. I beieve someone who worked there may be an important witness. I'm also looking for persons who may have worked with my mother at les Films 24, or PNMD (same period of time). Please write to me if you have any helpful information, or know persons of interest. Or you may call Montreal Police at : 514-393-1133. You can see my Facebook page in memory of my mother by searching:  Cold Case: Suzanne Blanchard
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:11:20 PM by mariboo9 »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
mariboo9 - I found this link for others to read regarding your mother Suzanne.

http://theresaallore.com/2017/05/suzanne-blanchard-august-9-1982-wkt-23/

In looking at her picture.  A beautiful looking woman, and no doubt talented since she worked at Les Films 24, which is a serious filming industry.

Bless you, and I hope that you receive replies that bear the information you are looking for.

I hope that readers will also click on the facebook page that you set up for your mother, and it is found within the provided link.

There is so much information there, as to her movements, her  circumstances and so on.
You might also think of copying and pasting this information onto your Mother's thread here on Unsolved, so that more eyes can read it. Every bit helps.
This is indeed a tragic mystery ----

You just never know......who will stumble upon your mother's thread and have a few answers.

JB

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:35:05 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
  I wonder why her ex reported her missing three days after she disappeared, since her car was parked right underneath his nose outside of his commercial garage.  Was he away at the time?

And the killer took her on a 45 minute drive, she may have been alive during that time, as the autopsy said that she drowned and might have been unconscious when thrown in the river.
Seems to me, the killer was familiar with that area. just my opinion.
Was your mother familiar with that area as well?

jb
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:42:24 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
When her ex bf reported her missing, over three days after seen, paddle boaters discovered her body a few hours later.

Why did she drop off her car at her bf garage - was it to be repaired?
She was to pick up her car between 6:30 - 7 pm.  What time did she drop her car off?
She was seen on the corner from the garage?  Did she arrange for someone to pick her up with the intent to return at 6:30 pm?

jb
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:01:58 PM by jellybean »

mariboo9

• View Profile
Hi Jellybean. Just read your posts. Thank you for reading and caring about my mother's story. Today is the 35th anniversary of her death. I continue to hope to get any helpful information that  could help to resolve her case so that my mom can get some justice and rest in peace. Thank you again for your interest.

mariboo9

• View Profile
Btw Jellybean. How do you know about les Films 24?