Author Topic: Serial sex offender bumped off national registry to protect his privacy  (Read 4024 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
I wonder what the heck is wrong with BC?????

This is why the sex offender list was created, to prevent sick freaks like him from being able to hid from his past! What utter ignorace! How much did he have to pay to get this?
------------------------------------------------
Serial sex offender bumped off national registry to protect his privacy
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iRL2BbhniXq8Z8-6Uu4pFgqLcPTw

NANAIMO, B.C. (CP) ? A former Vancouver Island doctor who served a four-year jail term for sexually assaulting patients has had his name removed from the national sex offender registry.

The 63-year-old man, identified only as "S", successfully argued in B.C. Supreme Court that keeping his name on the registry for the minimum 20-year period is a significant violation of his privacy.

Numerous psychological reports indicate the man is unlikely to commit further offences because he no longer practices medicine and all his victims were former patients who complained after inappropriate breast or pelvic examinations.

One of the convictions also involved sexual intercourse with a patient.

The man has returned to the Island community where the assaults occurred between 1977 and 1996 and is now working for a brother-in-law, but fears he will never find work elsewhere if his name remains on the sex offender registry.

Justice Catherine Bruce has accepted the man's arguments that, because he is a low risk to re-offend, there is no public interest served in keeping his name on the registry for what amounts to the rest of his life.

The court has ruled "S" has completed his sentence and can't be punished further as he tries to find work outside the medical field, so the impact on him - if he remains on the registry - is grossly disproportionate to the public benefit of helping police investigate sex crimes.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Serial sex offender bumped off national registry to protect his privacy
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »

Quote from Chris. It is so true, and I never knew how to put it into words.

Pretty strange people these pedophiles are. Rapists know they are wrong, but pedophiles seem to think they are not doing anything wrong.

There appears to be a ped movement going on world wide. When the Catholic Church was exposed, more came out of the woodwork. Groups, affiliations, camps, daycares, schools, you name it. World wide Ped Rings.They often believe that if done in a loving and kind manner, the child will like it, They sometimes think the child wants it, like the child is a seducer!!!!!!!

I think a lot of us are way better to recognize the signs of a molested child, or one who is actively being molested, especially in a incest situation.Even a baby sitting situation. There has to be some part of the peds brain, that is really twisted, as the morals, concience just isn't there. Another thing, they never say their sorry!.

Will get back later. I am glad you put this topic up, Chris!!! ;D

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:57:59 PM »
You know Adrian, I think most pedophile groups are being dismantled. The good old days for them are over, they are falling fast.

I read this site in which a real pedophile said they can find each other because they 'Can Tell' which men are there for the kids.

And I read on a pedophile liberation website  where they even go as far as to say the kid was flirting with them! !!!!

They are never sorry, they think they have the right to do this. See how many creeps show up on AMW and pretend to be a concerned citizen who wants pedophiles rights to be respected and they downplay the affects of pedophilia?

I posted that 152 kids in the USA are murdered by pedo's and likely that at least another 152 are murdered but still considered missing. I was jumped for that comment, called an alarmist etc.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 08:34:20 PM »
I bet every other sex offender will want off that list now too.

One thing that I have learned by reading that the pedophile rights people on amw say, is that the sex offender list seem more of thing they hate then the jail sentence. They feel they cannot quietly move on with their lives and are turned down for jobs they want.

This tells me the sex offender list must be effective. IF they hate it that much, it must prevent them from seeking out new victims!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 02:16:44 PM »

SEX OFFENDER RELEASED:::A WARNING FROM THE COPS!!! Untreated, and violent. Great, another one!! UGHHHH....

City cops have issued a warning over a convicted sex offender who may be looking to shack up in Edmonton.

According to police, James Michael Monias, 52, was recently released from the Edmonton Remand Centre after being sentenced to four years for two counts of assault causing bodily harm and sexual assault.

And he's expressed interest in living in the Edmonton area.

Monias is considered by police to be a violent and untreated sexual offender who poses a risk of significant harm to the community.

Monias is a violent offender, whose most recent conviction was the sexual assault of girl.

Monias is Metis, stands five-foot-11, and weighs 170 pounds. He's got black hair and brown eyes.

Police say they released the warning to "enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures" and not to encourage vigilante action.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 11:17:31 AM »

THIS GUY IS TROUBLE::::

Click on Link for picture, pls.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2007/09/21/pf-4513864.html

A violent offender recently released from prison is likely planning to live in Edmonton, city police are warning.

James Monias, 52, was sentenced in January to four years in prison on two counts of assault causing bodily harm and one count of sexual assault for offences committed in early 2004.

Because he got three years' credit for time spent in pre-trial custody, he has already qualified for release, and police say he has expressed interest in living in Edmonton.

A judge declared him a long-term offender in January, meaning Monias will be under supervision for 10 years.

That designation came after psychiatrists deemed him to be a high risk to reoffend violently.

Monias has 62 convictions on his criminal record for offences including robbery, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon and several attacks on spouses.

In the 2004 incident, he grabbed a boy and a girl by the neck at a city home and carried them to their bedroom, nearly causing one child to become unconscious.

He also kissed the young girl on the lips, court heard.

In a separate case that went to trial in 2004, a jury convicted him of stabbing his mother-in-law during a fight with his wife two years earlier.

Police believe Monias to be an untreated sexual offender.

He is described as being five-foot-nine and 170 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Court heard he had a difficult childhood, including being institutionalized for behavioural problems.

He later received a $500,000 settlement from the province as a result of his time at the institution.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:20:46 AM by Adrian »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 11:38:52 AM »
What is the registry for if not for this case? Gee whiz, we don't want him to work with patients anymore, he should work somewhere else.

judges do not understand the mind of a sex offender.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 11:47:06 AM »
Just like driinking and driving and domestic violence in the 70's and 80's, they were really much the same then.