Author Topic: Missing/Suspicous - Jennifer Hillier-Penny | 38 YR | St. Anthony NFLD  (Read 3994 times)

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile

Jennifer Hillier-Penney's family members are holding out hope that the 38-year-old mother of two will be found alive, but her father admitted Wednesday that "it looks bleak."

Allan Hillier said "it's a mystery to me" what happened to his daughter, and added "we're worried sick."

An extensive search for Hillier-Penney has been underway since Thursday, Dec.1, and the RCMP acknowledged Wednesday morning that her disappearance is suspicious.
Couple having marital problems

It's been confirmed by multiple sources that Hillier-Penney and her husband were having marital problems, though police won't say whether the husband is a suspect.

There have been no arrests, and "because of the nature of the investigation, I can't get into any further details," RCMP spokesman Cpl. Trevor O"Keefe told CBC News Wednesday.

Hillier-Penney is the mother of two daughters, ages 20 and 15, and was last seen at the family home on Husky Drive in St. Anthony on the evening of Nov. 30.

She had been separated from her husband for roughly two months, and was living with her father in nearby St. Lunaire-Griquet.

Family members say she went back to the family home in St. Anthony to care for her youngest daughter for a few nights while her husband was away hunting.
Family fears for daughter's safety

When asked if he believes something bad has happened to his daughter, Hillier said, "it looks like it."

The family is anxiously awaiting answers, and police say the case is still very much a high priority.

"This matter is still an open and active investigation," O'Keefe said.

Police have conducted a ground and air search in St. Anthony and surrounding areas, and divers are expected to enter the harbour on Wednesday "to cover all the bases in the investigation," said O'Keefe.

Helicopter joins 5th day of search for missing St. Anthony woman

Ground search underway for missing St. Anthony woman

Police are asking people in St. Anthony to check their properties and for anyone with information about the disappearance to come forward.

GSAR_Mbr

Web URL: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/st-anthony-woman-suspicious-1.3884986

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Missing/Suspicous - Jennifer Hillier-Penny | 38 YR | St. Anthony NFLD
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 08:17:21 PM »
I just watched a special edition of The Fifth Estate regarding Jennifer's disappearance. If you go to YouTube and write in Jennifer's name, it is right there when you write The Fifth Estate.  My feeling is that someone definitely knows what happened to this woman and nobody has come forward. It is now 18 months since she disappeared and there has been no trace of her. The facts are not the best in the first stages of the investigation. You will note this when you listen to the CBC doing their interviews. The RCMP were not interviewed, they would not comment.  If I knew how to put the thread in here, I would. But you will have no problem finding it.  We urge anyone that knows anything about Jennifer's disappearance to come forward or call Crime Stoppers in your area, you don't have to give your name, just your information is all they want. My thoughts and prayers to her family and do hope that someone comes forward to give the family some peace of mind and give them some answers as to what happened to Jennifer. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »
Marriage breakup can cause trouble.  If she went back to their home, she could have placed herself in danger.

If they can locate her remains, this may be quickly solved.

jb

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 01:41:41 PM »
They live on the northern tip of Nfld. They have already gone through one brutal winter, because she has been missing for 18 months. I believe her husband is guilty of her disappearance. He is a fisherman, I do not believe they would find her body on land. I doubt if they ever will find her remains. He is as cool as a cucumber, talking about how strange it is she has disappeared. I believe they have to bring in special investigators and make this guy sweat. She should have never stayed in his home. She was afraid and she did not follow her gut feeling and she should have. I do hope they find her, but a year and a half gone by and not a trace of her anywhere. A botched up investigation at the getgo and just horrible police work on this case. The RCMP have to step it up on investigations such as this. If a spouse is missing and they know there is marital trouble there, they are not doing what they should be to solve these cases. There has been no comments on this site about this case and maybe some persons in the area do not know of this thread.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 02:17:01 PM »
In the tv episode you are probably given as much information and evidence as there will ever be. The police have gone very tight lipped on this one. There may actually be good reason. Note the brief window of opportunity the nite of her disappearance. Firstly she was coerced into staying at the family house by her  estranged husband. He had keys, he knew the neighbours activities and coming and going times. He had an alibi all arranged to place him miles away. One problem with this as a setup though, a daughter lived there.

So if this were a setup for murder, was it then just coincidental too that the daughter arrived at home late for curfew that night and just snuck in and went to bed avoiding her mother unaware that anything had happened in the meantime? Or is that where the questioning needs to go. Obviously a problem area in many aspects, however I doubt Dad is going to kill his daughter to silence a witness if she were. It stinks but this girl may be the only hope left for answers.   

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 03:40:22 PM »
There are a lot of unanswered questions, why did her husband comment that Jennifer was texting another man before she disappeared,  He would not know that unless he saw her telephone: cell phone was in the home where she disappeared. So that was a slip of the tongue and sort of nailed him to the cross, so to say.  The more he said, the more he hanged himself.  He was too calm, too matter of fact, like he had rehearsed it. But at the end of the conversation, low and behold he sunk his ship:  ("she was texting another man on her cell phone"). In my estimation, that was enough to take him in for serious questioning.  If the RCMP have not watched this news report and latched onto those comments, they all better resign from their positions.  It is open season on women lately.  My prayers to those who are trying to find Jennifer and hope this case does not go cold. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »
I agree Cape, for the same reasons though I don't think you will ever get anymore info from the husband.. He's prepared, you can't beat it out of him..

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 07:21:09 PM »
If the police did not inform him anything about her cell phone, well they are asleep at the swtich. They could have him in cuffs immediately, just by that comment and take him in for intensive interrogation. I believe he is  acting way too cool. So they should get cracking quick on this case and get some investigation going on cell phone, internet and friends he is close to and get to finding out where Jennifer is. Which her best friend and her employer definitely feels that Jennifer is deceased. I would say she is correct in her feelings. God bless the family and what they must be going through, when a person well and alive disappears without a trace. It has to be a great trauma to everyone.  If they can afford it, they should get a private investigator to delve into this before it gets too cold on the trail of this crime. :o :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 04:23:24 PM »
A very interesting episode on Investigative reports this evening. The reporter who gave the story on Jennifer before on his program, was notified by the Crown, not to give certain information on this case. Which he stated is unusual and knowing a little about legal court issues, I thought it was unusual also. He was told not to report anything. Well like he said, if someone was charged, then you can't report anything, but there are no suspects and no charges laid against anybody. So obviously the RCMP has asked this reporter to maybe not bring certain attention to this case, which is totally unusual, because there has been nobody charged.  He voiced his opinion and at 8:00 there is going to be an update on The Fifth Estate show, along with another story on there also. So he said they just notified him Friday of this information, the Crown. So he then had to leave out certain aspects of his report. It all sounds very odd to me.  The thing the RCMP don't want to focus on is, they botched the investigation and this is something the family said and those who were involved telling the story. So when a crime scene is not actively processed and secured, then it is a botched investigation. So it's time the RCMP owned up to their mistakes here, instead of blaming a reporter for helping a family, who asked him to come to Nfld and do a special report on Jennifer's disappearance.  I say congrats to the family, keep on going and don't stop for a minute, don't let this case go cold. A killer is walking amongst you and you all need to be afraid. The fact that nobody is in custody, no suspects, you have every reason to fear in a small community. God bless you and I hope that answers are forthcoming soon and that nobody intimidates you to keep quiet on your investigation. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(