Author Topic: Edmonton Unsolved Murders & Missing People  (Read 33965 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Edmonton Unsolved Murders & Missing People
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 12:52:38 AM »
HOly crap, that does seem to be very odd. Full moon connectoins all over the place. Wasn't there a movie called 21 recently with Jim Carey?

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »

DEs, This is great reporting, the dates and all. Even makes you think of cults, who study the Full moon, and various acts they perform. There are many groups, and a large part of ALL. ???  :( :( :(

Due to the investigators as well as profilers and the best minds in criminal matters, I also believe in the sexually, sadistic, homicidal maniac. I think there are a few of them, and they work in tandem, or with each other. Maybe they switch roles. I do think the occult, and the psycho killers, are apart.

Cults can be maintained by mind control, as well as many, many abuses, over time.Look at our foster care system.  >:(  >:(  >:(

PS I went near the river, where Chris, a freind, who said he heard voices, and such in the wind. Sure enuff, my room mate and I heard them.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 12:05:58 AM »
What I would love to learn is, has crime increased on full moons since the 60's? This seems to be when a lot of weird groups started and spread fast in the 70's. I thought they were on the decline, but maybe the internet has revived some of them???

BCBev

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »
Its almost an every-other-week pattern, which could be a wild weekend after payday, and also, the 20, 21, 22 is when welfare cheques come out, isn't it? 

Just an idea.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 04:27:35 AM »

Never even thought of that! I think Family Allowance Day, and the cheques out, by the 25th usually. Direct deposit. Mail on 26,27 etc...

So many of the victims, are also on Ritual Dates.Like the 21st.Patterns, it's hard to connect sometimes.We still have many missing women.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 04:19:49 AM »
MISSING for over a year:Stephanie Collins:

Stephanie, if you are ok, Please Call Home, or any friends.

By TAMAS VIRAG, SUN MEDIA
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2008/10/29/7236786-sun.html   

Friends and family of a 29-year-old Edmonton woman who disappeared without a trace nearly a year ago - after allegedly planning on going to Calgary and working for the Hells Angels - are finding few answers to their questions.

Stephanie Collins says she reported her sister, By TAMAS VIRAG, SUN MEDIA

Friends and family of a 29-year-old Edmonton woman who disappeared without a trace nearly a year ago - after allegedly planning on going to Calgary and working for the Hells Angels - are finding few answers to their questions.

Stephanie Collins says she reported her sister, Shannon Maureen Collins, missing after receiving information that she may have headed south to work for the infamous biker gang in December 2007.

"I was told that she was becoming a hooker for them," 20-year-old Stephanie said.

Stephanie said the last time she talked to Collins was in May 2007, when she had "three legitimate, good-working jobs."

Police have confirmed that they are investigating the matter as a missing persons case, but say they are not following any leads or tips.

According to EPS spokesman Patrycia Thenu, cops investigated a lead that Collins may be in Calgary, but came up empty-handed.

Thenu said Collins is known to police, but did not comment when asked if the woman was known to have engaged in a high-risk lifestyle.

Collins appears to have been relatively active on Facebook until the end of November 2007, after which no activity is shown.

Stephanie reported Collins, who is the mother of an 11-year-old boy, missing about a month ago, but says there have not been any major search efforts.

"I'm the first person to do anything," Stephanie said. "I've talked to a few people and I made the missing persons report to the cops."

She added that it's not out of character for Collins to leave without telling anyone.

Her friends, including some who have known Collins since elementary school, have lost contact with her since the end of last year. , missing after receiving information that she may have headed south to work for the infamous biker gang in December 2007.

"I was told that she was becoming a hooker for them," 20-year-old Stephanie said.

Stephanie said the last time she talked to Collins was in May 2007, when she had "three legitimate, good-working jobs."

Police have confirmed that they are investigating the matter as a missing persons case, but say they are not following any leads or tips.

According to EPS spokesman Patrycia Thenu, cops investigated a lead that Collins may be in Calgary, but came up empty-handed.

Thenu said Collins is known to police, but did not comment when asked if the woman was known to have engaged in a high-risk lifestyle.

Collins appears to have been relatively active on Facebook until the end of November 2007, after which no activity is shown.

Stephanie reported Collins, who is the mother of an 11-year-old boy, missing about a month ago, but says there have not been any major search efforts.

"I'm the first person to do anything," Stephanie said. "I've talked to a few people and I made the missing persons report to the cops."

She added that it's not out of character for Collins to leave without telling anyone.

Her friends, including some who have known Collins since elementary school, have lost contact with her since the end of last year.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 09:03:43 AM by Adrian »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 10:03:20 AM »
I don't get this! "Police have confirmed that they are investigating the matter as a missing persons case, but say they are not following any leads or tips". What's that about?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »
That is a very weird case, I wonder what is going on? I'll make a new thread frot his

maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 02:29:59 PM »
Edmonton June 14, 1994

Has the abduction, rape and murder of Tina McPhee by the predator her best friend's mother married when he was released from prison been discussed on this board?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 03:20:57 PM »
Nope. What are the details?

maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »
I find it remarkable that I can't find an actual newspaper clipping of the actual event.  What I have found is a posting by Tina's uncle following a story regarding police informing communities when a dangerous offender is released. 

June 14, 1994 Tina McPhee was walking home from school alone.  The man she knew as the father of her best friend offered her a ride home.  She accepted and was never again seen alive.

to quote Tina's uncle:

The man was Gary McAstocker, convicted of raping a 21-year old woman and sentenced to seven years in prison? He was released 36 months later and while on parole rammed his car into a vehicle driven by a 48-year old widow. He grabbed her, beat her and threatened her before she escaped.

In 1988 McAstocker was sentenced to four years and three months. In 1992 and 1993 the parole board concluded that if released McAstocker was "likely to commit an offense causing the death of or serious harm to another person''. Nevertheless, in February 1994 he was freed again. Four months later, on June 14, 1994, 14-year old Tina McPhee left her home in Edmonton to walk to school. She disappeared and McAstocker became the prime suspect. Just before he was to submit to police questioning he hanged himself."

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 03:33:58 PM »
That is really sad. It is exactly these kinds of cases that make me so ticked off. They knew he was going to harm someone and yet they gave him short sentences anyway. That poor child probably was not even aware of his past at all.

maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
Not only short sentences Chris.  A woman brought this man into the home she shared with her teenaged daughter and hid that from the community.  No doubt Tina was in the home many times.  In my opinion, this man's wife is as much to blame as the justice system.

Let me tell you of similiar circumstances that happened to the child of someone I used to know.  My friend's 3 year old daughter needed a babysitter and a friend of hers suggested that her 16 year old son could watch her in his own home.  Lo and behold the mother goes to get the child and walks in on sexual assault.  This boy already had a record for sexual assualt and not only did his mother not tell, she friggin' encouraged leaving a child with him.

Another item that appalled me was that the boy would be getting free counselling while the mother of the 3 year old would have to pay to take her daughter to a psychologist.   

maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 09:40:56 PM »
I'm really not certain of the protocol.  I notice that Adrian & Des seem to be the ones posting the names.  I found several on this site that aren't mentioned in this group.

http://www.albertamissingpersons.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=76

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 06:09:08 PM »
I can't seem to open that link. I will try later