Author Topic: Unsolved in California  (Read 2331 times)

Desespere

Unsolved in California
« on: September 14, 2007, 11:00:40 PM »
This case is from 1994 in Sacramento, California.
A stw was working the street outside her home. Parts of her dismembered body were found at the New Melonies Reservoir. This is similar to a few other cases. I had this in my research file - undatabased.

http://www.co.calaveras.ca.us/departments/da/murders.asp
In September of 1994 Sharalyn Murphy was living on Watt Avenue in Sacramento, California. She worked the Street in front of her home as a prostitute. She left her apartment one morning telling her boyfriend that she would be back in a little while. That was the last time that he saw Sharalyn.
In October of 1994 a portion of Sharalyn's dismembered body was found on the banks of the New Melonies Reservoir. Her body was found off of Camp 9 Road in December of 1994. A portion of her dismembered body has never been found.
Sharalyn's live in boyfriend and ex-boyfriend have been excluded as suspects.
Please help bring Sharalyn's killer to justice. Anyone having information should call;
- Detective Robert Mortimer of the Calaveras County Sheriff's Office (209)754-6500, or
- Detective Tom Memmer of the Tuolumne County Sheriff's Office at (209)533-5829, or
- John Crawford of the Calaveras County District Attorney's Office (209)754-6781, or
E-mail the Calaveras County District Attorney's Office

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved in California
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 11:48:30 PM »
Maybe there is something about reservoirs that are attractive to dump bodies? I just watched 2 different crimes shows this week, one a a dam and another a resivior (both solved)?

Anyway, I am working on the USA site at www.unsolved.ws, I will make note of any other simular ones I find. Is there any other details you want me to keep an eye on?