Author Topic: Harry Doyle - murdered in Philippines - 2013  (Read 9941 times)

jamesmusslewhite

• View Profile
Re: Harry Doyle - murdered in Philippines - 2013
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 06:03:37 PM »
   As I had posted before the residing judge had retired placing the trial on hold. His retirement proved to be rather brief as he was later murdered by a assassin. There was a lady judge who was assigned to the courtroom. Five hearing dates were scheduled (two of those dates were improperly scheduled) and three hearings were conducted. The Prosecution had previously rested their case, so it was time for the Defense to present their case.

The defense requested rescheduling of the hearing dates (seems they were having issue with contacting defense witnesses) and the case is now once again on hold. The lady judge I am told returned to Manila (reason unknown to me) and they are waiting for a new judge to be assigned to the courtroom. Once this is done and new hearing dates are scheduled, I will post an update on this thread.   

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Harry Doyle - murdered in Philippines - 2013
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2019, 04:54:54 PM »
Thank you for the information Jamesmusslewhite. Well it appears to me that this case probably never will come to trial, given all what has happened so far.
Problems finding defence witnesses or problems finding those who will perjure themselves I wonder.
Prosecuting judges have a short life span/likely fear to continue.