Author Topic: Harry Doyle - murdered in Philippines - 2013  (Read 9089 times)

Sap1

• View Profile
Harry Doyle - murdered in Philippines - 2013
« on: September 18, 2016, 01:48:48 PM »
W5 ran a segment on this case last night. Jane Doyle is a wanted fugitive in the Phillipines for orchestrating the murder of her husband Harry Doyle. She is living in New Brunswick and Interpol is after her however cannot touch her on Canadian soil.

More links and photos at the link.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/w5-tracks-down-elusive-prime-suspect-in-mysterious-murder-of-canadian-in-the-philippines-1.2841447
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:24:53 PM by Sap1 »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Doyle - murdered in Phillipines - 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 09:39:11 PM »
Of course she did it.  All the best to his family in the fight to keep his inheritance out of her greedy hands.  But Canadian Law being what it is..............it's questionable whether they will win or not.  After all... she is a widow... don't ya know!! ;D

jb
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:44:24 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:18:21 AM »
Self-made widow ... lets hope she doesn't get her 2.2 million reward.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »
I wonder if the grieving widow has funds at her disposal? - She must have some to keep the lights on and a chicken in the pot, until the dust settles, and she inherits the 2.2 million.

Folks in New Brunswick did not take too kindly to Dennis Oland - and I doubt if she would get a friendly greeting from citizens in Fredericton.

That may well explain why she is, in among other things, classified as reclusive?
Poor thing.

JB
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 10:10:34 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 12:20:57 AM »
It doesn't sound like she has a job, so she must be living on whatever she could get her hands on that wasn't invested. She made several withdrawals immediately in Phillipines before coming back to Canada. She had a lover in the Phillipines. She was already talking to her lawyers as her husband lay dying.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 05:40:13 AM »
From what I understand, I don't really think many folks believe she had anything to do with her husband's death.  I think she realized she would likely be the prime suspect so that was why she left the Phillippines.  Also given that, her preoccupation and "strange" behaviour in the days following seem perfectly understandable to me.  I do understand his family's suspicions (Mr. Doyle was a wealthy man) but it is also well to bear in mind that "investigations" in the Phillippines are not always that reliable, to say the least.  She is wise not to discuss the case with media.

There is likely much more in play here than we know.  It is unlikely the truth will ever be known.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 11:26:39 AM »
The Phillipine detective spent a year on the investigation. They had images of her co-horting with the killers days before the shooting. Many of the people interviewed in the segment on TV were embarrassed with the type of person Harry was ... the ex-pats that spent more time with him. It is quite possible he was infringing on someone's drug territory as well, b/c he was always telling the other Canadians he could get them any drug or any female they wanted. W5 didn't get into that. All of the people working on the case had death threats as well.

If she is innocent, she is really caught in a trap now b/c going back to see her family there, she could be thrown in jail.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:30:34 AM by Sap1 »

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 11:59:52 AM »
I would take with a grain of salt that the men who were on trial were even the killers, Sap1.  They could very well have just been set up.  Convenient to have a scapegoat(s) in the event there might be an enquiry from the Canadian government.  The Philippines is noted for that sort of thing.  It would be even worse now with its present regime.

I didn't watch the W5 program but from anything I have heard, I'm not surprised at what the Canadian ex-pats said.  As I said before, I'm sure there is much more to the story.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 01:10:26 PM »
Note: this is a 2015 article - the most recent that I can find.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2291106/interpol-notice-for-filipina-wife-of-murdered-fredericton-man-harry-doyle/

(click on link - to see picture)

October 21, 2015 3:09 pm Updated: October 22, 2015 9:51 am
Interpol notice for Filipina wife of murdered Fredericton man Harry DoyleA Red Notice is not a warrant, but an alert to member nations of the international policing organization that a suspect is wanted and a request is being made for arrest and extradition.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 01:35:27 PM »
Given the current political state in the Philippines, I'd seriously doubt Canadian authorities would extradite  her even if a request were received.  In any event, there is just too much doubt surrounding her involvement in her husband's murder.  Of course, her guilt or innocence is not for Canada to decide.  Best, I think, in this situation, though, to just leave her alone.

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Harry Doyle - murdered in Philippines - 2013
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
I've known a few other cases where some of these girls married money when coming to Canada, or money and prestige. It's not a racist comment by any means, just observations I've made working around the province.
I've seen one other unexplained death of a young man and although he was not wealthy, his parents left him wealthy and subsequently his widow who had left him soon after the marriage began. What held them together was a young son and I am happy he was able to benefit to the point of having a good education. It leaves me very skeptical. 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 01:44:32 PM »
I watched a TV documentary on American men who end up in the Phillipines, and marry or live common law with the local women. 

It was an eye opener to watch.  It followed 3 men.  One had set up a prosperous business, and he had two children with her.  She divorced him, and local authorities awarded her everything.
He said he was a sucker - and left to return to the US to start over (penniless).
She had no mercy whatsoever. 

The other two Americans were also duped and went back to the US penniless.

The warning was -
This is a very common tactic.  Families are involved in the plot.  Get an American man - and take him for everything.
That is not to say that they all do it, of course not.  But it was common enough to warn others.

jb

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 03:56:09 PM »
I've always understood that the relationship between Mr. Doyle and "Jane" was more in line with a business arrangement.  They were each more or less free to do their own thing.  Life had probably not been easy for her before he came along so this probably suited both of them quite well.  I seem to recall they did have a young son but may very well stand to be corrected on that.  If I am correct, I seem to also recall that he did come to Canada with her.  That being the case, I would assume that if he is not being home-schooled, he may be attending school somewhere in the Fredericton area.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 04:22:18 PM »
Further to my above post, just out of curiosity, I checked the obituary and they do have a son, Joseph.  There is also another son who was living in the US at the time (2013) and may very well still be.  No mention of an earlier marriage so I am assuming if there was one, it ended in divorce.  If an earlier spouse dies, I usually notice that is mentioned in the obituary, as well.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 05:06:40 PM »
I don't know where the other son came from however, the last time this family was in Philippines together, the Will was changed and the two boys were taken off the Will, only Jane as the sole beneficiary. If she gets the sole amount, I hope both boys are looked after. If she is guilty, she will meet her maker some day and have to answer.

Apparently the elder son was Harry's.

The link of the forum has the article without the correct link; the link is as follows, except one has to be a member to read further ...

https://www.telegraphjournal.com/telegraph-journal/story/46403633/son-of-fredericton-man

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/topic/52209-canadian-murdered-in-surigao-city-continued-news-updates-relating-to-harry-doyle-murder-case/page-56
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:19:58 AM by Sap1 »