Author Topic: Jami Springer 27 yrs missing 08/31/16 Moncton  (Read 4699 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Jami Springer 27 yrs missing 08/31/16 Moncton
« on: September 08, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/missing-moncton-woman-1.3753164?cmp=rss

Perhaps someone can post her picture?

Jami Springer's family, friends worry about missing woman
27-year-old Moncton woman was last seen more than a week ago walking on McLaughlin Drive
CBC News Posted: Sep 08, 2016 3:44 PM AT Last Updated: Sep 08, 2016 3:44 PM AT

Family and friends are growing increasingly worried for a 27-year-old Moncton woman who has been missing for more than a week.

Jami Springer was last seen walking on Moncton's McLaughlin Drive on the afternoon of Aug. 31, according to police.

RCMP seek missing Moncton woman

One friend said he saw her downtown a few days ago, near the corner of St. George and Lutz streets.

"I just remember because she normally has short blonde hair but she grew it out so she took me for surprise," said Andrew Raven.

"I mentioned how I barely noticed her with her long hair and she laughed. said she should stop by once in a blue moon and she said she would and [we] went our separate ways," said Raven.

Raven said Springer seemed fine and he didn't make much of the encounter. But he has grown worried since.

"Jami lived an odd life. I've never heard of her gone for so long. She would be on Facebook or be seen by now. Sometimes people just up and leave, I also wonder if she did that."

Run-ins with law

Jami Springer has had run-ins with the law. She faced serious charges, along with four men, in connection with the violent beating of a another man in Moncton in February of last year.

The charges included kidnapping, aggravated assault, use of a firearm and having her face masked. Those charges, however, were all dropped in November 2015.

Springer had another encounter with the justice system just over three months ago. She was stopped for driving a car that had a licence plate that belonged to someone else. She pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice in that case.

Jami Springer
A friend said Springer had grown out her blond hair when he saw her downtown Moncton last week and took him by surprise. (Facebook)

Springer's father has been posting on Facebook since Tuesday asking for help. He also had a message for his daughter.

"Jami, if you are aware of your family's concerns and are able to make contact, please reach out to us. Your family and daughter love you," wrote Brent Springer.

Her mother, Gillian Fletcher, also posted Thursday.

"It is the morning of Sept. 8, and our daughter, Jami Springer is still missing. If you have seen her or know anything about her please contact our family," wrote Gillian Fletcher.

"Jami please just come home wherever you are. I love you. I'm lost without you," wrote Justin Smith, who is listed in a relationship with Springer on Facebook.

Police are working on some leads, but have not been able to find Springer. They are asking anyone with information to contact the Codiac Regional RCMP.

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Jami Springer 27 yrs missing 08/31/16 Moncton
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 03:50:57 PM »
We all wish the best for Jami and hope that she is found. It sounds like she has had a troubled life recently. She may have certainly been hanging out with the wrong crowd. She may have been taken out of the area against her will or she may have gone on her own. It is strange that she has not contacted her family in such a long period of time. Hopefully she is okay and will contact her family. Our local news this evening also mentioned this case once again and asked for help. :o :o :o :o :o :o

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »
Jami Springer is pictured below.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 10:24:57 AM »
Transcript

Mother of Jami Springer reads statement

My name is Gillian Fletcher and Jami Springer is my daughter.

This is Jami's father, Brent and her brother, Jordan.

We haven't seen or spoken to Jami since August.

We love her dearly and we want to know where she is and is she safe? We know that someone out there knows something.

Through donations, we have raised $8000 in award money and donated it to Crime Stoppers New Brunswick.

This brings the total award money available to $10,000 to anyone who can just tell us where Jami is.

You don't have to give your name. Just tell us where she is.

Jami, if you see this, know that every morning when I wake up, I hope that this is the day I will hear from you. To hear your voice and know you're okay.

I want to thank everyone who has helped to look for her and kept Jami and our family in their prayers. We have not given up.

If you have any information please call Crime Stoppers.

Please help us find Jami.

Thank you.

Fades to black

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Jami Springer, or who may have seen her or spoken to her on August 31 or any time since, is asked to contact Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), texting TIP212 + your message to 'CRIMES' (274637), or by Secure Web Tips at www.crimenb.ca

RCMP News Release:
A $10,000 award is being offered to anyone with information that leads to finding 28-year-old Jami Springer, who has been missing from the Moncton area since August. The RCMP is sharing a video made by Jami's family to encourage anyone with information to come forward.

Jami's family has raised $8,000, and this amount has been added to the up to $2,000 award offered by Crime Stoppers.

"Our family wants to thank everyone that has helped us try to find Jami," says Gillian Fletcher, Jami Springer's mother. "It's our hope that by adding more money to the Crime Stoppers award, someone with information will call."

Jami Springer was last seen on August 31, 2016, in Moncton. The RCMP in New Brunswick's Major Crime Unit continues to investigate her disappearance as suspicious.

"We want people to know that information can be provided anonymously through Crime Stoppers. You don't have to give your name," says RCMP spokesperson Cst. Hans Ouellette. "We are looking for any information that will help us find Jami. Someone knows where she is."

Information on Jami Springer's whereabouts or her disappearance can be provided anonymously through Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), texting TIP212 + your message to 'CRIMES' (274637), or by Secure Web Tips at www.crimenb.caGSAR_Mbr

WebURL:http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2016/24/10000-award-help-find-jami-springer

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 02:54:49 PM »
There could be someone come forward now with information, since there is reward money. At this time of the year, there are people who would certainly turn someone in with a reward there for them. Hopefully they will find out what has happened to Jami and where she is.  :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 03:15:12 PM »
Her parents are frantic.  Jami may be in hiding somewhere?  I hope she is safe.
Please call home Jami.

jb

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 04:46:23 PM »
I am not confident at all that something has not happened to Jami. I believe that she would have contacted someone by now, a close friend or a family member. I believe that she is a victim of foul play. I do believe that someone knows something, but will they come forward, that remains to be seen. There seems to be a lot of crime in the N.B. area of late and Halifax.  :o :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 11:49:10 AM »
I do hope they get a big drive on the investigation for Jami. We don't want to have this as a cold case. It is quite a while since she went missing and sure does not sound like she just left on her own. A great deal of time has to be put on finding out what happened to Jami. She deserves to be found, whatever has happened to her. Hopefully there will be new information that someone comes forward to solve her disappearance. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o