Author Topic: Missing Helen Robertson  (Read 4904 times)

jtmtpleasant

• View Profile
Missing Helen Robertson
« on: September 03, 2016, 03:31:20 PM »
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6782737-still-missing-where-is-helen-robertson-/

I've been following this case since Mrs Robertson went missing back in early July 2016.

Just searched for an update and apparently she's still missing.

Extensive police and volunteer searches were conducted.

No trace. No clues. Nothing.

I hate to say it but if I were the police, I'd focus the investigation in her children at this point. An elderly lady, living with Alzheimers. Living at home with her son I believe. I don't think I'd have to look very far for motive.

Thoughts?

Sap1

• View Profile
Re: Missing Helen Robertson
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 04:43:01 PM »
A bit of history on this lady in this article. If she has only been diagnosed with Alzheimer's in the past four years, I fail to see that she would have been so badly off and so confused to go missing totally without asking for help. jmho.

Links within this article include info on related searches.

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/6759787-family-of-missing-burlington-woman-thankful-for-community-support/

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:36:23 PM »
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6782737-still-missing-where-is-helen-robertson-/

I've been following this case since Mrs Robertson went missing back in early July 2016.

Just searched for an update and apparently she's still missing.

Extensive police and volunteer searches were conducted.

No trace. No clues. Nothing.

I hate to say it but if I were the police, I'd focus the investigation in her children at this point. An elderly lady, living with Alzheimers. Living at home with her son I believe. I don't think I'd have to look very far for motive.

Thoughts?

The son Jeff lives in Georgetown, and Helen lives with her husband, Donald Robertson, a retired Doctor of GP.

I think she just up and started walking, probably became dehydrated and more confused and could not find her way back. Since she was fit, she may have wandered further, and past the area that has been searched. Some Alzheimers patients when more confused and scared sometimes crawl into tiny spaces for comfort. I believe people were asked to check their yards and out buildings for this reason.

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
This is very sad.  There are varying degrees of alzhiemers, and four years for one person can be a completely different stage for another person.  Some peoples personalities change completely, some experience a great deal of anger, and there are also physiological aspects to the disease that come in to play.  There appears to be a great deal of green space in that area.  I have a feeling this will not end well.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »
Wonder why there was NOTHING in the wallet when the boy found it. Wonder what Helen usually carried in it.

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 08:18:07 PM »
Sounds like she's in the creek????

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 07:17:26 AM »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
This is very sad.  There are varying degrees of alzhiemers, and four years for one person can be a completely different stage for another person.  Some peoples personalities change completely, some experience a great deal of anger, and there are also physiological aspects to the disease that come in to play.  There appears to be a great deal of green space in that area.  I have a feeling this will not end well.

Yep true. However considering all the facts known about this lady ... no other health issues, lived a healthy lifestyle and was active, was not overweight, healthy outlook, etc etc I cannot see her that demented at all. There are varying stages.

https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/alzheimers-disease-fact-sheet

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »
Oh sorry...I should have said her whole name...Mariam Mikhniashvili.
She was the young girl who went missing and was found several months later by passers by, in a ravine near Yonge St. And the Hwy. 401.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 02:41:12 PM »
If we only had the real statistics for how many persons with dementia that have gone missing across Canada, there would be quite a number and several have never been found.  I recall a couple of people in Nova Scotia, can't remember names, but they just disappeared, walked away and were never seen again. Also in N.B. there was a gentleman who was well known kind of in the community by seeing him around, he just disappeared and never seen again. So one wonders if there is something going on that is not because of their illness, it could be foul play and it is not being picked up because of not enough information and not enough police to investigate the disappearances. It is so very sad that this person just disappeared and nobody knows what has happened to her. :o :o :o :o :o :o