Author Topic: Mekayla BALI - 17 - Missing - April 12, 2016 - Yorkton, Saskatchewan  (Read 15996 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Mekayla BALI - 17 - Missing - April 12, 2016 - Yorkton, Saskatchewan
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2018, 06:52:57 AM »
If CCTVS captured Mekayla walking here, there and everywhere that morning....and, the Police have a person of interest they need to find...then it?s too bad someone doesn?t have hours and hours to spend, pouring over all CCTV around the bus station...may come across more images of the person of interest.  I realize they are saying he?s NOT a suspect...but they need to talk to him anyway.
So much info on her movements that morning....since she seemed to be killing time, I wonder if the perp was running late and advised her not to just hang around the bus station, but to walk around the town.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2018, 02:23:59 PM »
She played hookey,  and was looking for someone imo.

Witness said tattoo man had a scar or a scratch running from his eye on his left side of face.

So, I gather witness saw his face, right?  Then why no composite drawing for the public?

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »
Here is her timeline.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2017/12/missing-mekayla-bali

16-year-old Mekayla Bali was reported missing April 12, 2016. This timeline shows her last known movements in Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada.

8 h 20 - arrives at Sacred Heart High School
8 h 30 - leaves the school

Between 8 h 30 & 8 h 40 - walks eastbound on Smith Street West from the intersection of Smith Street West and Gladstone Avenue North
Between 8:40 and 8:50 AM enters a business on 3rd Avenue North
Between 8 h 50 & 8 h 55 - enters a financial institution on Broadway Street East
8:55-9 h - walks eastbound on Broadway Street East
9 h - enters a business on Broadway Street East
9 h 15 - exits business, walks north on 8th Ave N
9:30-9:40 AM - walks west on 100-200 block Broadway Street East then walks north on 6th Avenue North
9:40-9:50 AM - walks east in the parking lot of the 100-200 block of Broadway Street East between two businesses
9:50-9:55 AM - re-enters business on Broadway Street East.
10:40-10:45 AM - leaves business and walks west on Broadway Street East. She continues on Broadway, passing 5th Avenue North
10:45-11:55 AM - whereabouts unknown
11:55-24 h - enters Sacred Heart High School
12:00 -12:17 h - leaves Sacred Heart High School
12:15-13 h - purchases a poutine at a restaurant on 1st Avenue North
1:00-1:45 PM - leaves the Yorkton bus depot. It's been determined Mekayla did not board a bus.

Mekayla has no passport and there has been no banking activity since April 12, 2016.

Sightings of Mekayla and over 200 tips have been reported to and investigated by the police. Over 100 interviews have been conducted.

Mekayla Bali: Age 17, 5'2" tall, 114 lbs
Last wearing: glasses, a teal/mint coloured scarf, jeans, a 3/4 length burgundy or purple coat and her hair was worn down.
If you have information about Mekayla Bali, please contact:
RCMP: 1-844-880-6518
Email: RCMP.FBali.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

More info in post that follows

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2017/12/missing-mekayla-bali

For 365 days, RCMP investigators have been following up on leads, creating timelines, conducting interviews and actively searching for Mekayla Bali. We've received over 200 tips from the public.
To the community of Yorkton we ask: What were you doing one year ago today?

Did you meet friends for coffee at Tim Hortons? Were you driving on Gladstone Avenue North that morning, in the common area at Sacred Heart High School or on Broadway Street East near the TD Bank?

Did you notice a young female ? with a distinct mint or teal coloured infinity scarf and blonde wavy hair worn down?

Mekayla purchased a small beverage from Tim Hortons, sat in a booth and may have been talking on her cell phone. She may have been listening to something and had white earbuds in her ears. She was wearing jeans and a ? length burgundy or purple coat.

Did you have lunch at the Trail Stop Restaurant at the bus depot and see her order a poutine?
These are some of the last things we know Mekayla Bali did before she went missing on April 12, 2016.

We're asking you to please ? think back.

There are people who know something about Mekayla's disappearance ? whether they saw her or overheard all or part of a conversation she was having that day.
Any information you have ? if you saw Mekayla April 12, 2016, if you overheard her say anything that day or in the days leading up to her disappearance ? please share these details with us. If you've been hesitant, or think we may already have the information, call us anyway. Don't assume we know.

If you want to share information, but are scared or unsure, or if you don't want us to know who you are, call, text or submit a tip online to Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers (1-800-222-8477). The only way someone will find out that you called Crime Stoppers is if you tell them.
?30?
Contact information
If you have information about Mekayla Bali, please contact:
RCMP: 1-844-880-6518
Email: RCMP.FBali.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Call 911 in an emergency.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2019, 06:04:53 PM »
Mekayla has been missing for almost three years now. Below is an account of what is known about the last day she was seen.

This article is extremely long, but is an interesting read. I have only posted a small portion of it. There is more to view at the link.

From CBC News:
The text message came to Shelby Hnatuk’s cellphone at 10:12 a.m. CST on April 12, 2016. It was from Mekayla Bali, a classmate at Sacred Heart High School in Yorkton, Sask.

Bali, who was 16 at the time, had sent the message from somewhere else in Yorkton, a quiet prairie town.

Hnatuk wasn’t there to read it. She’d left her phone behind when she went to school that day. She only saw it once when she was back at home and the school called to ask if she had seen Bali.

When she checked her phone she found two messages.

The first was “Hey, I need help.” The second, sent about 20 minutes later, said, “Nevermind I figured it out.”

Reading those messages, Hnatuk had no idea Bali would soon be gone without a trace.

“By ‘I need help’ I would have thought ‘I need a ride somewhere.’ I don’t know, ‘I need help with an assignment’? I never would have thought ‘I need help,’ like, I’m running away and not coming back,” Hnatuk said.

“It’s a hard feeling, not knowing if she’s alive or not.”

"I wish I would have paid more attention."

- Shelby Hnatuk

Bali’s texts to Hnatuk are among a series of cryptic communications Bali made on April 12, 2016, the day she vanished. Those messages, along with surveillance footage taken at several locations around Yorkton, have baffled the investigators tasked with finding her.

Telus has records of some of the messages Bali sent that day, but there are no records of numerous phone calls she appears to be making in the surveillance footage.

Nobody seems to know who Bali was calling that day. Friends say she sometimes used apps — some anonymous — to communicate. In the past she had struck up friendships with people online, including some outside Yorkton and at least one in the U.S.

RCMP investigators have used the surveillance footage to piece together Bali’s last day in Yorkton. Her movements seem erratic. She walked to various businesses around town, at times appearing to be looking for someone and trying to get money. At one point she talked to some friends about going on vacation to Regina. She asked a stranger for help booking a hotel room.

Their investigation led them to people Bali met online, old friends, a box of flowers delivered to her school and a person who claimed to be her father.

Using newly-released surveillance footage and exclusive new details from the RCMP, CBC has created a detailed timeline of Bali’s movements the day she disappeared: who she was talking to, where she went, how she was behaving and what she said.

Police also opened up about some of the leads they followed and the challenges of finding a teenager whose last known communications appear to have been made using social media apps protected by U.S. privacy laws.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/i-need-help-mekayla-bali-missing?fbclid=IwAR1PEwLQNV2IAZdOPuZfIEMFRsxo_EtaiUfVX5Lb8RXaVX5PyApra4Jz7fA

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2019, 06:19:12 PM »
Mekayla is pictured below

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »
WOW....Thank you very much for that article and link debbiec.  So, the man with the tattoos stepped forward and is not a suspect.  This is a must read..... and her behaviour is most unusual that day.

jb