Author Topic: Yves Cyr - 41 - Gatineau, PQ - last seen Dec. 7, 2015  (Read 4597 times)

kathybarnes

• View Profile
Yves Cyr - 41 - Gatineau, PQ - last seen Dec. 7, 2015
« on: May 06, 2016, 01:17:56 PM »
maybe it's him?

http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/05/06/body-found-in-the-ottawa-river-near-petrie-island

Ottawa Police are investigating the discovery of a body in the Ottawa River.

It was found during the noon hour by a boater near Petrie Island.

Police say the body appears to have been in the water for a long time.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/yves-cyr-missing-gatineau-1.3438197

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Yves Cyr - 41 - Gatineau, PQ - last seen Dec. 7, 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 07:49:11 PM »
This is very suspicious to me. A man who appeared to be so habitual in everything - I mean 5 years with his fiancee and never going anywhere or doing anything with her.  Work, home, work - and his truck is found at a Macdonald's at 11 pm? Seems to me that even a trip to Macdonald's would be out of the norm for this man.

If he intended to commit suicide, I can't see him taking a meal at Macdonalds.
There would be evidence, via camera if he did go thru macdonalds's
I think something happened to him and the truck was driven there after. There should be camera evidence somewhere.

If the body is identified as being Yves, the public should know within the next few days or so.

jb
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:04:18 PM by jellybean »

kathybarnes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 07:16:28 AM »
It was another missing person - Mathieu Trudel.

http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/05/09/missing-man-found-dead

Missing man found dead

Posted on 5/9/2016 9:10:00 AM by Alison Sandor

CTV Ottawa
A sad end to a missing persons case in Ottawa.

Police say the body recovered from the Ottawa River near Petrie Island Friday was that of 37-year-old Mathieu Trudel.

Trudel was last seen March 2nd in Hull.

Police say no foul play was involved.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »
Thank you KathyBarnes for the update.

I didn't think it would be him.
There is something more behind the missing of Cyr.(imo)
As an example - Where were other family members with a plea other than his wife?
Unless he did not have any other family.... That is one possibility, but I doubt it.

This trip to Mexico.  Is it possible he decided to go earlier without his fiancee.  Start life over?
that is one possibility....

There are other possibilities as well.

I hope that his fiancee gets some answers soon.

jb

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:30:38 PM by jellybean »

kathybarnes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 07:03:49 AM »
Sad news:

http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/06/14/homicide-investigation-launched-into-death-of-missing-gatineau-man

Homicide investigation launched into death of missing Gatineau man

Posted on 6/14/2016 7:45:00 AM by Alison Sandor

A sad end to the case of a missing Gatineau man, last seen in December.

The body of 41-year-old Yves Cyr was discovered by the Gatineau River in Cantley on Sunday.

July

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 07:13:48 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/yves-cyr-missing-body-found-1.3633972

Body of Yves Cyr, missing since December, found near Gatineau River
Homicide investigation underway, Quebec police say
CBC News  Posted: Jun 14, 2016 7:34 AM ET| Last Updated: Jun 14, 2016 8:23 AM ET

Yves Cyr missing Gatineau
The 41-year-old was last seen was last seen in the industrial park near Airport Boulevard in Gatineau. He had just left work nearby. His pickup truck was found in a McDonald's restaurant parking lot on Maloney Boulevard seven hours later. (Courtesy Anne Boudria)

Last seen after leaving work

Cyr, 41, had been missing since Dec. 7, 2015, when he was seen for the last time in Gatineau's industrial park near Airport Boulevard at about 3:30 p.m. He had just left work nearby.

His red pickup truck, a Ford Ranger, was found in a McDonald's restaurant parking lot on Boulevard Maloney at about 10 p.m. that same night. Cyr's bank accounts haven't been used since his disappearance.

"We were such a normal, quiet couple," Boudria told CBC News in an interview in February, two months after Cyr's disappearance.

"It was work, home, work, home. ... We're not into drugs, we're not into alcohol, we don't go to bars, we don't go anywhere. You try to have a good life, you try to do good in life and then this happens to you, and why? ... It's so hard to understand and comprehend why."

Edited: to add URL
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:32:18 AM by July »

kathybarnes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »
and another article, saying young people discovered his body.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/police-investigating-homicide-after-body-pulled-from-gatineau-river

Body found near Cantley identified as Yves Cyr who disappeared without a trace six months ago

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 10:30:42 PM »

I wondered what type of work he did in the industrial area? I am thinking of thefts. Not that he was involved.  But perhaps he knew too much.
I really wonder if the connection involved his work environment.

He was at home everyday at the same time, and left for work every day at the same time.  I mean, the only environment that he would have been in other than his home, was work.

My french is very poor.  However, I was able to discern that he worked for  a large Tire firm that has multiple stores throughout the area. Of course they deal in rims, etc, etc.
Not saying this is true, but money, in my opinion, has to be in the mix somewhere.
Perhaps Mr. Cyr stumbled across something in that regard.

Interesting info given out by police;

His murder is mystifying, but, looks like the police may have a few clues in going forward, and will end up with a successful arrest. 
This may take time.

jb

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:15:19 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 12:26:40 PM »
http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/homicide-investigation-after-body-found-is-missing-yves-cyr-of-gatineau-1.2944693

I will snip parts from the above article that holds info that has not been covered in other articles.

The body of Yves Cyr, 41, was discovered by a group of young men in a residential area along the Gatineau River in Cantley, Quebec on Sunday June 12, 2016.

and

Cyr was a tire technician at Pneus Lavoie, on Chemin Industriel in Gatineau.  He was last seen leaving work around 3:30pm on December 7, 2015.  He was expected to head straight home to his house just seven minutes away

and

Boudria says they lived a good, quiet life, Cyr was never in trouble.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »
I would look at all of the co-workers home addresses.  Do a background check on all of them.
Cyr was found in another town, in a neighbouhood, along the banks of the river.

Police have confirmed that the body recovered from the shore of the Gatineau River near Cantley on Sunday is  Yves Cyr, 41,

Who lived close to this area?
[altho, his body may have ended up there due to the currents)

Any thefts from the stores?

Any Hi-jacking of (or claims of theft) from transport trucks with tires destined to this business.

Cyr might have known something. 
His wife said that Cyr would never stop (driving) unless he knew the person.

Big question in my mind is ---- Why would he not stop - unless he knew the person?
I doubt if that area is that dangerous.

I can't help but wonder about Cyr.

He always went to work, and then went straight home.
Never dallied.
Always home at the same time, every day.  He lived a seven minute drive from home.
Close enough to walk it.

I was left with the impression, that he didn't even stop to pick up milk or bread.

"We were such a normal, quiet couple," Boudria told CBC News in an interview in February, two months after Cyr's disappearance.
"It was work, home, work, home. ... We're not into drugs, we're not into alcohol, we don't go to bars, we don't go anywhere. You try to have a good life, you try to do good in life and then this happens to you, and why? ... It's so hard to understand and comprehend why."

He was going to take a trip to Mexico with his family. His wife worked also, they might have saved up for that. His wife would have the answer to that one.

I cannot understand why they never went out. Both went to work and stayed home.
No movies? No restaurants?

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

The cops are baffled - Cyr's lifestyle was innocent enough.  He was never in trouble with the law.

The joking back and forth at work sounds reasonable enough, but at times it could also mean that he was letting on that everything was okay, when perhaps it was not.

I wonder if he had received threats at work, and was afraid to tell anyone.
And that is why he would not stop his vehicle unless he knew the person - and considered him to be okay.

On the face of it, there should not be any reason as to why Cyr would have an enemy in the world.  Obviously he did.

JB
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:51:29 PM by jellybean »