Author Topic: Erik Larsfolk - John McCormick - Missing presumed murdered - Caledon, ON - 1981  (Read 106416 times)

SAP

Message sent with a link to further info, and hopefully the maps give you more addresses.

sleuthhound

• View Profile
A couple years ago I posted a map here that showed inconsistent patterns from the aerial shot, as well as what looked like decent sized holes that were covered. I can't recall the location nor how I came across it but what I do recall is it seems pretty useful at the time but no one got around to checking it out.

Any clue?

SAP

A few years ago I was asked to remove a picture and perhaps your picture was removed for the same reason. 2 posters from here wanted to talk to family and do some searching and didn't want alot of other people getting it into their heads to go talk to family and possibly get them upset before the 2 from here could talk with them. One was an admin however neither are here anymore and we weren't told what transpired when they did search. Perhaps nothing at all was found. It really suits no purpose to secret info away but one of the posters did say they were going to try and talk police into further searching based on their info.

freeman

• View Profile
The book Murder City about a series of murders in London Ontario in the late 60s /early 70smenrions this case as possibly being done by killer who left London in to escape the scrutiny of the OPP, and moved to this area at the time of this disappearance,

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
I firmly believe the boys were murdered by the bad tempered father of one of the boys .... and neither family in need of closure because they already know... and don't want the publicity ... especially since the killer has passed on too.  just what I think!

Caledongirl

• View Profile
I have an address of the shop that John McCormick Sr hung out at often. Anyone wanna come search the area with me?

lostlinganer

• View Profile
Caledon;  you remind me of myself.  ;) ;)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
I firmly believe the boys were murdered by the bad tempered father of one of the boys .... and neither family in need of closure because they already know... and don't want the publicity ... especially since the killer has passed on too.  just what I think!

I agree!! JM Sr. More than bad tempered.... I think.

John McCormick Sr. joined in the search that night -- but that would be the
last time he would help out. He would never make a public appeal for his son
or speak to reporters.
and =
They did grid searches of the bush, dragged all the ponds, hunted in every
barn and every well. Long after they had moved away, Larsfolk would return
and search some more.

He could not let go. He still can't, even after all this time. The
McCormicks, though, packed up John's room a few days after he went missing.
[/b]

The mother knew... or suspected, but never said one word. too afraid to.  imo Quite common in an abusive household.

jb
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:06:49 PM by jellybean »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
I have always wondered about the guy the old man had move the piece of equipment the day after.... I'm thinking that guy may have knowingly or unknowingly moved/disposed of the bodies ... just a hunch?  :-\    .... been a lot of cases going through my old head for a lot of years, so although I cannot recall specifics without reading the thread again.... this is what still sticks in my mind about this case (from page 11) 
thanks for all that Sleuth.  I want you to know that by the time I'd finished reading the 3 part series (it wasn't easy for me because I found the newspaper's site all inter wound .... not user friendly at all), I found myself seeing John Sr. in the same light I had always suspected he was ...but this time, more so.   The story, filled me in a lot; but I do agree that the writer maybe should have waited until he had more time to double check his facts ... or at least check them once - sometimes reporters/journalists are in such a hurry!

I saw John Sr. in a new light .... that is to say "even more diabolic able than I originally imagined".  It makes me feel as though he had been a cruel disciplinarian .... one who is "do as I say, not as I do".  I suspect he did the harm to the boys, and then McCullough had him "over a barrel" so to speak.  ...starting with demanding money.  (like the "credit card" days later) .....That would also explain the fact that he had no reason to keep John Jr.'s room in tact, and packed it up days later.  I always felt that, but didn't know of any proof of it... just always suspected it.  He knew his son was gone for good. 

The reason I suspect him over McCullough, is the fact that I don't think McCullough would have gotten away with taking anything from John Sr. ...even an unruly, pain in the neck, sass-back kid (which is what the writer tells me John Jr. was when it came to his horrible drunken father) nor machinery, nor anything.  So why did McCullough have such leeway with the machinery?.... he probably didn't, only did what he was told to after the big scene/murder of the two boys - then he took the boys in the backhoe on board the truck while John Sr. did what most drunks do.... sobered up in minutes after what had occurred.... half drunk, half in shock, but diabolical and controlling enough to save his old ass by "willing, like a good Dad" leading the others to the gate and opening it. McCullough probably only played drunken John Sr. to get in tight enough with him to be able to benefit over and over from it.  I think McCullough buried the boys near his own place, and it was a done deal.  I think the police "dropped the ball big time" back then .... and were never ever able to get the game back on course after that.  Once he got away with one big crime, McCullough was unstoppable afterwards imo.!  ....I think this will all be established.  Thanks again Sleuth.
Modify message
Rep
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:32:16 PM by lostlinganer »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
wondering if the weather warnings for this weekend apply to that area... life is strange~  climate change brings all kinds of change.

Sap1

• View Profile
There was another suspect who had lived in the general area at the time and had a propensity for young kids iirc. I remember reading something about that a few years ago but would have to re-read these threads and those on another site to comment further. There had been eyes on this other person by locals according to one person from the area.