Author Topic: Erik Larsfolk - John McCormick - Missing presumed murdered - Caledon, ON - 1981  (Read 106047 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Sleuth; are you maybe thinking "simple hit and run"....maybe a drunk or two in a truck or "high" vehicle.  ....then once it was done, the witness needed to be eliminated.  Then just a matter of throwing them in the back of this truck? and dumping or burying them where they'd never be found.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
maybe somebody drunk and disgruntled .... maybe somebody who forbid the boys to get that old vehicle running, much less, drive it around.

Sleuth

I know where you are headed with this one Lost, and I'm 99% certain the answer is no. When Police investigate a crime of this nature, they look at the family, relatives, neighbours, and then strangers. They widen their scope. 

kimmccormick

• View Profile
Hi

I'm Kim Mccormick the daughter of John Sr. and the sister of John Jr.
I would just like to clarify a few facts that are incorrect.
1.  John Jr. was never sent to hospital by John Sr.
2.  Joyce Mccormick was working the eving that John Jr. went missing
3.  There were no footprints found in the gravel pit but the search dogs had found a scent
4.  John Jr. room stayed intacted for years.
5.  John Sr. cause of death was never determined - he had several medical conditions besides alcoholism
6.  After John Sr. death I (KIM) inherited the property in 1987 and lived there for many years.
7.  The suspect who is now deceased is not John Sr.
8.  There had been no open holes on the property. The inground pool had been installed at least six years previous to the boys disappearance.

John Jr. was very much loved by his family and is sadly missed. He is still very much alive in our thoughts and prayers.
We have worked with the police and many other outside sources to try and find the boys. We will not give up helping in the search for them.

Kim

kimmccormick

• View Profile
I don't know Lost. I will clarify some misconceptions found on the internet. The boys were last seen at 5:00 PM working on the old black van in the driveway. The sister was driven to the babysitter's. She returned at 9:00 PM and went looking for the boys. The black van was found abandoned in the field behind the house, up on a jack with the headlights on and a tool lying under the van. Obviously the boys were trying the van out to see how it worked when it broke down, and then were trying to fix it when someone happened/came along. Remember this is a 150 acre farm.

Hi

I will clarify this for you, I am the sister and was there. I saw the boys at about 6pm, they were going to drive the black Chevy around the property. My father drove me to the babysitters. When I was driven home at 9pm the black field car was no where to be seen (my mother and I later found it broken down half way to the gravel pit). My brother's van was parked in the driveway with a safety light on underneath it. Eric's bike was leaning up against the garage. The farm was only 100 acres.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Thanks Kim... I updated the first post in this tread with that new information.

I am very sorry about your brother. i do hope this mystery can be solved.

Do you have a theory as to what happened? Thanks

Chris

lostlinganer

• View Profile
We all share your loss Kim.  We believe these boys deserve to be found and given a proper burial.  It's as though we get to know the victims of these cases, thus I for one, go to sleep nightly with a prayer for many in my heart.  I know how it feels to lose someone you love and his killer/s roaming free.  I hope you get a break in this Kim, and get to find your brother.
Don't mind us all brainstorming on here; we seldom think a loved one could be reading.  So whatever comes out of us only reflects our pain and frustration over the missing and murdered.

Sleuth

Thanks for posting and clearing up many misconceptions Kim. Our prayers are with you and hope the boys are brought home soon.

Sleuth

The answer is yes, I'm still at it. To clarify your question, it's not the perp I'm searching for, but where the boys are so that they can be returned home. It's time for them to come home. But, if I find anything out, along the way, that can connect the dots all the better.

Sleuth

I'm still on the trail. Over the last week I became confused over all the information I was receiving from various sources, due to the different conflicting information, which threw me off. Or so I thought was conflicting. I kept saying to myself, how can this be? It can't be. So I sat down with all the information, set aside what was irrelevant and put the pieces in their proper alignment. And still it didn't add up, feel or look right. There was something that just kept bothering me. So I took a look at it from a different angle, and the penny dropped. It was staring me in the face the whole time, and I didn't even see it until now. The boys are not together. Now two different area's have been narrowed down and within the next two weeks it will be narrowed down even further. Moving forward!!!! :) :) :) :) :) 

lostlinganer

• View Profile
keep it up Sleuth... like Nancy (Adrian) used to say, keep those spidy powers tuned in!

Sleuth

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Lost for your support.  :) It humbles me when so many strangers have given of themselves in their help, encouragement and support to bring these two boys back to where they belong. It proves that there are a lot of wonderful people with great hearts out there, which helps to tip the scales against evil perpetrated against others. I salute you all!

In recognition that family member(s) of the two boys and their friends read this thread, I'm being sensitive on their behalf on what I post on the events which unfolded that Monday evening so long ago. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mother Nature is kind enough not to let the snow fly for a while yet.

Sleuth

Here is the Toronto Star blurb from October 1 1985.

The Headline states, 'Parents of teens missing 4 years still hoping sons will be found'

Huh!?  :o                 Someone can not do simple arithmetic.

Every time I find a blurb about these young lads, there are mistakes in the articles. What is up with that?

However this article deals with eight psychic's and out of the eight, only one saw the boys as demised, the other seven saw them as still alive. 

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:17:38 PM by Sleuth »

Sleuth

And this article from the Sunday Star May 18, 1986 depicts the lads age enhanced.

Wick

• View Profile
I know this has been said quite a bit. but it bothers me badly about this case. Why is there so little information on the boys on the internet? this site has the most information that i have seen. Also, Almost every other site out there has false information. I really dont see how that can be. So many people mixing up? I do believe in order to solve a case. You need to have your facts correct and understandable.

Sleuth, Still searching for the photo of Larsfolk on his bike.

Also. Anyone know if there is a post set up here for Byron Carr? recently the police here in PEI reopened his case. and until they did. Very Few people from PEI that are under 40 years old knew there was even a cold case in PEI. I am very interested in it. i have looked a little bit. but i am slowly still trying to figure this site out. He was a Teacher at my school.