Author Topic: Erik Larsfolk - John McCormick - Missing presumed murdered - Caledon, ON - 1981  (Read 106044 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Wow! Good work!

Sleuth

Excellent work sleuthhound, but I notice that the surveyors maps and books at Service Ontario, don't match up with Google maps?

sleuthhound

• View Profile
Thank you!

And yes Sleuth, there seem to be discrepancies between the two unfortunately.

I doubt however, in my opinion, that there would be a significant difference, and that the images of that area I posted, retrieved from Google maps, is give or take about right, at least I hope.

Whether it's the house by the number 1, or the one more to the right of the 2, 3 and 4, with the green roof, either way the holes and pathway are in close proximity to both.

Hopefully Braveheart can confirm.

Sleuth

I think he rented sleuthhound. I and a wonderful clerk at Service Ontario spent quite a bit of time going over the books and maps with a fine tooth comb. He did not show up in the data base as an owner, but then neither did the address of   :-\..........so?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:13:43 PM by Sleuth »

braveheart

• View Profile

sleuthhound

• View Profile
Thanks braveheart for all this information.

If you could, whenever you get a chance, post the counseling records for David Norris, that would be greatly appreciated.

The only way to get a better understanding of all this, is to find out as much as possible about David Norris and who he was.

I've been focusing most of my attention on to the 1973 double murder of Donna Stearne and Wendy Tedford (where there is a very slight chance David Norris may actually be responsible for as well) that I haven't had much time to look into David Norris himself nor the cases related to him.

Wick

• View Profile
i don't mean to sound negative...but some of the information she gave you. sounds like information a person can get off google from showing intrest in the case... I do believe most of it i have seen on google a few times before. When you go to google and type in Eric Larsfolks name. this message board and another which also hold alot of information are the first to appear... :-\...sorry was just a thought.

Wick

• View Profile
Thanks. I did alot of reading on this site before i signed up.

Well when i first heard of these boys missing. I was 15. i think that's what got my attention the most of the case. was the fact that they were my age. When i think of it. The bikes being left in my opinion is a big sign that they did not run away. Even at my age today. I would take my bike if i ran away. I take my bike if i even drive as far as the store at the end of my street.

I had a few thoughts that came to mind. I will post them tomorrow after rereading what was already on this site.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:49:23 PM by Wick »

Wick

• View Profile

that made me think big time. Being close to their age. even in 2009 as it is. i think i can relate a little bit to how they'd think. and i know if my father invited me to a party. I wouldnt want him there for 2 reasons 1. I couldnt drink with him there, or brag about drinking(since i dont drink) and 2. I couldnt be "anyone" I wanted to while i was there. because if my father was an alcoholic i'd be paranoid as to what he was doing, or trying to fight. Also. Its just not cool to go to a party with your father, mother, etc. when i go partying. i go with cousins and sometimes. very rarely my sister.

but then again. if the father was drunk and abusive. and invited them to a party and they said no. The father could have used force as to say "Do it or i'll make you" or "Do it or you will be punished" as threats of violence to make the boys go to the "Party"

not to pick it apart a bit. but i have many T's With yellow Logos. There are many Skater logos with yellow on them. and Many Bands.

Pretty much describes what the father could look like since the son had a small build. 5'8? shorter man? the son was shorter boy. early 50s? around the age his father would be my parents are close to their 50's now. also. From what i've seen Most Alcoholics tend to be a bit careless about their looks, hygiene, etc. Greasy?, Grey hair? sounds like an alcoholic in his 50's.

Just a few thoughts that came to mind.

Also it makes me REALLY wounder unless he used force would to teens 14 and 15 years old Really go with a drunk abusive man to a party? Especially if one was a father to the boy? My friends and I would all agree. them going with him just doesnt sound right? Especially Larsfolk. I have a friend whos father is an alcoholic and i wouldnt go ANYWHERER with her father. He Scares me bad!. maybe if he showered, cut his hair, shaved and stayed away from the bottle for a bit. I'd think about going somewhere with him. but chances arent likely. and he's not even abusive! I apologize for makeing this so long. i've read these posts for a while before i signed up. so i have many thoughts.

Wick

• View Profile
another point i want to make. I looked up the websleuths website after you mentioned it. there is someone on there who mentioned 2 spots that look like wholes on the Property Believed to be Norris' A point i wanted to make there(I wanted to sign up for it but i think for now. one site is enough) if that does turn out to be Norris' Property. and Norris' pool. Do you think the 2nd whole that was dug could be connected to the disappearance of his son?...just a random thought. but if he did bury the boys there. and it hid them for so long. why not bury another boy? or reversed? bury one and it worked why not bury 2 more?

Wick

• View Profile
according to this site

http://forum.canadianparents.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=130061

the frist bit of media attention this case got was 3 years after they were missing...somethings wrong there. a girl went missing 60 some years ago in my town here. and she got media attention for over 20 years after.

Anther point i wanted to make, What if the boys had tryed to run away? angered John Sr. and caused the death of both of them?
maybe had run away to a party which without them knowing became canceld? maybe a party McCormick Sr. had Told the boys they werent allowed to go to? he went looking for them? found them maybe at the spot where the party was ment to be held(going back to the physic's sayings. Park at a campground. maybe campers holding the party?) John sr. finds the boys. drunk. out of anger from them going to the party with out his permission? he goes after them. they run into the woods. he cautches them both and kills them?

when people were asking if he could over power 2 teenage boys. I think he could. both boys were small for their age. At their age i was 5'4" 110-120 pounds. Larsfolk seemed to be bairly 5feet. and only 80 pounds. While McCormick also looked small for his age(I could not find size or weight for him). When you think about it. He probably could over power 2 teen boys at their size.

...and another point. Anyone else notice this one? Tomorrow is Larsfolks 43rd birthday(If I did my math correct)

just some more thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:57:10 PM by Wick »

Wick

• View Profile
Another thing to add in. What if they were invited to a party maybe by a girl? and John Sr. Said "no you cant go?" because they didn't know her? and if the physic was right. maybe there was no party? maybe she invited them as a joke? maybe to impress her they ran away to the party? and John Sr. Got angry?

i apologize for any spelling errors in my last post. i forgot to hit spell check.

sleuthhound

• View Profile
I think the best option is to dig up those two holes I posted pictures of and go from there.

We can speculate all we want, actually checking what's inside those two holes is however our best chance at finding real evidence, something that can actually confirm the boys, or whoever else may be in there - if anybody, were killed, and more than likely by Norris.

Wick

• View Profile
I will do my best. Since I am no longer in the Caledon Area(i only go there every 2nd summer to visit my great aunt) my best resource is the internet Once I go back to school i will have books, maps and better search sites to refer to.

another thing that came to mind. The girl said the pool was filled in not to long after the boys went missing...is that not to long after they went missing. or after they were reported missing? remember. Norris did have a child of his own go missing. it was 3 years after the boys went missing. but we never know?

sometime in the next week i will have access to the library(I will be back in school Tuesday) so i will be able to look at maps, Books, and better search sites from there. right now google earth tells me there is

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Caledon-Village-Route

Shows a well known bike trail that goes right through Horseshoe Hills Road. and according from the site. its a busy road? Do you think maybe it was busy back in 81? meaning that adds more opportunities...2 missing boys on a busy street?

the site says "Some dirt roads, rolling hills landscape, traffic isn't bad until you get onto Horseshoe Hill Rd. even then it is still good. Start and Stop is at a Macs Milk."

and according to google earth there is a Tailway lot on Horseshoe Hills Road,...I was going to look up Camp grounds and parks also..but my i am a bit busy right now. i'll search it tomorrow.

I apologize for the added work i keep giving you  ;D am just a curious kid with a bunch of questions. hehe

I think this case should be solved before John Jr and Eric both turn 44.
I was in contact last year with a woman on yahoo who claimed to be Eric's sister. She Told me that her family did everything to try to find the boys while John Jr.s Family didnt put much effort into looking. Makes me wounder if his mom put much effort into protecting him?

breaks my heart to look at my niece and think Someone could bring another person into the world and show them pain. she's only 6 months old. but i still wounder. if John Jr. was abused as a teen he probably was as a child.

I use to get this feeling in my tummy. when i saw John Jr.'s photo...that he was still alive. I dunno why. i dont believe he is anymore. after reading up on the case a bit. but before i use to think he just might be...mmm

oh and i found a site a while back that went very in detail on what the boys were wearing when they went missing...it didnt mention anything about a symbol on either boy's shirts...

hehe once again apologize for adding more to your plate.  :-\ really didnt mean to. i just think people missing for as long as these boys...it just doesnt seem fair for them.