Author Topic: Website Update  (Read 5918 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Website Update
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 01:05:06 PM »
Sorry about that. Try it now!

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
OK, here goes. great site, have enjoyed my time here and do find benefit albeit a long time between posting and any action being done by any party with any authority to do so.. About here the print runs right off the end of the page with no end in sight. Does not drop down a line, just continues on in one endless line of print. Anything I can try at this end? Most everyone else seems to have resolved the issue..
 Posts looking fine, just composing and editing still has a problem.. thanks D1
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:53:03 PM by D1 »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 09:02:44 PM »
I had the same problem D1, but I am not sure how I fixed it. Originally went to Admin, and something was done, which did help it, but did not completely resolve it.

Try posting in quick reply and see what happens.  I notice that my margins in quick reply are further in on the "pge" from the regular reply.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 11:52:04 PM »
I have no right hand margin whatsoever in the post box.. So everything typed is still in one long endless line.. Doesn't seem to be much I can do here. Strange, everyone else's is working...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:02:58 AM by D1 »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 12:19:28 AM »
That is strange. I'm really at a loss D1. It is so odd that this is not happening when everyone attempts to post if it is a website problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 07:08:54 PM »
I had this same problem a few times.  What I did was stop typing when the words got close to the right side box margin, and then drop down to the next line below to continue typing.  Do the same for each line.  This way you can read your response, but you cannot modify it. 

It hasn't happened for a while.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 04:08:09 PM »
Perhaps Chris might have another look at it?  This has never happened to all of we posters, over the whole site at once, just individuals at different times.

Hang in there D1, it does eventually get resolved. It is a quirk and is difficult to track, by Chris, I'll bet.

jb

jb

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2015, 06:21:11 PM »
Perhaps Chris might have another look at it?  This has never happened to all of we posters, over the whole site at once, just individuals at different times.

Hang in there D1, it does eventually get resolved. It is a quirk and is difficult to track, by Chris, I'll bet.

jb

jb

Chris has taken a look again (as per the post below) two days ago jb.  I think D1 has continued to experience some posting problems.

Sorry about that. Try it now!

OK, here goes. great site, have enjoyed my time here and do find benefit albeit a long time between posting and any action being done by any party with any authority to do so.. About here the print runs right off the end of the page with no end in sight. Does not drop down a line, just continues on in one endless line of print. Anything I can try at this end? Most everyone else seems to have resolved the issue..
 Posts looking fine, just composing and editing still has a problem.. thanks D1
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:25:40 PM by debbiec »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 07:41:07 PM »
Okay, here is what I have noticed as per change. This may help or not.

The subject.  cell has been extended, and there is not a line at the end of the border.
Yes, we can get a longer title on it, but I wonder if this is contributing to the problem.
It is missing a vertical border line at the end.

Seems to me, each time a "cell", and I believe that the whole set up is a series of cells,
is changed, it can cause problems for some posters.

Perhaps if Chris can snap it back to its original it might solve the problem?
I know that it has nothing to do with the reply box, but it is worth a try.

Just guessing and trying to be helpful :)
jb
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:46:19 PM by jellybean »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 10:10:15 PM »
You are right JB except this should apply universally to all members, not just to some and not others.. We all post on the same site and thus in the same type cell do we not? Strange..

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »
You are right JB except this should apply universally to all members, not just to some and not others.. We all post on the same site and thus in the same type cell do we not? Strange..

It should, but it doesn't apply to everyone, oddly. Just the odd person, here and there which causes frustration.  Mystifying....

jb

jb