Author Topic: Catherine Campbell, Missing N.S. Police Officer  (Read 5027 times)

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:13:25 AM by Besani »

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Catherine Campbell, Missing N.S. Police Officer
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
It is just so senseless, another female gone too young from some jerk of a male that has nothing between his two ears. What in the hell is going on when a woman like Catherine, who had training in her field of work and was murdered. I just don't get it. They said he was not her boyfriend, but she knew him. I don't know the details of that, but they arrested him right away. Someone must have known where she was that evening, because they had him in custody in a very short time. My thoughts and prayers go out to her parents and friends and co-workers. I don't know anything about this young woman, but it sure is not easy to be a volunteer fire person or a police officer and she had been in that business for quite a while. What can we do in this country to stop the violence. All of this happened at the same time two people were murdered in Alberta, totally senseless loss of life and a baby. All of those acts of violence committed by young men. Well someone better start teaching something out there and getting to the hearts of these people. They cannot have any compassion or feeling in their bones when they can cold bloodedly just take someone's life. I just can't understand it, that it goes on and on and on. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
Shared with the fair dealings provisions of the Copyright Act:

https://www.localxpress.ca/local-news/police-charge-frank-magazines-andrew-douglas-with-violating-publication-ban-in-murder-case-345554

Police charge Frank Magazine's Andrew Douglas with violating publication ban in murder case

I had a copy of the article given to me and can see why the cops would be pissed that it was published.

Nish

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »
I do hope that Garnier gets the maximum sentence for this brutal murder of Officer Campbell, a young woman out for an evening. We think about how that evening started, as normal people go out on a Friday or a Saturday night and as old as we are some of us still like to go for a beer and wings or something like that. But this lady possibly knew people at that bar and that is why she went there, she felt comfortable. However, we do not know what occurred that evening. We hear she was being aggressive towards this man in a romantic way, well who knows what he put in her drink. I don't remember anything about a report on her blood work for that night.  So this is three people who did not know each other at the start of the evening. Garnier and his friend at some point met up with Catherine. So isn't it ironic that Garnier's friend ended up in the drunk tank all night (and this is one time it may have been the best thing that ever happened to him).  Garnier ended up charged with second degree murder and Catherine was a victim of a brutal homicide and did not ever get to go home again and was left in a dumpster and pushed under a bridge. So I guess in Halifax they call that a fun night, just saying, what a tragedy. And we've seen things like this happen in other parts of Canada and the US, women go out and young men and it all ends up in a tragedy.  I just also want to make a few comments on what I think happened that night.  I believe Catherine accompanied Garnier to his friend's apartment, possibly for a continuation of an evening, they were consenting adults. However, at some point I think Garnier became aggressive for some reason and that Catherine, being a Police Officer, not on duty, may have been going to place him under arrest or stated she was going to contact officers for help and attempted to call someone. That is what I think happened. I think that Garnier flipped and hit her and it escalated to ending  her life. That is what I think happened that evening.  The reason I say this is: The evidence of an eye witness indicated that after 5:00 a.m., he was standing on his balcony and saw a man cursing and swearing pushing a garbage bin over towards the bridge and placing it there and saw him walking back.  He also stated the man was in his bare feet. So even after he killed Catherine, he was still angry. So he didn't even think anything about her safety, so why didn't he call the ambulance after he hit her, he could have gotten her help and it would not have ended in murder. No, he did not do that and for the simple reason, he was trying to protect himself for some reason. But in all the efforts of trying to protect himself, he ended up killing Catherine in a fit of rage.  That is my opinion on what happened in that case that night. I do hope the prosecution thinks about that and brings it up at the trial. He is a brutal killer and should not be set free. He makes me sick to look at  him.  The girlfriend that came and stood by his side, she is going to regret that. She is only young and she just should run farther away from him instead of standing in the courtroom. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 01:51:05 PM »
The jury got it right.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 02:58:58 PM »
What did he get?

jb

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »
He got life in prison. But he was supposed to come back to court for when he would be eligible for parole. I am not sure if he went back to court yet for that or not. Also, I heard he was appealing the sentence he got, some kind of hogwash story for his appeal. Everyone has the right to an appeal, but they have to have grounds for it and there were three or four named on TV, I can't remember what they were now, but that is what every convicted person goes on with. So we'll be watching to see what he thinks he's going to squirm out of here. It was hard to think of what happened that this turned into such a brutal murder of a young woman. There were two more homicides in Dartmouth this weekend, one a male and the other a female and they were only a couple of blocks away from each other in different apartment buildings. There was nothing to say they are connected at this time. The crime rate is sure escalating in the Halifax area. :o :o :o :o :o :o