Author Topic: Terry Blanchette & Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette - Murdered -Blairmore, AB  (Read 29482 times)

Miracle

• View Profile
Re: Terry Blanchette & Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette - Murdered -Blairmore, AB
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »
There will be so much more to come out from all of this, God bless the ones who are saddened by tnis.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »
At  last we learn a  BIT more about Derek. My thoughts are also with his family today.
They too, must be suffering. The shock, pain and the aguish they must feel.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/09/17/more-questions-than-answers-surround-man-allegedly-at-centre-of-horrific-crowsnest-pass-slayings
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:50:48 AM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »

I've read in a few newspaper articles that Saretzky was also charged (on Wednesday) with breaking and entering and theft, stemming from an incident in August. Also that he faced stolen property and theft charges in 2012 and 2013. Apparently these matters were dealt with by alternative measures.

Kazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 03:19:59 PM »
Derek Saretzky: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
Published 11:37 am EDT, September 16, 2015 Updated 5:47 pm EDT, September 16, 2015   Officers were also seen at the back of the Blanchette family owned dry-cleaners.

3. Saretzky Faces Murder & Indignity to a Corpse Charges4. Since the Birth of His Daughter, Terry Blanchette Had Turned His Live Around
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:33:35 PM by debbiec »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 03:33:54 PM »
It was said that Saretsky worked for the family dry cleaning business owned by his Grandfather.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/man-charged-in-deaths-of-man-toddler-in-blairmore

However, the Saretzky family are longtime residents of the community, said Crowsnest Pass Mayor Blair Painter.

RCMP were seen Tuesday and Wednesday at the Blairmore dry cleaning business that residents say the family operates.

Perhaps you read Blanchette dry cleaning business, when it reads Blairmore?

Thank you for your post Kazoo. It certainly does cover important things that is good to know about this terrible, and confusing crime.
By your post, it appears that both young men were in trouble with the law at one point or other.  One cleaned up his ways for his daughter, and the other?...well...

The community is getting together to raise funds in memory of Mr. Blanchette and his little girl.

**edited to remove facebook link
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:20:29 PM by debbiec »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 09:56:38 PM »
Just a reminder that we no longer allow the posting of facebook links, or links to blogs, etc. on the site. Please feel free to post the name of the page (facebook) without a link. That way any who are interested can take a look.

Thanks,
Debbie

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 07:36:47 PM »
This crime is so disturbing and sad, that it's hard to comment...Except to ask WHY?

Jobo, this is exactly how I feel, even though I know that  the "why" is beyond comprehension.   

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 11:06:09 PM »
From the union of the couple, they totalled three. Now the total is one. :'(
When I think of it, this whole tragic loss makes me sick.

jb
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:12:06 PM by jellybean »

CCF

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 01:15:02 AM »
Something stinks to high heaven about all of this, 22 year olds don't just break into some random house and kill a father and child. I have the feeling the dad was definitely targeted- a "hit" if you will, and there are going be some very interesting developments in the future about this whole thing and my gut instinct is screaming there is more than one player.  I have my strong suspicions and why, but I will save that for another time when the investigation plays out.  My gut instinct is there is a puppet master and Saretzky was the puppet, in at least the murder of the father.

To me, the big thing to focus on is Terry was supposed to take Hailey to her mom or she was supposed to come down and get her the day before on Sunday, this is documented in several articles.  For whatever reason that has not been shared with the media/public, the meeting never took place to take Hailey back and she stayed with her dad that night.  This is why one theory I have is this was orchestrated by someone to murder the father and Hailey was not supposed to be there, but as she was, she became a victim of circumstance.  One important clue is an uncle stated to the media something to the effect of "...she wouldn't go with anyone willingly, she barely comes to me and I know her so she'd be making a lot of noise".  Perhaps she woke up with the commotion and fearing her crying would wake up neighbours (the residence appears to be a duplex), the accused took her and acted alone in her murder which is why she was abducted and taken out of town.  His cell phone will reveal some very interesting texts and phone calls I bet as it doesn't make any sense whatsoever why an innocent toddler would be included as a target of foul play. 

This is why I also believe the murder of the 69 year old lady on September 9th in the Pass is related and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the accused in this case murdered her as well.  Why?  He needed a test run to see if he could break into a house and go through with killing someone...and wouldn't you know, the victim in that case is next door neighbours to Saretzky's grandparents (http://globalnews.ca/news/2227871/rcmp-probe-possible-connection-between-blairmore-murders-and-coleman-homicide/).  That is way too coincidental for me to bypass.

Something is just not right with any of this.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015, 05:30:03 AM »
CCF...there was a crime several years ago In a small town in my neck of the woods. ( I mentioned it  on this forum at the time).
A little girl (4 yrs old. I believe) was kidnapped out of the woman's washroom in the arena, taken out in the field, sexually assaulted and left for dead.  Thankfully her parents, and others found her very quickly and she survived.
The perp was found pretty quick too.....he was a young offender (17) and he worked at the arena.  ( I had figured whoever did this crime must of had keys to the arena since they unlocked the door in the washroom that leads outside).

Btw...the perp is already out of jail and in a half way house.  I knew his family through sports, he is the youngest of three sons.
My thinking is guys like him and probably Saretsky too, do not develop the same as normal males during puberty and their sexuality and thinking go off track.  All their friends are dating and having normal relationships, but they aren't.They spend too much time alone with their sick thoughts, until they become so strong, these guys act on them. I wonder if Saretsky ever dated.
The guy I described from the arena must have been crazy to think he wouldn't get caught....but is the drive to attack so strong they can't stop it?  And how the hell are they cured?   Like I said this young offender is already out of jail....

Saretsky is charged with two counts of first degree murder and one count of indignity to a body.  Indignity to a body can mean all kinds of things, so I am not clear on that charge he is faced with.
He could have left little Hailey in the house, she was too young to turn him in, could have locked her in a bedroom, if he just wanted to kill her father, but he didn't, ..so, I think his target was the poor little child and her daddy tried his best to protect her..

CCF

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 09:09:48 AM »
CCF...there was a crime several years ago In a small town in my neck of the woods. ( I mentioned it  on this forum at the time).
A little girl (4 yrs old. I believe) was kidnapped out of the woman's washroom in the arena, taken out in the field, sexually assaulted and left for dead.  Thankfully her parents, and others found her very quickly and she survived.
The perp was found pretty quick too.....he was a young offender (17) and he worked at the arena.  ( I had figured whoever did this crime must of had keys to the arena since they unlocked the door in the washroom that leads outside).
Btw...the perp is already out of jail and in a half way house.  I knew his family through sports, he is the youngest of three sons.
My thinking is guys like him and probably Saretsky too, do not develop the same as normal males during puberty and their sexuality and thinking go off track.  All their friends are dating and having normal relationships, but they aren't.They spend too much time alone with their sick thoughts, until they become so strong, these guys act on them. I wonder if Saretsky ever dated.
The guy I described from the arena must have been crazy to think he wouldn't get caught....but is the drive to attack so strong they can't stop it?  And how the hell are they cured?   Like I said this young offender is already out of jail....

Saretsky is charged with two counts of first degree murder and one count of indignity to a body.  Indignity to a body can mean all kinds of things, so I am not clear on that charge he is faced with.
He could have left little Hailey in the house, she was too young to turn him in, could have locked her in a bedroom, if he just wanted to kill her father, but he didn't, ..so, I think his target was the poor little child and her daddy tried his best to protect her..

I dunno Jobo...I just don't think he acted alone in this, I strongly beleve there is much more to this whole story than a kid who snapped one day.  The first degree murder charge in the baby's death would be issued because her murder was inclusive of her abduction, so 1st degree murder charges automatically apply as per the Criminal Code-even if her murder was not planned but the father's was.  There is so much conflicting info right now in regards to the shared custody arangements. Some are saying she lived with Terry full time with visitation  to the mother and the mother is saying it was a 2 & 2 arrangement.

Similarly to Nathan O'Brien, I don't believe she was supposed to be there. As for the indignity charges, it could be because he left her body in the woods post mortem and tried to conceal her or it could be something more vile.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 12:57:43 PM »
Perhaps you're right CCF.
Like you say though, There is a lot of conflicting info.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 08:43:40 PM »
According to news articles, the perp and the victim knew each other, and disliked each other.  I believe Terry was targeted, and the child, had to be disposed of as she could identify him. The question is why kill Terry?

Terry was murdered around 3:30 am and the child was abducted, and .... to quote from Kazoo's article;
Derek Saretzky lived in Coleman, a neighboring town to Blairmore. The Calgary Herald reports that police descended on his home in the town at around 7:30 a.m. on September 15. Officers were also seen at the back of the Blanchette family owned dry-cleaners.

Within four hours of the abduction law enforcement  honed in on Saretsky. 

He was charged with First Degree Murder and here is the criteria for such a charge; First of all -  It is Planned and Deliberate

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-231.html

You are right CCF, there is more here than meets the eye.

JB

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:10:47 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 09:18:19 PM »
We may as well put this article up CCF, and thanks for the heads up and the link.
This could just be a coincidence.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2227871/rcmp-probe-possible-connection-between-blairmore-murders-and-coleman-homicide/RCMP say at this time they have no information to suggest the two cases are connected, but are exploring all possible angles.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »
This is so tragic on so many levels. :'(

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/family-of-derek-saretzky-shocked-devastated-by-news-of-murder-charges

Family of Derek Saretzky shocked, devastated by news of murder charges
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:09:44 PM by jellybean »