Author Topic: Missing Posts  (Read 9020 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Missing Posts
« on: September 12, 2015, 10:37:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

It seems we have some kind of an issue with posts not showing up on the threads. It was first brought to my attention yesterday by a member who had posted in response to something written on the Ruth Degayo thread. When clicking on recent topics it showed that there was a new post there, but it was not there if one went to read. This has continued to be the case with new posts on that thread. I am the fourth person to write something on that thread that does not show up. I simply wrote "testing" to see if it would appear and it did not. When clicking on 'recent posts' a few minutes ago, no recent posts show for this thread, however they do show at the bottom of the page as if there are recent posts.

I'm not sure at this point if this is the only thread affected, or if there are others that I have not become aware of. If anyone is posting and finds their post does not show up on the thread please let me know.

Thanks,
Debbie

PandaBearKitty

Re: Missing Posts
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:41:32 AM »
Thank you for confirming this for me.   I am one who tried to post as well and nada showing up.    Hope this is fixed soon.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 11:59:02 AM »
Yes, you were one of the people who posted on that thread also.

I just checked a post that was written by JB a few minutes ago on '10 years since the Disappearance of Melind Eve White'. It isn't there either, although looks like it is when clicking on recent topics.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 12:21:43 PM »
I posted on Paula Stiles, and Boland as a test post, and they are there.

This is weird. It is almost as though someone with invisibility is playing games.

Just wondering, if it is possible. ?? :-[

jb
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:28:35 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 12:41:20 PM »
It doesn't seem to be all threads, or happen every time a post is written.

I tend to think more along the lines of a 'glitch'. We've seen them before with various things on the site. 

I have messaged Chris, as he is the one who takes care of the technical end of things on the site. Hopefully he sees my message soon.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 03:49:35 PM »
When one clicks on the Degayos site, the number of times read, does not change.
It remains the same.

Thanks debbiec for looking after it by contacting Chris, and other things.

jb

supernatural

• Just trying to help
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 05:53:56 PM »
yeah, me too.  my post did not show up either... :(

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 06:28:55 PM »
I updated teh site, I hope this eliminates this problem! Sorry about that yall!

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 02:20:48 AM »
I am also seeing that the members names only have some letters but not their user name . Thanks Chris and Deb we appreciate this site and the work yous both put into it .

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »
I am also seeing that the members names only have some letters but not their user name . Thanks Chris and Deb we appreciate this site and the work yous both put into it .

That's really odd. I haven't seen that, but will keep my eyes open for it now that you've mentioned it.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »
Problems in Reply Box.  I am missing the right hand "margin" in the reply box.  The reply box is not completely enclosed.  I can type forever, and it will continue to on - leaving the unsolved page.
jb
 ps. It is only when typing - which is unnerving, however, when I post it, it looks normal.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 12:48:40 PM »
I am experiencing the same problem as jellybean with the right margin in the reply box.

2soccermom

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »
Me too --
no right margin in messages. I had that also in making a post on SVs board (had to go in and "modify" the post for weird spacing from my hard "enter" choices, lol) a few days ago -- not sure if that is still a problem with posting or not. Was still a problem last night with pm.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »
There are two new videos added to the site at the very bottom.  Could that have something to do with it.?  The video on the left is slightly outside the margin, as well as the one on the right.
Not complaining - just explaining.
Heaven's knows, I am not a techy.  I could not put up a picture, let alone a video if my life depended upon it.

The two videos were beautifully done!!  Very touching, actually.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:49:21 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »
Thanks for your input everyone.

As some of you have mentioned, I have also had problems (only very recently) with the right hand margin in messages. This has happened only since the two videos have been posted at the bottom of the page. Whether that is coincidence, I don't know.

I will speak with Chris regarding these new problems.