Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Dan William Hiers (Pedophile Wanted In South Carolina) May be in Canada  (Read 4824 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=30956

The Pedophile Cop! This guy also killed his wife. He needs to caught!

The public has been keeping their eyes peeled for Dan Hiers, who was accused of murdering his wife, Ludimila in March 2005 and molesting a young girl months earlier. Law enforcement officers say they have received calls from people who have claimed to see Hiers in Massachusetss, North Carolina, New York and even in Canada. Shortly after he first appeared on AMW, a tipster told cops that they had spotted Hiers in Toronto, but a search was inconclusive.

Now police think Hiers may be in Mexico after his dead wife's car was found abandoned in a hospital parking lot in Laredo, Texas -- just miles from the Mexican border. The red Chevrolet Aveo had no license plates and the Vehicle Identification Number had been pried off the dashboard. When Laredo police were finally able to retrieve the VIN, they discovered that it was linked to a nationwide manhunt for Hiers.

A check of hospital surveillance cameras showed that the car had been parked in the same spot since about a month after the Goose Creek, S.C. murder of Hiers' wife. For days, investigators scoured the streets of Laredo -- talking to locals, visiting convenience stores and gas stations, and checking bus stops.

"We are hoping someone will identify him," said Goose Creek Investigator Fred W. Bothman. "I mean, he stands 6 feet 3 inches tall, is an outsider, and is blond, blue-eyed. I would imagine he would stick out like a sore thumb here."

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Dan William Hiers (Pedophile Wanted In South Carolina) May be in Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 03:31:29 PM »

This scumbag has been aired on AMW, multiple times. There was a supposed sighting of him in Toronto, a few years ago. Any way, I recognise the face, and the build. He would be hard to disguise, unless he took to glasses, died his hair, and grew a beard.

No matter where he is, the guy is el creepo, for sure. Nothing worse than a dirty cop!!! This ex cop, will get his behind bars one day, I hope. >:( >:( >:(

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 02:43:36 AM »
WHen I saw him on AMW, I wanted to puke. He's the sickest kind of human there is.

Thankfully that brave little girl spoke up and put an end to it. I hope he is not in Canada!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:30:47 AM »

You know how guys, will sometimes change their appearance. Like I knew this Pastor from where I worked, and he had a big batch of thick, black hair, and full beard, mustache, etc... WEll, he walks in to eat, and good Lord, What a Babe!

I said, look at that hunk of man!!!He could of been on a Malboro Commercial.Thje wife, asked for the change. Ha!! HEE!!!

Tranformation, with a flick of a Bic!!! ;) ;D ;D

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 06:59:43 PM »
Some folks can do that I guess, but why would this guy? No one would suspect him of anything up here. He probably found a fellow pedophile to move in with somewhere.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 10:18:32 PM »
This guy was just profiled again tonight on America's Most Wanted. He is still on the run although there have been numerous sitings of him. Maybe this will be the night that the right tip will come in so they can finally get this creep.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 11:14:27 PM »

???
Hi! I thought Daniel Hiers was caught, in the southern states or mexico. I didn't realize he was still on the loose. Yeah, this jerk could be here in some small town in Canada, especially the North. He knows survival, understands how cops work, and is uncanny in his ability to keep dodging the cops. I even wonder, if he still has a cop friend, who lets him know what is happening.

I hope he is turned in by someone, as it is really weird, after all the airplay this dude got, he still wasn't found. Hell he could have gained 30 pounds, grown a beard, shaved his head, got some tatoos, dressed in a different style, and wears colored contact lessons. Hard to say.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 12:54:12 AM »
I hope they get some tips. No matter where he goes, he will find someone to abuse.

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »
Dan William Hiers is still on the top Dirty dozen list of wanted by AMW. Last believed to have fled to Mexico.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here