Someone Knows Something - CBC
Podcast By David Ridgen, an award-winning filmmaker

Sign The Petition!

Help find Sheryl Sheppard

Author Topic: Thelma Krull - Missing July 11, 2015 -- Winnipeg MB  (Read 8463 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Thelma Krull - Missing July 11, 2015 -- Winnipeg MB
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2016, 10:34:05 PM »
On a facebook page, someone had the image of Thelma (taken from the cctv camera) enlarged.
Although it is blurry, it looks like Thelma has something over her shoulder - looks like a large handbag. Unless it is a shadow, and is a trick to the eye, but I don't think so.

There was no mention of her carrying anything by police in their description.
Is that something that they are holding back?

They have her phone and eyeglasses - where is the object that she had slung on her shoulder? (I had originally thought they were her hiking boots), but she was definately carrying something on her shoulder - as per the captured photo from the cctv.

If she was abducted, it would have been very swift and carried out by someone who had good strength, as Thelma was not a tiny woman.

To my mind, I think the victim and the perp knew each other. He knew where to find her and where she would be at that precise time.  He simply drove up and did it.  That is why no one saw anything nor heard anything (screams)  as she knew him. It was that fast.

jb

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 10:43:57 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 08:22:16 AM »
Thelma left the house at 7:20 a.m - to take a hike around her usual park.
She was reported missing at 10:30 a.m.

Remarkably fast.... Gone 3 hours, not a full day, nor two days, just 3 hours.

Would be quite the thing, if other families did the same thing?  Or, is there a common sense reason for families to hold off - hoping that their loved one will have a change of heart and return home?

Perhaps Thelma was always on time - never late for anything and never for her grandsons birthday party - that raised early alarm bells?

Media said "reported missing", I assume the police were called.
If so, did the police cruise around the area to see if they could spot her?

Did her family also check her usual walking routes to look for her, before calling the police?
It is a bit frightening to think that this grandmother could just vanish into thin air.

No citizen reported seeing  her at the park,  therefore I wondered; perhaps she did not go to that particular area on that fateful morning, deciding to take another route.

But on the other hand, her glasses and cell phone were located 4 days later in her usual park.

If the glasses and cell phone had been there for four long days, one would think it would have been found on day one, the day that she disappeared. Cell phones can be spotted on the ground. I cannot picture the cell phone lying there for four days.  I mean, it must have been visible, in order to be discovered in the first place!!

What happened to Thelma??
Such a mystery!!

jb

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:50:33 AM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2016, 01:44:54 PM »
I don't remember this case at all and possibly just thought this was solved. I also notice there is not a lot of activity on here of people posting from western Canada. This is very unusual that someone could just disappear just like that. If she was taken, it is kind of mind boggling, because she is not a tiny person, if someone was abducting her, it would have to be more then one person. If she had ear phones listening to music, she would be certainly not aware of things around her. Would she have been hit by a vehicle maybe, that way her glasses would come off. It kind of sounds like a very strange case to me. The cell phone being found. I know that is a way people are traced from the pings off their phone. I also think it is a strange remark by family members, that she may have been abducted. Of course, early in the morning sometimes there are homeless people around and they are looking for an easy mark, money is on their minds for drugs or whatever and they will stop at nothing to get this. Just because people look innocent driving bicycles, doesn't mean they are. This should be brought to the attention of the public once again, doing a story on W5 or the Fifth Estate and see if they get any more clues to what happened to Thelma. Obviously, she did not just disappear on her own, someone had a hand in it. :o :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 09:33:09 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-missing-winnipeg-police-update-1.3801362

Missing woman Thelma Krull possibly spotted with man, police say
Grandmother was 57 when she went missing in Winnipeg in July 2015
CBC News Posted: Oct 12, 2016 8:52 AM CT Last Updated: Oct 12, 2016 5:43 PM CT

It's alleged that a woman with a similar description was spotted on July 11, 2015 — the day Krull left her home in the Valley Gardens area to go for a walk — near Kimberly Avenue east of Gateway Road, "in the company of a heavy-set man" who was about five feet, eight inches tall, weighing 270 pounds, with a "bowl-style haircut," police said Wednesday.

"This information was brought to our attention as a result of the most recent … news release that we did in July 2016, but the sighting itself goes back to the original disappearance date," Const. Jason Michalyshen told reporters.

1 year after Thelma Krull's disappearance, friends and family gather to remember her
Thelma Krull may have been abducted, police say
Possible witness in Thelma Krull investigation comes up empty
It's not known whether the woman and man were walking or driving in the area, which was not far from the location where Krull was last seen.

Investigators hope releasing details of the possible sighting will prompt people to come forward with more tips, Michalyshen said.

"We haven't confirmed that this is Thelma. We've received this information and now we're at a point where we need more information," he said.

"Is this information relevant to move this investigation forward? Is this information that we need to act further on? Is this information that we need to dismiss and move on to something else?"

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 01:58:09 PM »
Going on two years, and nothing on Selma.

jb

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 02:59:26 AM »
I just read an article that says they have legally declared Thelma dead.

I worry....what if she was kidnapped and is being held captive?
It has happened before, I think of the victim down east that managed to escape.

Long Gone

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-declared-dead-1.4280559

Missing Winnipeg grandmother Thelma Krull legally declared dead
Krull was last seen leaving her East Kildonan home in 2015
CBC News Posted: Sep 08, 2017

A Winnipeg grandmother who mysteriously vanished while out walking two years ago has been declared legally dead by the courts.

Thelma Krull, who was 57, was last seen leaving her East Kildonan home on July 11, 2015, and never returned. There were some reports that she'd been seen walking that day, but there are no known sightings of her since then.

In August, Krull's husband, Robert, filed an application in the Court of Queen's Bench seeking an order under Manitoba's Presumption of Death Act to declare his wife deceased so that he can deal with her estate.
"Thelma did not have any serious financial, employment or other legal problems and her disappearance was completely out of character for her," he said about his wife in a sworn affidavit.

On Thursday, a Court of Queen's Bench Justice signed an order declaring her presumed dead.

"The family is still hopeful that information will become available in regards to Thelma Krull's disappearance," said Tyler Derksen, the family's lawyer.

Police have said they believe foul play is involved in the case and released sketches of a suspect in her disappearance in July. Police also said they believe she was involved in a physical altercation with a man and forcibly taken from the area.
Krull was seen with a heavy-set man in the area of Kimberly Avenue and Grey Street and appeared to be in distress, police have said.

"There was conflict between these two at the time," Sgt. Wes Rommel said in July.

Asked whether investigators believe it's possible Krull is still alive, Rommel said, "that's a very difficult question to answer.

"The reality of it is, based on the circumstances of the information I've just presented to you ? and the fact that it's two years plus [since Krull's disappearance], it doesn't look good. But at the same time, I'm not here to remove anybody's hope."

Homicide investigators would like to speak with anyone who may have information regarding this male or a possible sighting of Thelma Krull in his company near Kimberly Avenue and Gateway Road. (Winnipeg Police Service)

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2017, 01:10:14 PM »
Thelma worked at a Group Home.  I have often wondered if there was a conflict with a member of a family regarding their relative's care. 

Eg.  Was Thelma involved in having a client removed from the Group Home due to his/her behaviour?

Family can get very upset when this happens.  Especially for those clients that are difficult to place, and the family is forced to take them home to contend with them.

Any confrontation with a family member over such a scenario, would certainly cause Thelma distress.

Just a thought.  And I hope police will look into that possibility.

jb