Author Topic: Thelma Krull - Missing July 11, 2015 -- Winnipeg MB  (Read 13877 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Thelma Krull - Missing July 11, 2015 -- Winnipeg MB
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 02:30:38 PM »
When Thelma was observed on the cctv she had her hiking boots tied by the laces, and carried over her right shoulder, like a handbag.

If she had been yanked into a vehicle, where are her boots?  i would think that they would have slipped off and fallen to the ground, after all her glasses were found in one spot, and her cell phone later found in another.

If someone yanked me into a car, my handbag would slip off my shoulder. I can't visualize her boots staying on her shoulder through an abduction.
Can you?

jb
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:36:41 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 02:45:44 PM »
Thelma was on her daily hike/walk, so what were her hiking boots doing slung over her shoulders? I don't remember reading that before.

Excerpt from first article page 1.

She was last seen wearing black capri-style pants, a reddish-orange shirt, hiking boots and glasses.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:48:49 PM by Sap1 »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »
Thanks for that. I was "sure" that I saw a video with her boots over her shoulder, but I must be wrong.

She was training for a 75 km hike: I think she went "missing" by someone that she knew jmo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am quoting from an article - she disappeared in 14 seconds in a residential neighbourhood.

Krull walked into the view of an area resident's surveillance camera at 7:23:30 on July 11, 2015, and 14 seconds later she vanishes from the screen.

It marks the last moment Krull was seen after going for a walk from her home in Harbourview South.

Other than the video, which shows Krull walking through the residential neighbourhood by herself on a sunny weekend morning, the only other sign ever found of the woman after her disappearance was her glasses during a search near the Valley Gardens Community Centre.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/a-year-later-no-answers-in-search-for-thelma-krull-386216941.html

One year later -- (hmm) I wonder if she tried 911 on her phone or perhaps she attempted to send a text} jb

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/mobile/no-new-info-from-woman-sought-in-krull-investigation-police-1.2982042

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:34:17 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 05:35:03 PM »
Here is a video of Bob and daughter being interviewed in their home shortly after her disappearance.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Krull-320837371.html

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »
I am quoting from an article - she disappeared in 14 seconds in a residential neighbourhood.

I took that to mean she disappeared within 14 seconds out of the camera range, but I could be wrong. In 15 minutes she would have been at the park.

The link took me to various Olympic sports and other news on crimes but I didn't see the interview. :(

As far as what the police say, imo, either they have tunnel vision, or whatever they found on her cell phone makes them say what they did ... intended for someone specific.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »
In Aug. of last year, police had interviewed the first batch of people, who were captured on video. They did not see anything.  Then they went to the public with further descriptions of those in the area, a woman walking a dog, and a vehicle.
So, it is obvious that there were plenty of people in the area as early as 8:00 a.m.
I don't know the outcome of the last plea.\jb

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Police-looking-for-vehicle-possibly-connected-to-disappearance-of-Thelma-Krull-321884402.htmlidentify the occupants of a newer, dark coloured Dodge Caravan or Volkswagen Routan which was seen in and around the area of Civic Park (Valley Gardens) on the morning of July 11," stated a police news release.

"Further, it is believed that a woman was walking a dog in the area just prior to 8 a.m. on July 11 and investigators are looking to speak with her.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 08:41:57 PM »
Try this one.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/multimedia/video/local/exclusive-interview-with-thelma-krulls-family-4-weeks-after-she-went-missing-320841541.html

jb

I could not access until I made an account, so I made an account, then they proceeded to tell me it was free and then this following. Not giving them my Visa account, forget that BS. That is why I cannot view videos or read there.

Thanks for visiting!
In order to keep reading you need to add a payment method to your account. To start your FREE 30-day unlimited trial please provide a payment method below.

Additionally, you will have unlimited access to all obituaries at no additional charge as long as you have a payment method on your account.

Please add a payment method by clicking the button below.

ADD A PAYMENT METHOD TO CONTINUE

If you would prefer a monthly subscription, you can see your choices on our Subscription Page

If you are a print subscriber*, you are entitled to unlimited online access at no extra charge. Please link your account to your print subscription .

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 08:45:52 PM »
Oh No, >:(  I did not run into that.) I would not pay for anything either.

This still reminds me of Lorraine Roach case in Ontario. Lorraine has still not been located.

jb
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 09:16:34 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/07/10/one-year-later-krulls-disappearance-fresh-in-many-mindssaid Peter Court, executive director of Special People In Kildonan East (S.P.I.K.E.), where Krull was employed.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 10:38:22 PM »
Here is an interview video at CTV studio very shortly after she went missing./jb

Very interesting. Past tense, present tense, and future tense thrown in.......

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=660291
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:43:06 PM by jellybean »

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2016, 04:22:56 PM »
I wonder if tracking dogs were used when her glasses were found.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 10:04:09 PM »
I wonder if tracking dogs were used when her glasses were found.

This articles claims they used tracking dogs, and on page 1, reply # 4, they also did a water search.

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/search-intensifies-for-missing-woman-thelma-krull-1.2469353

Meghan Roberts, CTV Winnipeg
Published Tuesday, July 14, 2015 4:33PM CST
Last Updated Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:23PM CST
The Winnipeg Police Service blocked off a community centre in northeast Winnipeg while searching for Thelma Krull Tuesday afternoon.
Police searched Valley Gardens Community Club and nearby fields with help from volunteer search and rescue teams.
Thelma Krull has been missing since early Saturday morning.

Search for Thelma Krull
Police searched Valley Gardens Community Club and nearby fields on July 14, 2015, looking for signs of missing woman Thelma Krull.
 Thelma Krull
The Krull family is asking Winnipeggers to print off their mother's missing poster and plaster it across town. (File)
The 57-year-old left her house in Harbourview for a hike, and hasn't been seen since.
Family members said she's athletic and reliable, and are worried that she's been gone for so long.
They've been organizing large search parties of volunteers to search areas she may have gone.
MSAR Search and Rescue joined the hunt on Tuesday with their specially-trained dogs.
George Leonard brought two dogs to track Krull's possible movements.

The Krull family is asking Winnipeggers to print off their mother's missing poster and plaster it across town.
Updates on the search for Krull and her missing poster are posted on Facebook in the group Thelma Krull Missing.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 08:50:31 PM »
Note: nothing was said about the tracking dogs leading them to her, however, I wonder if they {the dogs) indicated that she possibly entered a vehicle. 

jb

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »
Note: nothing was said about the tracking dogs leading them to her, however, I wonder if they {the dogs) indicated that she possibly entered a vehicle. 

jb

That could be why they are saying "abduction" now. The dogs would come to a dead end. I wonder if they were able to get tire impressions ... likely not.