Author Topic: Thelma Krull - Missing July 11, 2015 -- Winnipeg MB  (Read 13743 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Thelma Krull - Missing July 11, 2015 -- Winnipeg MB
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 09:38:21 AM »
Police earlier released a photo of two cyclists in the area that morning who were captured on surveillance video. They released photos of three pedestrians at a Monday morning media briefing. They ask that the three, who were recorded near Valley Gardens at about 8 a.m. July 11, contact police. Anyone else in the area that morning is also asked to call police at 204-986-6508 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-8477.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2120608/police-update-media-on-thelma-krull-missing-person-case/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:42:13 AM by debbiec »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 09:59:01 AM »
Police believe Krull was in the area around Valley Garden Community Centre and Kildonan East Collegiate around 8 a.m. that day.

Police also released an image of two cyclists who they believe were in that general area around the same time. Police said they are not suspects, but are nevertheless people investigators would like to speak to.

Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at 204-986-6508 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/17/update-coming-on-krull-case

SAP

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
Videos at this link also.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/manitoba/story/1.3159810

Excerpt:

Michalyshyn would not comment on if Krull's bank accounts have been accessed or if her home has been searched by investigators.

"Everything that you have suggested is part of the investigation," he told reporters. "I'm not going to divulge the outcome."

Krull's husband of 29 years, Robert, however, told CBC News her bank cards are all at home and the accounts have not been used.

Michalyshyn was also reluctant to talk about items recovered by investigators.

"I'm not going to get into specifics of those," he said. "I'm just going to say items have been located."

He did, however, say police have no information to suggest any members of the public should be concerned.

She did apparently have a waist money belt, but who goes shopping without their bank cards/credit cards/ID ?

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 05:30:00 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/police-divers-search-for-thelma-krull-missing-for-11-days-1.3163577

Police divers search for Thelma Krull, missing for 11 days
Police say they're covering as large an area as possible by checking park ponds

CBC News Posted: Jul 22, 2015 11:29 AM CT Last Updated: Jul 22, 2015 1:29 PM CT

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Missing-womans-family-organizes--318674611.html

Vigil for Thelma Krull set for tonight
By: Alexandra Paul

Posted: 07/27/2015 1:07 PM    | Comments: 4

{They found her glasses around the community centre, and police have found other items, although what they are, the police would not say}jb
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:55:20 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile

PandaBearKitty

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/family-doubles-reward-in-case-of-missing-winnipeg-grandmother-1.2571251

Family doubles reward in case of missing Winnipeg grandmother

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:19AM EDT
A Winnipeg family has doubled the reward for anybody with information on what happened to a grandmother who went missing in July.
Thelma Krull, 57, was last seen on July 11, when she left home to go on a hike. She was supposed to meet her husband later in the day, but never arrived.
On July 20, police released the images of three people they believed may have information on the case.

But so far, officers have only been able to recover Krull's glasses, which were found near a community centre on July 14.
On Friday, more than two months after Krull disappeared, her daughter announced that the family is now offering $20,000 to anybody with information.
"Please, someone must have seen or known something," Besser said on a Facebook page devoted to finding her mother. "Even if you think it's not important, phone in anything suspicious you may have seen that morning. It could seem small, but could be the link to help find her."
Friends and family pitched in to supply the extra reward money, and part of the $20,000 came from the "Whistle for Thelma" fundraiser.
The fundraiser was organized by the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 505, which represents Winnipeg Transit Drivers. The International Transit Union also donated money for the reward.
Besser said police have been regularly receiving tips about her mother, but so far, nothing has led to a break in the case.
With files from CTV Winnipeg

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 06:50:52 PM »
If CCTV caught Thelma at 7:45am on her usual Walk..was she going to walk all the way to Canadian Tire?
Her husband was not concerned until she didn't show up at their arranged time, 10a.m.

If she was going shopping, one would think she would take her money/cards, unless their custom was for Him to pay for everything.
And/or she didn't want to go walking with money/cards on her.

Why would anyone want to harm her?  And yet the police are considering this a homicide, not a planned departure.
I suppose I should have said disappearance, but, departure came out....hmm

I wonder what else, any vehicles, pedestrians the CCTV caught that morning in the same spot it captured Thelma, after Thelma passed by.
Hopefully the police really looked over the surveillance to match vehicles, and talk to everyone seen on video.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 06:19:59 PM »
quote from reply #9

"Last month, partial human remains were found in the Red River in Selkirk. A boater discovered a leg still attached to a boot that was similar to what Krull was wearing the day she went missing."
and -
"An RCMP spokesperson said investigators have not yet identified the remains or gender, but it does not belong to Thelma Krull. 

Muscat said these incidents are always frustrating and emotionally draining.

"Well come on, who is it then?" she said."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How odd that investigators are certain that this is not Thelma, when they have yet to identify the remains.

Who can verify that they saw her leave her home?
Was she actually caught on camera?  If so - where does one see it?
And why did homicide get involved so quickly?

also - "She was last seen in the Harbour View area and her glasses were found a few days later on the ground at Kimberly Hill in the Valley Gardens area. "

Who saw her? Are they sure it was her?

At one point Police claim that there is no reason for the public to be alarmed.

jb

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:38:07 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 06:28:44 PM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:42:28 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 12:09:36 PM »
Her husband and family say that they are not surprsed that she was abducted. Also, that people should be more aware of their surroundings.

I scratch my head over this one.
What type of  stranger would want to abduct a 57 year old woman?
She was not carrying anything of value.  Her cell phone was found - so it couldn't be that!
She did not carry a bank card, nor a purse.  She carried her hiking boots.
It was daylight - people were around.

Stranger abduction is not adding up imo.

There is a lot more behind this story, yet to be revealed.
I wonder if the police checked the accuracy of the date on the street camera, where she was viewed passing by it.

jb

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:14:16 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 12:31:47 PM »
Nor can I see a medical emergency. If she had such, she would have been found, would have been seen eventually by others out walking and would likely have had assist to emergency care, imo. I can see glasses falling off and getting bent a little if the person falls, but a body that has fallen doesn't just disintegrate into thin air.
That is an odd comment for family to make ... not surprised ... although the video showed Thelma walking and looking at her cell phone. If she had music in her ears and changing tunes, she really was not aware of what was going on around her.

Something I always wondered about in the video, Thelma at one point seemed to have quickened her walking as she was looking down at her cellphone. I wonder if anyone else noticed that ... could be just my imagination.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 01:39:04 PM »
I scratch my head over this one.
What type of  stranger would want to abduct a 57 year old woman?

jb

One never knows who is out there lurking. Remember this case where a 54 year old woman was abducted upon leaving work to walk to her car in the parking lot? Abducted, walked out of the area by the perp, and held captive. Thankfully she was able to escape weeks later, but not before being put through quite an ordeal.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3253.0
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:42:40 PM by debbiec »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 02:27:04 PM »
Since 2010 there has been an influx of offenders moved to Winnipeg ... some pedos and others who targeted females of varying ages.
So abduction is likely more plausible than medical emergency.