Author Topic: Baby Doe 4 years old - Massachusetts - June 2015  (Read 7539 times)

PandaBearKitty

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Doe 4 years old - Massachusetts - June 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 04:03:44 PM »
Here's a little larger picture of Baby Doe. What a beautiful little girl.

jtmtpleasant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »
I can't believe this poor little angel hasn't been identified yet. Like someone must know who she is.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 09:20:15 AM »
Panda, thanks for putting this baby's picture on here. I meant to put that on here and forgot. This darling little baby girl, who could have done this. I believe that she was possibly left with someone who was supposed to care for her or someone who had visitation rights. I think she maybe from another country, such as Mexico or somewhere in Europe. If some older people do not use the internet or are travelling, they would not see the news or whatever. I believe someone is travelling that owns this child and left her in the care of someone else and they do not even know she has been found. It is important to keep this child's face in the news. I did share it on Facebook, but some people may think she has been found. I thought about this baby yesterday and was going to look up the news on it and check on her status. I am going to repost this on Facebook and say that she still has not been identified. I think we should all do that. I have people on my Facebook from all over, because I play a game and we make friends that way. So everywhere her picture can be seen is vital to her identification.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »
Officials now believe 'Baby Doe' was left on rocks and did not wash ashore
Officials now believe 'Baby Doe' was placed on rocks along the Boston Harbor shoreline and did not was ashore
Her body was not waterlogged enough to have been submerged in the water for an extended period of time they have determined
They also believe she likely lived in the area and that the person who placed her on the rocks did so as it was 'expedient'
A preliminary autopsy reveals that she did not ingest any chemicals before her death, and her body shows no visible signs of trauma
Police believe she may have been accidentally poisoned
'Baby Doe' is believed to have been four-years-old and was discovered on June 25 wrapped in a black plastic trash bag

By Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com
Published: 15:02 GMT, 14 July 2015  | Updated: 01:06 GMT, 15 July 2015

New developments have emerged in the quest to identify 'Baby Doe,' the still unidentified child who was found dead in Boston late last month.

After weeks of reports that stated the four-year-old likely washed ashore when she was discovered on the rocks along the shore of Deer Island - which has a 2.6-mile recreational perimeter accessible to the public - authorities now believe the young girl was left on the rocks already dead.

They are basing this on the condition of her body, and also now stating that they think she likely lived in the area.

'I think she was disposed of very quickly and the disposal site was one that was expedient for the offender,' FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole told CNN during an interview Monday night.

This however makes the case even more baffling to O'Toole.

'There is a remarkable silence surrounding this child,' she said.

'If she's not known by a baby sitter, she's not known by a day care, why is that?'

Many theories continue to to be explored, but the one that she may have been from Canada and washed ashore has now been disproved because of the body's condition.

What's more, an autopsy now shows that the child ingested no poison and her body showed no obvious signs of trauma.

Police now believe she may have been accidentally poisoned by someone.

'Baby Doe' was discovered on June 25 on the Boston harbor shoreline wrapped in a black plastic garbage bag.

Her computer-generated image has now been seen by more than 50million people, and still police are the FBI are now closer to identifying the young girl.

'Who she is and where she's from remain a mystery to us,' Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley said during a press conference last week.

'I think we all know she's a beautiful child. She deserves dignity.'

Anyone with any information about this toddler is urged to call Massachusetts State Police at 508-820-2121 (24-hour number), the Suffolk County State Police Detective Unit at 617-727-8817, or Winthrop Police at 617-539-5806.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3160910/Officials-believe-Baby-Doe-left-rocks-did-not-ashore-focus-search-local-residents-believe-likely-area.html

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:35:13 PM by debbiec »

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 10:21:50 AM »
Confusing information. 

"What's more, an autopsy now shows that the child ingested no poison and her body showed no obvious signs of trauma.

Police now believe she may have been accidentally poisoned by someone."

Poisoned how then?  Injection, absorption - inhalation?? 

So sad that if that was the case, that that person was so desperate as to dump her body, than to take her to the hospital or go through proper channels to have her properly buried.  Heart-breaking.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
There is also a video at the end of this article.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2269246/baby-doe-billboard-campaign-launched/

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 06:54:01 PM »
Those sure are conflicting reports. If there was nothing shown in the tests of any poison, what is the senseless comment that "she may have accidentally been poisoned." I believe they are grasping at straws. It does matter how she died, of course. But the most important thing is who is she, why has she not been identified. Somebody has to know who she is. Unless the persons are deceased themselves. They may have committed suicide or something and that is why nobody has come forward. I think it is the biggest mystery at this time that nobody knows who she is. Also the police maybe calling it an "accidental death", trying to get her identified. So that if the person would come forward, they could claim it accidental. But that would be no way to dispose of this little angel, it would be the worst thing to do to her. Leave her alone in an isolated area and let someone else find her. Leave her in a garbage bag, so heartless and cold blooded. There is definitely no excuse, no reason in the world that anyone should get away with this. Please, if anyone does know who this little child is, make that call now to the police, call crime stoppers, anybody. Don't let one more day go by without calling the police and giving your information. You never have to give your name, just give your information. Someone does know.This is almost as strange as the case of "The Boy in the Box", apparently he was never identified. That happened many, many years ago. So is this what will happen here, I hope not. :'( :'( :'( :'(

jtmtpleasant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 09:29:51 AM »
Any updates on this story?

jtmtpleasant

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »
Interesting read thanks for the update. I'm thinking either her parents are undocumented/illegally living in the area or maybe the girl was abducted as a baby and raised by her abductee who purposely or accidentally killed her so obviously couldn't/didn't notify police/hospital.

Very mysterious. I hope they identify her soon :(

Amythest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 11:20:20 AM »
They have identified this poor little girl finally and have someone in custody - the mom's boyfriend.

Info here: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/18/us/boston-baby-doe-identified/index.html

(CNN)The girl known as "Baby Doe" -- who in June was found dead, wrapped in a trash bag on a rocky shoreline in Boston Harbor -- has been identified by authorities, a law enforcement source said Friday.

A suspect was taken into custody in connection with the case after a search warrant was executed in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood on Thursday, the source told CNN.

The man being questioned by authorities is the boyfriend of the mother of "Baby Doe," the law enforcement source said. It's unclear if the man -- who has not been charged -- has a lawyer or if he's cooperating, according to the source.

The child's identity has not been released, according to the source.

Authorities were to hold a news conference later Friday, the source said.

The case of the mysterious girl, whose adorable brown eyes and cherubic face -- as rendered by forensic artist Christi Andrews and distributed by authorities in Massachusetts -- caught the attention of millions.

The Suffolk County District Attorney's office told CNN that the "investigation remains very active" but that it had no update to share.

The tiny remains were found June 25 wrapped in a black trash bag, wearing polka dot pants lying next to a zebra blanket along the shore of Deer Island, a narrow peninsula just east of Boston's Logan Airport. Police released photos of the blanket and the polka-dot leggings she was wearing.

Authorities previously said they believe that "Baby Doe" was about 4 years old at the time of her death. She was 3 feet 6 inches tall and weighed about 30 pounds.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children released the composite of Baby Doe in July. Massachusetts State Police posted it on Facebook and distributed it via Twitter.

More than 50 million people saw or shared the composite.

Her remains were discovered along the shore of Deer Island, which has a 2.6 mile recreational perimeter accessible to the public, according to the National Park Service. The island is near the Port of Boston, one of the busiest on the eastern seaboard.

It's unclear how long she had been dead but there was some decomposition when her remains were removed from the trash bag.

Authorities analyzed pollen found on the girl's pants and blanket and determined that it "came from trees and plants around Boston," Jake Wark, a spokesman for the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office, said last month.

"This pollen analysis also suggests that 'Baby Doe' may have been placed on the shoreline, rather than washed ashore from a great distance," Wark said.

CNN's Chuck Johnston and Jason Hanna contributed to this report.

PandaBearKitty

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 01:20:51 PM »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 07:01:24 PM »
The Department of Children and Families were involved for six months out of each year, for 2 years.  I am not sure why they would close their books on little Bella, especially since the (so called) mother lost custody of 2 older children.
That should have been a huge red flag to this department.
Such a sad ending for a little darling.

I must say it was excellent work by the forensics people.