Author Topic: PAULA STILES - HOMICIDE - Sherwood Pk Apr 15/15  (Read 24115 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: PAULA STILES - HOMICIDE - Sherwood Pk Apr 15/15
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »
Paula also had a Nanny.  Was she a live in? It was thought that she was.  Nanny called bf around 12:30.  Was Nanny told to take Wednesday night off?  If kids had to go to school on the Wednesday Nanny would have been there in the a.m.  Unless, the family drove the kids to school that morning. Spring Break was from March 30 and over April 7th. . So the kids were not on Spring Break - they were back in school.

When BF was called by Nanny at 12:30, was that in the afternoon or am,  he left his home and went straight to PS home. Was not very clear on that.

He works for the WCB - why not at work - unless the Nanny called at 12:30 a.m.

He lived with her at her place - sounds like part time. Definitely not full time, at that point.

The police will put all of the pieces together, I hope and will make an arrest.

When checking the acreage, that was in early April.  If they found the smoking gun, one would think that an arrest would have been made by now?   

Nanny is now out of a job, and friends of bf are trying to find a new placement for her.

No mentioning of bf in obit, perhaps he was lumped in with friends.  Think they only knew each other for one year.  BF keeps checking the newspapers every day to see if an arrest has been made. Since he was so important to Paula, odd that her family does not include him.

Very sad.

I do not believe this murder was a random murder. How could she be alone in the home and still help her daughter with a book report. And why did she not mention that kids would not be home that evening to her friend? - or tell bf when texting back and forth at 11:50 pm that her kids were with family?  I would think that it would be important to her to tell him - Yet, he never mentioned it.  If he was her confident, I think she would have said something.

Paula listed something for sale in buy and sell Sherwood Park little paper in the wee hours going into the 15th. She was discovered deceased on the 15th at 6:30 a.m.

Kids on skateboards might have seen something.  What time were they out skate boarding?

Any evidence found on acreage would have been scrutinized by now,

jb 

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:49:48 PM by jellybean »

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »
I haven't read anything about the nanny being full time.  I also didn't know that the bf was at home when the nanny called him at 12:30pm on April 16, and not at work.  jb, can you provide a link to the bf being at home that morning?

The bf said in the video posted above, that he lived with Paula when he didn't have his children for visitation.  Also, there was a search done by LE at an undisclosed location, in addition the ex-husband's property.  I will find the link later. My computer keys are skipping every second letter i write.

Time waits for forensic exhibits sent to labs in Canada is pathetic.  I wouldn't put any significance on results or lack thereof, at this time.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 09:19:22 PM »
I cannot go back and look at anything that I posted from the Edmonton Journal, as I have used up my 10 freebies.

Check this out - police want to know..... quote investigators are trying to piece together what happened between 11 p.m. on April 14 and 6:30 a.m. on April 15.

So, all of this texting must have been done on the 14th of April.  Her body must have been discovered at 6:30 am on the 15th by the Nanny.

BF got the call at 12:30 to come right over from the Nanny.
Quite a large gap in time there.  Why didn't Nanny call him at 6"30 am or shortly thereafter.
He did not say that he got the call at work, so I am assuming that he was home, as he said that he jumped in his truck and went right over.

In any event, he and his brother have set up a trust fund for her daughters for all to donate to.
BF appears to be  totally lossed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whomever did this, will also bring grief to his family and friends.  It has a ripple effect, with more victims than one can count.

Who knows what drove a person to do this?  It is all so senseless to us!! Obviously, in a heat of a moment something happened there.  imo.

Jolene Cote, a teacher, a  wife, and  mother was murdered in Spruce Grove October of 2011, and this is still unsolved. Her husband found her outside in the yard at 6:15 a.m and carried her into their home and called EMS.

Sadly, even with Billboards being placed by the family, and a $60,000 reward raised by the family,
this remains unsolved!!

Whispers behind one's back must always be endured.  Finger pointing, etc.  And when it is still unsolved, it will continue.

I hope that this will not end up the same for Paula Stiles family.  That's all I have to say.

jb

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:21:53 PM by jellybean »

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 10:41:49 AM »
I wonder if the police think the skateboarders may have recorded something of interest.   they all have phones or helmet cams to catch the awesome and the fails to post on Youtube.  Very sad for this family.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 07:20:13 PM »
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/news/edmonton/Homicide+victim+husband+owned+rural+property+searched/10988483/story.html?rel=11137319

A rural property in Strathcona County RCMP searched Sunday was owned by homicide victim Paula Stiles and her ex-husband.

A land title certificate lists Stiles and Kenneth Haeberle as the owners of the 159-acre property east of Edmonton.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 06:59:02 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/paula-stiles-to-be-honoured-with-benefit-lacrosse-match-1.3136637

SEE VIDEO.

A Lacross  benefit will be held in honour of Paula, and proceeds to go to her children.

Her children not only lost a wonderful supportive mother, and since Paula was also a working mother, they have also lost her financial support.

How wonderful of her friends to do this for the family,

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 12:41:44 PM »
http://www.albertapolicereport.ca/2015/04/21/strathcona-county-homicide-update-5/

Investigators believe that anyone who may have been in the area between the hours of 11:00 p.m. of April 14th and 6:30 a.m. of April 15th may have heard or seen something useful to solving this crime.

and -

of public areas in and around the Hamlet of Sherwood Park recorded between the hours of 11:00 p.m. of April 14th and 6:30 a.m. of April 15th.. Recorded images or sounds may provide assistance in this investigation that the owner may not be aware of.

It appears that they are interested in any video recordings around Sherwood Park,  not just her neighbourhood. Not only images - but sounds!!

JB
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:36:52 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 08:31:59 PM »
It is now August 10th.

It will be 4 months in five more days.

Perhaps the forensic lab has not completed their testing?

This is not something that will be solved shortly, imo, it will take time.

Sometimes, nothing is as simple as it might appear to be.

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 11:01:02 PM »
personal video recordings of public areas in and around the Hamlet of Sherwood Park recorded between the hours of 11:00 p.m. of April 14th and 6:30 a.m. of April 15th.. Recorded images or sounds may provide assistance in this investigation that the owner may not be aware of.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Public Areas in and around Sherwood Park?? -  Sounds?  What type of sounds?  A motorcycle perhaps? 

This is an odd request. First time, this has ever been requested in a murder.  imo.

For some reason Sherwood Park is still designated as a hamlet.  I would not consider it to be one.  More of a small town.

Taken from Wikipedia; Note this is from 2012 Census.  Shrwd Pk has grown even further since then.

[show]Population history

Strathcona County's 2012 municipal census counted a population of 65,465 living in Sherwood Park, a 6.2% change from its 2009 municipal census population of 61,660.[4]

In the 2011 Census, Sherwood Park had a population of 64,733,[5] a 13.9% change from its 2006 population of 56,845.[18]

Crime[edit]

According to RCMP collected data in 2012, crime in Sherwood Park has been on the rise especially in domestic violence and impaired driving. Domestic violence reports rose by 32 percent; impaired driving went up 10 percent. Other facts released also pointed out that drug trafficking charges went up 55 percent, and sexual offenses went up by 20 percent.[19]

(Note the large number of Public Spaces, listed Under Attractions in this small town)

Attractions[edit]

Recreation facilities within Sherwood Park include the Broadmoor Arena, Glen Allan Recreation Complex, Kinsmen Leisure Centre, Millennium Place, Sherwood Park Arena/Sports Centre and Strathcona Athletic Park as well as a BMX bike park, a BMX bike pump track and a skateboard park.[8] The community also has 37 parks and sportsfields.[8]

That is a heck of a lot for a small town.  Other towns would be envious! My question is, what type of sounds would carry any distance  from any one of these public places, that would specifically tie in with a murder?

jb

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:25:02 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »
I wonder how this investigation is proceeding?  I wish all of the best to the RCMP in solving this.  It may take some time, and patience is needed.

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 05:57:42 PM »
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/10/23/boyfriend-of-slain-sherwood-park-mom-hoping-for-break-in-the-case

Boyfriend of slain Sherwood Park mom hoping for break in the case

BY KEVIN MAIMANN, EDMONTON SUN
FIRST POSTED: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2015 04:22 PM MDT

The boyfriend of a mother-of-three slain at her Sherwood Park home in April is hopeful that a break in the case is just around the corner.

Paula Stiles, 44, was found slain in her Sherwood Park home on April 15. Kirk Babiak says the situation right now is "terribly" frustrating.

"It's like a brick wall," he said.

Babiak had been dating Stiles for close to a year, and the two had recently looked at a house that could accommodate his two kids as well as hers.

He spent a week living at her house before leaving on Sunday, April 12, two days before her killing.

Babiak and Stiles texted back and forth until 12:04 a.m. that Wednesday. Everything seemed fine until he got a hysterical phone call from her live-in nanny around noon, telling him to come over.

Related: RCMP narrow down list of suspects in Sherwood Park slaying

RCMP said Stiles was slain in her Foxhaven Court home sometime before 6:30 a.m. that morning.

"I've never experienced anything so traumatizing and so hard," Babiak said.

He said Stiles always tried to make life fun for her daughters, the oldest of whom is 13.

"She was wonderful and loving and cared about everybody she knew and met, and just went out of her way to make sure that everybody else was always looked after and cared for. She always tried to be the best at everything she did," he said.

"We were very happy together."

Babiak believes Mounties will make an arrest soon -- they need more evidence to build a strong case.

"It's terrible when something like this happens and the person is just walking around and acting like they got away with it," said Babiuk.

A trust fund is set up for Stiles' daughters through ATB Financial, under the name Paula Stiles in Trust.

Shortly after Stiles was found dead, investigators executed a search warrant on a rural property east of Sherwood Park near Ardrossan belonging to her ex-husband.

RCMP spokesperson Insp. Gibson Glavin said Mounties are still obtaining statements from people who have come forward with information.

kevin.maimann@sunmedia.ca

jellybean

• View Profile

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
Could her murder be work related? She worked as a training supervisor at Enbridge Pipelines.

Did she let someone go,or recommend that someone be fired, as she found them unsuitable for the job?

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/news-nouvelles/2016/04/160415-strathcona-homicide-eng.htmhas been and receiving assistance from several other units including members from the Strathcona County RCMP detachment.

If anyone has any information, please call the Strathcona County RCMP at 780-467-7741, or if you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. We want your information, not your name. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward.

-30-

Media Contact:
Alberta RCMP Media Relations
780-412-5260

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2016, 11:14:23 PM »
This all began with hopes that this would be solved shortly.  Police at one point said that they had narrowed down the number of suspects.

Now it appears that they need someone to come forward with information;

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:26:25 PM by jellybean »