Author Topic: Thomas George McKeever | Missing | Cadomin (August 2007)  (Read 3871 times)

Carol-Lynn

Thomas George McKeever | Missing | Cadomin (August 2007)
« on: August 31, 2007, 09:10:07 AM »
A 52-year-old Edson man has been missing since mid-August, and police are looking for help in finding him.

Thomas George Mc- Keever was driving a 2004 Blue Chevrolet Silverado truck when he left his rural home Aug. 13, police reported yesterday.

It is believed he may have gone to the Cadomin area near Hinton, where he had previously gone to hunt. Police, however, don't believe his disappearance is suspicious.

"He really didn't give a lot of details as to where he was going, what he was doing," said Edson RCMP Const. Dion Barry.

McKeever is described as six-foot-two and 185 pounds with blue eyes. His hair is light brown and grey.

His truck, which had a camper with a trailer carrying a quad, is registered under licence plate SBN 177. The quad is a red 1999 Honda 450 with licence plate JG605.

Anyone with information can contact Edson RCMP at (780) 723-8822.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 03:06:02 AM by Chris »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Man from Edson missing for weeks.Thomas George Mc- Keever
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 03:37:37 PM »

So we have yet ANOTHER missing person to look out for.  ??? ???

Well he has a camper, and a bike, quad, so maybe thery should do an aerial search, to see if his vehicle seen, or he had an accident. Evertime I hear of Hinton, I think of Stephanie Stuart. :'(

Where is CSD when ya need him? I miss all your takes on what is happening, hope you are well, and doing good. 8) 8) 8)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Man from Edson missing for weeks.Thomas George Mc- Keever
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »
Oh man, anything could have happened to him. That area is in the base of the mountains, very windy roads, steep cliffs, ghost towns and off road trails barely used. I hope they used a helicopter to do an arial search.

mauvelilac

Re: Thomas George McKeever | Missing | Cadomin (August 2007)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:05:15 PM »
Was this man found, does anyone know? I went on the alberta missing people site and he isn't listed..One would think he would be if he's still missing?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »
I have not heard. It could be that since this is just a year old and no evidence of foul play yet, the police are not ready to call it a crime. But that could change I soppose. It is a dangerous mountain region and perhaps the theory is he got lost in the forrest.

SAP

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 01:23:53 AM »
Strange case. There is no mention if this man was ever found, just that he was missing in 2007 with a camper truck, and a trailer carrying a quad for hunting purposes. Did he want to go missing? This is 4 years and some and not an article since the original. He wouldn't have been difficult to spot with all his equipment.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 12:53:48 PM »
sap I as well have done searches trying to find out if this man was found but nothing since the original did I find either.  Wondering if any one local is on this site and perhaps could check with the local LE to see if this man has been found? JMO

SAP

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »
He's not even in the local white pages. Either he left on his own never to return, or suicide then since it wasn't pursued.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »
Odd, there was no police report. Just a poster reporting on a forum that he was found. Police usually indicate by updating their initial article.